Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 Monitors - Dual NVIDIA Quadro FX 570?

Options
  • 25-03-2008 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi
    Bit iffy on graphics cards so any help appreciated.

Helping someone spec up a Dell Precision T5400 running four 24" ultrasharp monitors.

System comes with Dual 256MB FX 570 as standard, which if I understand things correctly will run the four monitors quite happily.

There is (an expensive) option to upgrade to Dual 512MB FX 1700 cards but from reading the NVIDIA site the major difference in performance seems to be in the the 3d area and he's not interested in that - it's live data feeds more than anything else. Both cards have dual DVI but the 1700 also has HD-out.

I think the money would be better spent with higher processor or ram.

Am I right that the default card would be perfectly good for the four monitors given the use?

TIA

o29

Advertisement