Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamesave cheaters punished by MS

• 25-03-2008 3:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else think this is hilarious? :D

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/03/25/gamerscore-cheaters-get-punished-and-branded/

xbox.com: A gamerscore correction occurs on a player’s LIVE account when they gain achievements through avoiding game play and the use of external tools. LIVE is committed to keeping the service free of this type of behavior as it violates the LIVE Terms of Use. When abnormal achievement or gamerscore activity is found, LIVE modifies the gamerscore of players who meet specific and automated criteria.

A LIVE player who obtained their gamerscore in this abnormal way will

* Find their gamerscore reset to zero, and
    * Be unable to regain all previously earned achievements, and
    * Be labeled as a “cheater” for the community to view.

While players who have been identified by these criteria will start from a zero gamerscore, they will still be able to gain achievements for future games. In other words, we give them another chance to earn future achievements by earning them as other “fair” players do. The original gamerscore correction will remain permanent without any way to appeal.
    Questions and answers

I can't even get onto Major nelson's site, there must be uproar :D

this guy had the highest score through cheating, look at him now http://live.xbox.com/en-AU/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=Sufoor

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Why would someone bother cheating? & how is it even possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Why would someone bother cheating? & how is it even possible?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamesaving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Yeah it's rather lame. Here's a thing though, there have been times when I've got achievements for absolutely nothing. Skate for instance, I got all the online achievements, when in fact I'd never even played it online :confused: Just hope I don't get banned :pac:

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    I got all the online achievements, when in fact I'd never even played it online :confused: Just hope I don't get banned :pac:

Quick, get the Gamerscore police!!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

The weird thing is that they left his reputation at 3 stars. I thought it would be down to one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Fair play MS!:D

I always wondered if it was possible to use someone elses saves to get achievements, nice to know that anybody that tries will have to suffer

The weird thing is that they left his reputation at 3 stars. I thought it would be down to one.

I always assumed 3 was the lowest (possibly wrongly!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

You'd have to be pretty sad to cheat, why the **** would you do it?

Nice to see some got caught out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

High level hackers are now selling the gamertags at premiums exceeding $2000 on popular Internet sites, such as eBay

Looks like something the Gold-Miners from WoW should look into....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Looks like something the Gold-Miners from WoW should look into....

haha, anyone who pays any amount of money for a gamertag needs their head checked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

My brother left my xbox on overnight with rubber bands over the joypad to get an achievement on his profile.

I always knew he was scum, now time to bring him to justice.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

A-Trak wrote: »
    My brother left my xbox on overnight with rubber bands over the joypad to get an achievement on his profile.

I always knew he was scum, now time to bring him to justice.;)

ha, that's not the sort of cheating they're talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

ShaneU wrote: »
    ha, that's not the sort of cheating they're talking about.

Guess I should have added more smilies;);)

Would be funny to send an email to MS though,

"Dear Major Nelson,

I've noticed you are cracking down on cheated gamerscores. My brother the insufferable cad, has been flaunting this policy and laughing in your face for months now.

I know that rubber bands in them selves are not illegael but my brother with his hacking skills has found a way to make them so.
    Using said rubber bands and a regular joypad in conjunction with a copy of dead rising he has "cheated" his way to the outdoorsman achievement.

By tying the bands over the joypad sticks he has made Frank a puppet, even a zombie if you will (in it's own sense a cheat, as it goes against the whole feeling of the game!) so that Frank runs around on the helipad unattended whilst by brother, miles away from the console sups ale in the pub and earns achievements. Outrage!

Please reign down your furious might upon him and zero his gamerscore.

Thanking you.

A-Trak.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Eccentric Toast

A-Trak wrote: »
    Guess I should have added more smilies;);)

Would be funny to send an email to MS though,

"Dear Major Nelson,

I've noticed you are cracking down on cheated gamerscores. My brother the insufferable cad, has been flaunting this policy and laughing in your face for months now.

I know that rubber bands in them selves are not illegael but my brother with his hacking skills has found a way to make them so.
    Using said rubber bands and a regular joypad in conjunction with a copy of dead rising he has "cheated" his way to the outdoorsman achievement.

By tying the bands over the joypad sticks he has made Frank a puppet, even a zombie if you will (in it's own sense a cheat, as it goes against the whole feeling of the game!) so that Frank runs around on the helipad unattended whilst by brother, miles away from the console sups ale in the pub and earns achievements. Outrage!

Please reign down your furious might upon him and zero his gamerscore.

Thanking you.

A-Trak.

Now thats funny s***

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I was going to do that in viva pinata for the "play for 50 hours" achievement :(

EDIT: I'm talking about rubber band on the a button,not game saving.

Advertisement