Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christening present for godchild

Options
  • 25-03-2008 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭

Hi All,

It's my nephews christening next week and I'm going to be the godmother. I'm just wondering if anyone has any gift ideas. I know the usual silver engraved christening stuff, and I will go for that as a default if I can't find anything else, but would anyone have any slightly more unique suggestions?

Thanks a mil!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Has been discussed but no one seems to have come up with anything really unusual as of yet

Maybe you might get an idea from one of these threads ?
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055043362&highlight=Christening
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055225816&highlight=Christening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

I tried searching "christening present" and nothing came up on it so I didn't see those threads but not really anything exciting there. I was going to get him football club shares but Man Utd have gone private now and there's no way my bro would allow his son to have shares in any other club!

Was looking up prize bonds, might just have to go for that. Just would've liked something a bit more interesting. Was even thinking about going for the getting a star named after him thing but I reckon he'll think that's crap when he's older, might've done it if the godchild was a girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

The shares idea is pretty good actually, is there anything else you could get shares in - doesnt have to be sport related like ? (i'm admittedly ****e when it comes to knowledge about anything along those lines)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

Thanks for the help C-13. I've decided to go for a pair of (damn expensive!!) cufflinks and I'm getting his initials on them. That way they're a keepsake and something he can use when he's older for special occasions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I'm looking for an original Christening present too for my Goddaughter (is it ok to call her my Goddaughter yet :confused:) I have bought one of those foot and hand imprint sets and I'll probably get one of those Tatty Bears, but I'm looking for something else as a main present. I don't want to give money in any form - cash/gift voucher/prize bonds etc, clothes or anything silver - photoframe or curl and tooth thingys because i'm sure she'll get these from other people, I'd like something a bit different and personal...any suggestions?

• Advertisement
Advertisement