Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Streaming with network adapter.

• 25-03-2008 3:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭

Any of you guys use the 360 with the Wireless Networking Adapter to stream movies etc from a PC ? Does it work with windows xp or do you have to have media centre? :)

More importantly is it any good ?;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

You need either Windows Media Player 11, which can be downloaded Here or you can use a compatible Media server such as the highly recommended TVersity

I stream tv shoes, movies and music wirelessly and there's no problems. Videos take less than ten seconds to buffer at the start and there's no buffering required after this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Another +1 for TVersity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

One more for TVersity - I've been using this with XP for ages and it's great.

Even if the media file is in one of the ones not supported natively by the XBox, it tries to Transcode it on the fly (i.e. change it so the XBox thinks it's a supported file type). I have an older PC (1GHz) and it is too slow to do that part properly - sure, I can let it transcode and then go back and play the file from the start again, but that would take ages.

That's not a problem with TVersity, per se, just my old hardware ain't what it used to be :o ... TVersity works great, well recommended.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Going to try this TVersity thingy.

Spent hours - literally hours last night trying to get WM player 11 to stream to xbox and no matter what I do the 360 just wont pick up my PC even though the PC is picking up the 360 no problem and media sharing to it is on and enabled.

Hateful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Are you using XP or Vista?

With Vista, I had to get MCE up and running before the XBOX could see the PC.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

It finally worked somehow without me changing anything. Except instead of going through the media connect check (kept bumming out at the PC Connect stage) I found that when I went to browse the media it showed up there when I tried to change the device.

When I went back to the Media Connect test it passed on all counts. Even though seconds before hand it wouldn't.

Infuriating. Hours spent I'll never get back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Infuriating. Hours spent I'll never get back.

That's bloody PCs for you!

TVersity is great for music tracks, as it can play some formats which the Xbox can't. I use WMP's media sharing for movies and it works great.

Advertisement