Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Bike Rack

Options
  • 25-03-2008 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a good car bike rack for a Mark 4 Golf?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

The Hollywood make is pretty good. Get one which allows the bike to be fixed into a certain point on the rack using a rubber clasp, assuming you want a boot mounted rack. I have used ones which have a clasp and ones which don't. I prefer the ones with the clasp, as they give the bike a fixed position in the rack, keeping it more stable. That said the ones without a clasp are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭King Kelly

.....You'll never get a Mark 4 Golf onto a bike rack...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I have a Halfords one. Worked on my 2001 Golf. It has hooks to go under the car body. Quite easy to install. It is worth buying, if not included [I cannot remember], the foam separators.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭michaelm

It might seem extreme but I think the draw bar mounted rack is the way to go - having used both types (boot mounted and draw bar mounted) I have found the latter to be such a pleasure to use; extremely stable and virtually impossible to cause any damage to the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

Yeh, be careful. My sister used a bike rack from Argus and it ruined the tailgate of our MkIV - scratches everywhere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement