Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long for healing

Options
  • 25-03-2008 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

My sister got a belly button piecing about 4 weeks ago and it still hasn't healed properly and it's becoming pain in the ass for her. She cleans it religiously.

How long does this usually take??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

A navel piercing can take anything from 6 months to a year to heal fully. I had a double navel done for 4 months and they never settled down so I ended up taking them out :(
    But the same rules apply as with any piercing, don't play with them, and keep them clean. Salt soaks work wonders twice daily, overcleaning is just gonna irritate it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Cherryvega wrote: »
    A navel piercing can take anything from 6 months to a year to heal fully. I had a double navel done for 4 months and they never settled down so I ended up taking them out :(
    But the same rules apply as with any piercing, don't play with them, and keep them clean. Salt soaks work wonders twice daily, overcleaning is just gonna irritate it.

Twice daily might still be too many sea salt soaks - too much salt will dry out your piercing.

To the OP, tell them to have the patience to look after their piercing, and make sure nothing hits off of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

My navel took about 7-8 months to heal propery, but now 2 years down the line not a bother on it, I cleaned it once a day with this solution I got In Metalmorphisis. My anti-navel is only 6 weeks old now and there's no bother with it, a little bit of irritation but that's because I was wearing a bulky bar on the top piercing! I don't clean it though (duno if that's a good thing or bad) and the only time it gets clean is in the shower and I usual only rub some anti-bacterial soap on it
    Seems to be doing the trick though.

Advertisement