Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sticking Valve - big or small job?

Options
  • 25-03-2008 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi,
    I have a BMW 316i 2000 (1.9) and have been told that the reason the hose
    in the engine is burnt through is because there is a valve sticking in the engine and hot air is burning it. Assuming this is correct. Is this a big job to fix a sticking valve? How much might something like that cost? hundreds or thousands?

Thanks in advance,
    Barry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I don't know anything about the parts/problem in particular, but any job that requires the engine to be opened, especially if the engine needs to be dropped out, will cost big because of the man-hours involved - in the hundreds at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

barrybevel wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have a BMW 316i 2000 (1.9) and have been told that the reason the hose
    in the engine is burnt through is because there is a valve sticking in the engine and hot air is burning it. Assuming this is correct. Is this a big job to fix a sticking valve? How much might something like that cost? hundreds or thousands?

Thanks in advance,
    Barry.

Which hose was burnt?? interested as i have the same car with the same engine... .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

What valve are you talking about?!

EDIT: if it's item 1 and 3 here, it'll be about 80/100 euro for parts and whatever labour it costs to replace

Advertisement