Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow Patrol - Clarence 18th April??

Options
  • 25-03-2008 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Tickets on sale today

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I heard about this yesterday, I heard it was only rumour though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

You could be right - I think there might be a DJ setup with the same name, hopefully not...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I heard it was the singer of Snow Patrol with a diferent band or summit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Snowpatrol make the most mind numbingly dull & depressing music I've ever heard. If Coldplay are a poor man's version of U2 in 'over the top stadium-rock mode', Snowpatrol are a poor man's version of Coldplay.

If they come to Sligo, I'm moving to Bundoran.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

It's them but just a d.j set by two of the lads apparently
    http://www.snowpatrol.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=746020&highlight=sligo#746020

• Advertisement

Possibly the Cake Sale line-up?
    Well worth seeing if thats who it is.

Snowpatrol make the most mind numbingly dull & depressing music I've ever heard. If Coldplay are a poor man's version of U2 in 'over the top stadium-rock mode', Snowpatrol are a poor man's version of Coldplay.

Someone with no taste and wanting to move to Bundoran.... sounds like a match made in heaven :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Someone with no taste and wanting to move to Bundoran.... sounds like a match made in heaven :rolleyes:

I'd rather be impaled than move to Bundoran, but if it were to get away from Snowpatrol, I would do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Bon Voyage!

• Advertisement

sueme wrote: »
    Bon Voyage!

:(

Maybe we could cordon off a no-go area of Sligo were Snow Patrol would be forbidden to enter.

Exile to Bundoran is a fate worse than death..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I'd rather be impaled than move to Bundoran, but if it were to get away from Snowpatrol, I would do it.

I'm sure they feel the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Right, listen to me and listen carefully.

If you Sligonians get in a huff, Donegal isn't your wee bolt hole.

Okay? :D

smashey wrote: »
    Donegal isn't your wee bolt hole.
    Okay? :D

..Oh stewardess, I speak jive :D

Maybe we could cordon off a no-go area of Sligo were Snow Patrol would be forbidden to enter.

Exile to Bundoran is a fate worse than death..

Or just send them to Bundoran - their depressing music would suit the town to a tee. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

No.You.Wouldnt.
    :rolleyes:

Anyone notice the Weekender giving the impression that it's an actual gig rather than a d.j set

gustavo wrote: »
    Anyone notice the Weekender giving the impression that it's an actual gig rather than a d.j set

Well they would!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

*fervently starts praying they're coming to Sligo! :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if it's true or not yet?

I live in town but I never hear anything! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

its a DJ set, read it in one of above links for sligo weekender

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

Just an idea...... why don't you just ....ehm.... not go to the gig? ;)

From the Weekender:
    http://www.sligoweekender.ie/news/story/?trs=mhojkfgbau&cat=news
    (Just in case SUEME's didn't work!)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Heard about this day... thought it was horse-crap to be honest!

If they had a new album and they were promoting it.. fair enough. They'd play some smaller gigs to get in the news but they're still only writing their follow up to the last album.

Odd but judging by the Weekender, it is simply a DJ set by 3 of the members but i'd expect a few Snow Patrol tracks thrown in alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

I would go but meh, too much hassle.

I already thoroughly enjoyed the Futureheads and I must say that since the Clarence re-opened I'm suprised by the calibur of act coming there. Even if it just a DJ-set, I suppose it is some of Snow Patrol playing in Sligo. If it was by a more dancey indie band like the Klaxons, then fo' sho' I'd try and get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Didn't Snow Patrol play in Sligo before? In McGarrigle's. I don't care. I haven't liked them since the first album anyway. Apart from "Chocolate". That's not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, they played McGarrigle's around the time 'Final Straw' was released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

It is a DJ set.
    It will Be Gary Lightbody (singer), Tom Simpson (Keyboardist) and Jonny (drummer).

Can't wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

And for anyone who's curious, the tickets are on sale at 3pm on the 18th April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

Ohh wow
    Yay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

If they were playing a live show I would definately be there but I'm not to keen on a DJ set so I wont be going.

Advertisement