Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB Options in Coolmine

Options
  • 25-03-2008 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

This is aimed at people living in the Clonsilla Road/Coolmine Road/Station Court area of Coolmine, Dublin 15. I'm living on Coolmine Road, near Clonsilla Road. Have Ripwave - it works but obviously it's crap as we can't use Skype. Using skype and youtube is my only real requirement. I am prepared to wait when watching video clips but Skype is the main requirement.

Apparently eircom BB isn't available on my road!! Meaning basically that DSL simply isn't an option from any provider like Esat, Smart, NTL... whatever. (This has been the case for 5 years - the answer is it's going to be ready in "2 months"...ye know yerself...). I am therefore restricted to wireless providers.

Does anyone in this area have IBB Breeze (say 1 or 2MB)?
    Does it work?
    Is it as bad as it was in 2005 or has it improved at all?
    Is Skype usable? Can you hear them, and can they hear you?

Anyone have any other wireless provider? Tried Clearwire but some bloody tree is in the way so the signal was too weak! The O2/3/Vodafone USB things weren't much good either. The Digiweb slot card won't do either as I want to be able to use desktops.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Collumbo wrote: »
    Apparently eircom BB isn't available on my road!! Meaning basically that DSL simply isn't an option from any provider like Esat, Smart, NTL... whatever. (This has been the case for 5 years - the answer is it's going to be ready in "2 months"...ye know yerself...). I am therefore restricted to wireless providers....

Eircom has got nothing to do with NTL. So what do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

BostonB wrote: »
    Eircom has got nothing to do with NTL. So what do you mean?

NTL is your best bet, go for the 1mb package and you don't need to get ntl tv now to get the BB!

http://www.upc.ie/internet/

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Collumbo

To BostonB - apologies for that bit of confusion. NTL still isn't available on my road either.

Not quite sure what ntl are at really... It is available on a road about 200m away, but not on my street. I just phoned them to verify this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Collumbo wrote: »
    To BostonB - apologies for that bit of confusion. NTL still isn't available on my road either.

Not quite sure what ntl are at really... It is available on a road about 200m away, but not on my street. I just phoned them to verify this.

other than IBB you'll have to get a phone line installed!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭ongarite

Sounds like a strange road alright with no cable (NTL) or phone line (DSL) available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

Im living in Coolmine Woods (near Clonsilla road)
    Cant have NTL Bb (i have a digitaltv from them)
    but i have Eircom landline and dsl broadband from Irish Broadband, 3 meg, working really fine.
    Then we had breeze from IBB, that worked also fine, but the antenna on the roof wsant so handym and came down couple of times, so we changed to dsl instead.

Advertisement