Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gruyere + Mustard

• 25-03-2008 4:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭

Just found the greatest place to put mustard...

Slice of thick fresh bread,
    slab of Brittany butter (proper sea salt stuff),
    a load of Gruyere cheese,
    coat generously with Dijon mustard!!

Enjoy!

Gruyere is the best cheese with mustard by the way.
    FACT.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Isnt Gruyere Cheese made from Cow's milk? I've never tasted it but am tempted to do so now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Isnt Gruyere Cheese made from Cow's milk? I've never tasted it but am tempted to do so now.

I don't know for sure but it tastes like it is alright.
    The secret is the cheese isn't so strong as to overshadow the mustard floavour (god forbid/impossible and al that..) but also its got this silkiness that mixed bit butter and mustard is accenuated and devilioushly selicious!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I bet if that sandwich was grilled for a couple of minutes it would be like heaven on a sideplate...

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bubba Shlub

Mix a little bit of white truffle oil in with some dijon, then eat it with gruyere.

I once made a seared pork loin with a gruyere cream sauce that had a truffle dijon creme fraiche mixed in. It was so good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 plon

Gruyere is a protected origin designated cheese from switzerland.. a vastly underrated cheese with wonderful wholesome flavour especially if made from unpasteurised milk
    Imagine in this wonderful country famous for its dairy products there is no cheese variety with protected origin status

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Must try this. Is Gruyere cheese easily available in Ireland? Would a big enough Dunnes/Tesco have it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bubba Shlub

If we can get Gruyere in the states then I would imagine you can find it somewhere there too. It's one of my favorite cheeses. A bit expensive here because it's imported so I don't buy too often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Ok managed to get some in Dunnes,looking forward to this. Thanks for the reccomendation.

Advertisement