Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charge for evaluating memory stick damage?

Options
  • 25-03-2008 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I looked up Dublin company on the internet about repairing a memory stick. When i emailed them they said send it in and they'd have a look, which I did. After a day they got back to me saying they would be able recover the data on my usb stick for €300. I said not to bother it was too dear and return my stick. They then came down to €175 and said that was their last price. I said forget about it just return my usb stick. They then said I owe them €45 for evaluating the problem in the first place, when i told them they did n't make me aware of this, their reply was that it is posted on their website. When I checked this up, I see that it is on their FAQ section about a Diagnostic charge but not on the section that sets out the process of the repair at the beginning of the website. It is not the money, I just feel this is a sly way for them to work. I've signed no contract even though there is one i should have downloaded and sent away 'accepting all costs' with the stick in the first place. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

this needs to be moved to consumer issues.

btw, in future if you have any issues with anything computer related ask here first, we might be able to help you to recover the data for free.

Advertisement