Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Suggestion - SUV 4x4 Sub-Forum

Options
  • 25-03-2008 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭

Mods,

Would it be possible to set up a sub-forum for SUV/4x4's ?
    We have sub forums for classics, modified's, bikes and campers, so why not one for SUV's.
    Pretty much every thread involving an SUV/4x4 gets hit with the anti brigade, so it would be nice to be able to discuss them with like minded people who actually like them.

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

give it to them!!

As long as all SUV pillow talk is kept over there and doesn't seep in here of course:D:D

SUV's are a fad and will die out just like the massive MPV was a fad in the mid 90s. I don't see the necessity. Just ignore people if you don't like what they say:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Mods,

Would it be possible to set up a sub-forum for SUV/4x4's ?
    We have sub forums for classics, modified's, bikes and campers, so why not one for SUV's.
    Pretty much every thread involving an SUV/4x4 gets hit with the anti brigade, so it would be nice to be able to discuss them with like minded people who actually like them.

What do you think?
    Don't be such a cry-baby, how come Alfa owners can deal with it and you can't?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Typical that the replies are from the anti's :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

The SUV drivers are worse than the BMW ones now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Anan1 wrote: »
    Don't be such a cry-baby, how come Alfa owners can deal with it and you can't?;)

LOL-was thinking the same thing myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fletch...

I agree with Cmar-Ireland, would be nice to have our own sub forum where we didnt have to put up with crap from the narrow minded anti suv brigade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

great idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

Against!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I wholeheartedly support this product, service, forum.

Cmar: have you contacted this Forum's Mods for their thoughts on the matter?

Tragedy wrote: »
    Against!

Why against?
    If your not interested in it then dont look at it, simple as that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

If you give it to them then all the other frequently abused motors (e.g. Alfa's, BMWs, Frenchies, Tiida's :D) might want theirs.
    I like this forum because it is diverse, and popular, if you cut out the jeeps thats maybe a 10% drop in threads?

Don't take the criticism personally.

Best leave things as they are.

Save the Polar Bears ;)

polar%20bear-thumb.jpg

fletch... wrote: »
    Why against?
    It doesn't matter anyway; Tragedy put a 'Thumbs Up' icon on his post, thereby effectively cancelling out the 'Against!'
    It therefore amounts to a neutral, neither for nor against, post. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Will the SUV sub-forum then get subdidivided further between vehicles that actually CAN go off-road and those that get stuck at the mere sight of a wet blade of grass ?

fletch... wrote: »
    Why against?
    If that works for you, then why do you feel the need for a separate mum truck forum?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

you mean off-roaders and soft-roaders

your right Rovi, tehee!

I dont think people realise that (excluding soccer moms) suv's, 4x4's , off roading, greenlaning ect. is a totally different ballgame to normal car/ road driving as regards driving techniques, vehical upgrading, equipment, meet ups, the list goes on and on.

As far as I know there are no other Irish foums for 4x4,s yet there are a lot of people and groups who meet up for off roading weekends. Other people have other reasons for owning as suv.
    I get tired of being asked why does a flatlander need or want a 4x4 or a "mum truck" as someone put it, which is why I dont really bother posting in other forums.

I just taught id write that so we dont get an endless list of people claiming that its all the same

What's a flatlander?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

a "Technical Queries" and "General Discussion" forum instead of the current "Motors" forum would be good (IMHO).

landydef wrote: »
    you mean off-roaders and soft-roaders
    That would be Off-Roaders and Mall-Terrain-Vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

What's a flatlander?

Someone who lives someplace where roads and paved surfaces are plentiful;)

• Advertisement

ninty9er wrote: »
    Clever.;)

ninty9er wrote: »

Very well worded! Its what my Wicklow mates call Dubliners lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

colm_mcm wrote: »
    a "Technical Queries" and "General Discussion" forum instead of the current "Motors" forum would be good (IMHO).

Seconded.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

They'll think the wall is for keeping us out, but it's really for keeping them in. Deep.

.........and how many Alfa owners have their car keyed for what they drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

.........and how many Alfa owners have their car keyed for what they drive?
    A Sub-Forum won't stop that.

Sherifu wrote: »
    A Sub-Forum won't stop that.

Quite right, but it might stop all the hippies from thread spoiling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Would an SUV/4x4 forum not make it easier for the tree huggers to give out? They would have only one place to look before getting onto their high horse and giving out to you. Unless you restict posting access I don't see it working.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

colm_mcm wrote: »

plus a "Legal issues" for all those 'how can I weasel out of my ticket', 'does such and such camera work', and 'did I actually get penalty points'

just so I can more easily and collectively ignore them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

If you can prove you actually need to have such a vehicle then why not.
    I'd say about 5% of the SUV/4x4 owners in this country actually have practical used/requirement for them.

Advertisement