Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Suggestion - SUV 4x4 Sub-Forum

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Against.
    It's still a car and SUV owners will have to live with the problems their machines cause, on boards as in real life.

Then ones who use SUV for a living can try asking for a truck forum over in "Farming & Forestry"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

Del2005 wrote: »
    Would an SUV/4x4 forum not make it easier for the tree huggers to give out? They would have only one place to look before getting onto their high horse and giving out to you. Unless you restict posting access I don't see it working.
    well then why not have a sub-sub-forum from the 4x4 forum for all the hippie tree huggers to whinge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

If you can prove you actually need to have such a vehicle then why not.
    I'd say about 5% of the SUV/4x4 owners in this country actually have practical used/requirement for them.

That's why a sub forum would be nice.
    No-one needs to prove they need such a vehicle. We should be allowed to drive and discuss whatever type of vehicle we want to, without having to endure the endless posting about how bad they are.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

If it means all the tax-shy hayseeds who see a commercial Land Cruiser as the epitome of motoring are elsewhere, then by all means.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭blackbox

Keep them here unless you want sub forums (fora?) for Audi, Alfa, BMW, Skoda, Saloons, Coupes, GTs etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

Robbo wrote: »
    If it means all the tax-shy hayseeds who see a commercial Land Cruiser as the epitome of motoring are elsewhere, then by all means.
    now theres a generalisation for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

That's why a sub forum would be nice.
    No-one needs to prove they need such a vehicle. We should be allowed to drive and discuss whatever type of vehicle we want to, without having to endure the endless posting about how bad they are.
    No you shouldn't, and no you won't. Better get used to it.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Anan1 wrote: »
    No you shouldn't, and no you won't. Better get used to it.;)

Suppose so...

*Now I must go and wash all the blood off my bullbar from all the peds I've killed today :D

*I don't have a 4x4....................yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I don't have a 4x4....................yet!
    Ahahahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

If this thread is serious, then the forums forum is the place to go. Can I suggest calling it the "Off Roading" forum, which may attract less abuse?

• Advertisement
Advertisement