Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else get these???

Options
  • 25-03-2008 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭

Before I nod off into a deep sleep I regularly get these really unusual still images - nearly all the time of things that don't exist in 'the real world', or things that I have never seen in reality. Like one of them was this giant cliff face, but it wasn't made of rock or anything, but made up of thousands of the front halves of black cars. Random I know.

Each image lasts a few seconds then a new one appears, sometimes they're related, sometimes not. It's bizarre, don't now anyone else who gets em.

Also I am aware that they are in fact images and that I am, to some extent, dreaming, sometimes I wake up and sometimes I just fall asleep afterwards. I remember them much more vividly than dreams also.

Am I going mad or is this my brain preparing itself for dreaming or something?? :confused:

Comments

Not exactly the same but I construct still images and they drift into dreams. In an attempt to fall asleep quicker.
    I have an unquiet mind, and occupying it helps me drift off to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Hmm yeah, these things just kind of randomly appear though. I'd say it is just the dream side of my brain overworking before actually sleeping or somethin. Weird though...

Either that or I'm probably insane :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 synchronicityex

As you begin relaxing before actual sleep, your brain begins producing alpha and sometimes theta waves, in this period of time you are halfway between dreaming and waking consciousness. Many people have similar phenomena just before sleeping or just before waking up. Often the experiences are marked by slide show style images or by audible sounds.

I have often begun waking up and heard what sounded like people in my house talking and moving around, only to get up later and find no one there.

Nothing to be alarmed about, but might be a great chance to work on the ability to lucid dream.

All the best!
    Bill White
    http://www.synchronicityexpert.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭andgoodbye

I get that all the time!
    I also find in this state it is similar to sleeptalking, as I will answer any questions truthfully and without remembering!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

I get these regularly enough.
    Normally images of people - the images are normally still but the viewpoint moves around a bit.
    I'm always fully conscious for them.
    Did some half hearted research on them recently but couldn't find anything that seemed to match.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Your image sounds like a Dali painting, he painted his dreams.

andgoodbye wrote: »
    I get that all the time!
    I also find in this state it is similar to sleeptalking, as I will answer any questions truthfully and without remembering!

:eek: I sleep talk and I usually say awful things...

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

andgoodbye wrote: »
    I get that all the time!

When my sister and I were younger, we used to share a room and she did this a couple of times. She'd answer when I asked her things and basically hold a fully fledged conversations, then remember nothing in the morning, it was weird! And disruptive, was glad when I finally got my own room!!! i guess dreams and things are one of those experiences we'll never completely understand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭andgoodbye

I thought it was only me!
    I go to boardin school so it's a bit awkward.
    Apparently the other night I admitted that I'd screw a particular 12 year old:S
    I don't remember this at all.
    (I'm 16 by the way so it's not as bad)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Not exactly the same but I construct still images and they drift into dreams. In an attempt to fall asleep quicker.
    I have an unquiet mind, and occupying it helps me drift off to sleep.

Exactly what I do. It is strange how you can make images in the blackness of your eyelids. The more you concentrate the more vivid they become. They can become whatever you will yourself to see. But they can also just drift away into tiny dots.

I do by totally awake when this is happening though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Often the experiences are marked by slide show style images or by audible sounds.

I started this thread quite a while ago now and was wondering if anybody is getting these kind of strange images lately, or if anyone has any further information on them? I had stopped paying attention to them for a while but had some pretty odd ones again recently - it can be difficult to remember them though.

Advertisement