Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

minimal or longboard?

Options
  • 25-03-2008 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

hey, well i really want a board for those smaller days, im currenly riding a 6'0'' so does anyone think id be better off getting a minimal around 7'7'' to 8'ish or longboard, maybe 9' im only 5'6'' myself and not a strong paddler which would be easier to paddle?? price is a major factor too so i'm half leaning towards the minimal....:confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 cjs_surf

hey, well i really want a board for those smaller days, im currenly riding a 6'0'' so does anyone think id be better off getting a minimal around 7'7'' to 8'ish or longboard, maybe 9' im only 5'6'' myself and not a strong paddler which would be easier to paddle?? price is a major factor too so i'm half leaning towards the minimal....:confused:

There's a 8 ft board on buyandsell.ie for your height, (weight?) i'd go min mal or light longboard, big boards are a hassle to carry in strong winds

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I'm a heavier guy (6ft between 15-16 Stone) and I surf a 9'2" Sunride Epoxy board, I love it.

I tried a mal before (7' 10") it and just didnt take to it - probably due to my size.

The longboard can catch pretty much anything and is very easy to paddle, as you know yourself though its a bit more expensive.

As CJ's pointed out though with your height and weight (assuming your a girl too so lighter again) you'd probably be fine with the mal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 cjs_surf

c - 13 wrote: »
    I'm a heavier guy (6ft between 15-16 Stone) and I surf a 9'2" Sunride Epoxy board, I love it.

I tried a mal before (7' 10") it and just didnt take to it - probably due to my size.

The longboard can catch pretty much anything and is very easy to paddle, as you know yourself though its a bit more expensive.

As CJ's pointed out though with your height and weight (assuming your a girl too so lighter again) you'd probably be fine with the mal.

didn't look at the user name sorry I'd never ask a girls about her weight

Advertisement