Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Money!

• 25-03-2008 5:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Yes you guessed it, this is another one of them posts about budgets..... Sorry!!

So, myself and Himself are heading off RTW in June and we have a budget - a fairly tight one at that 11k for the 2 of us! Due to family difficulties we are wwwaaayyy under what we were expecting to have! So, my question is this!! We know that we want 6k between the two of us to get into Oz and get settled, which leaves 5 for 2 adults for 3 months in Asia.

Asia is taking in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam and China (south!). Is this enough?! It works out at 55eur for the 2 of us a day. We have no problem roughing it, we will stay in hostels but only doubles. Will bus it anywhere / boat it, whatever is cheapest, but we do want to see everything we possibly can given our time frame!

Are we mad?! Had we better wait a few more months and save up more (which inevitably means any other month is around €200 per person more expensive for our RTW tickets so its a catch 22!!) We dont want to cut out bits of asia cos we cant afford it, yet we are more than prepared to slum it! But yet, if something happened at home and we needed to get home ASAP - well, we probably couldnt!!

We literally only need to get to Oz, himself has a trade and guaranteed work and I have a job lined up too that will carry us over SA on the return, so Asia is the baddy!!

Thanks for all yer help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

You'll be pushing it at around 27.50 euro each a day. Parts of China, Singapore and Malaysia can be a pretty expensive. Especially Singapore. And it would really depend on what you are planning on doing every day. But Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia are places you could surive on 30 euro a day. Maybe a little less or a little more depending on what you are doing. If you relax and do pretty much nothing for 3 days of the week and the use the remaining 4 to do the tourist thing you will have more money for each of the 4 days. That's what i usually do when i'm traveling without a large budget.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement