Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos - Missing Items

Options
  • 25-03-2008 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭

I placed an order with Argos 2 months ago for 2 high sleeper beds with sofabed, see link below

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=30001&partNumber=6661917

The beds arrived 5 weeks, as did the matress, but the sofabed cushions never arrived. The delivery man told me the cushions for the sofabed were not in the load and would most likely be delivered the following day. Nothing arrived the following day so I phone Agros who told me they would arrange delivery. Waited a week without reply, then phoned again to be told the same. I've now phoned 4 times and emailed 4 times in the past 5 weeks to be told the same, they would arrange delivery.

Basically I've come to stage where I'd like to cancel the complete order as my children can't use the sofabed as there are no cushions. Where do I stand. TIA.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

They haven't provided what you paid for, so ring them one last time and tell them to collect everything and refund your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

jor el wrote: »
    They haven't provided what you paid for, so ring them one last time and tell them to collect everything and refund your money.

Thanks for your reply, heres the last email I sent earlier today.

"I have been kept waiting 5 weeks for an order fulfillment. I have
    been very patient over the past 5 weeks, I have telephoned your
    customer support numerous times and sent several emails in regards to
    my missing items.

It has now come to the stage where I just want this order cancelled
    and my full payment refunded. Could you please arrange a date for
    collection of the items which have been delivered. If I do not hear
    from your company by the end of Thursday 27th March I will be
    contacting the Consumer Association of Ireland with regards to taking
    this matter to the small claims court.

This is the worst online shopping experience I have ever had.

Yours sincerly,
    xxxxxxx xxxxxxx"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I worked for the company for 7 years and I've said it before on this forum, I would never ever encourage anyone to use Argos Direct. The OP's complaint is unfortunately a very common one. I am curious as to how they'll respond to the email, especially as you've given them a deadline. Keep us informed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

In the last reply I received they offered to refund me my shipping costs, see below, its just gotten to the stage now where I just want to cancel the complete order.

"I am very sorry after checking your order I can see that your order
    has yet to be updated and delivery arranged. I have arranged for
    this to be done and somebody should be in touch with you shortly to
    arrange delivery of these items.

As a gesture of goodwill I have arranged for your delivery charge to
    be refunded to you. Please allow 7 - 10 days for this to show on
    your account."

Advertisement