Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

METEOR MMS Settings - Will send but not receive..

• 25-03-2008 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hi,

A friend of mine has the exact same phone (w580i), also on meteor... but she doesn't receive messages direct to her phone. She gets a text from "MMS-Store" to log online to check it. It works grand for me and the settings are the same... Any ideas?

Joe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Are you saying that her phone can send picture messages but not receive them? Or that she can't send or receive?

Swap your sim cards and see if yours can send in her phone and if hers can send in yours

Meteor previously had a problem where people could send but not receive and the problem was with the users account and nothing to do with the phone. She might still be having this problem so report back what happens when you swap them sims and i'll tell you what to do next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭chat2joe

Unfortunately she's 150km away - I sent her all my MMS settings by email. She also downloaded the settings from MyMeteor.ie before that.

She can send grand now after installing the settings.

But when I send her a MMS she gets a txt message telling her to log onto the internet to view it. It's like Meteor thinks she doesn't have a MMS capable phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

No that also happens when the phone rejects the mms for whatever reason. If she can send but not receive then she's having that problem from a few months ago and no amount of changing settings will fix the problem. She needs to call meteor and explain the problem very slowly and refuse all attempts to fix her phone's settings. Only they can fix the problem. Get them to pass it up to the technical team if necessary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭niallb

You're right. Meteor simply doesn't know her phone is capable of receiving MMS,
    so they won't send it. Nothing you can do on the phone will fix it.
    Any chance she used to have an MMS working phone, and then had
    one that didn't for a while? Her number may have been "blacklisted" in some way
    by failed delivery attempts.

You used to just have to send one MMS from your number, and you'd get a
    text message saying "Welcome to MMS land" or something.
    I've had a friend stick her SIM in my phone to send an MMS just to turn
    the service on at one stage, and then she could receive them.
    Might be worth trying a swapover next time you meet.

If she rings 1905, they'll sort it out if you can explain the problem clearly.

Advertisement