Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Monkey Question

Options
  • 25-03-2008 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Was watching one of those monkey programmes on sky the other day when they were talking about how similar to humans monkeys are genetically and in bahaviour etc.

so...........

If monkeys are so similar to humans to female moneys or any animals for that matter have periods??

weird question i know but its been bugging me!!:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Was watching one of those monkey programmes on sky the other day when they were talking about how similar to humans monkeys are genetically and in bahaviour etc.

so...........

If monkeys are so similar to humans to female moneys or any animals for that matter have periods??

weird question i know but its been bugging me!!:o
    a gawd get get real im not going to answer that!!!!!

Yes Monkeys go into heat. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Bainne2

Most animals go into heat, even dogs ;) I remember having to walk around after Guiness for a week because there was new red blood stains anytime you looked :p

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

davey180 wrote: »
    a gawd get get real im not going to answer that!!!!!

there is no need to comment to say you wont answer...

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

yeh i knew animals go into heat, have experienced the random stray dogs turning up at neighbours houses for a week or so cos neighbours dogs were in heat but ive never seen an animal have a period. how often would it happen? I used to be around horses a lot as a child but would have been too young to have understood or noticed then.

Sorry if the question caused offense or was deemed stupid by some posters but it a genuine question. Ive never seen it and just wondered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Well if animals go into heat ...meaning that an egg is ready for insemination, it kind of stands to reason that said egg would have to be expelled if it doesn't get fertilised ...usually the expelling involves some form of blood or bloodlike fluid ...so yes ..all (female) mammals have "periods" ...not just "heat".

Advertisement