Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To be or not to be....??

Options
  • 25-03-2008 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Was wondering what all you other ladies thought about girls who go out on the binge drinking and their other half is sober?? to do it or not??

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

eh? i am confused :confused:

The girl gets drunk

The boy stays sober?

that's me and the OH every weekend, cos i am just a wee girl who cant hold her drink tbh :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭missingyou

yeah ive only started drinking recently so im usually really bad these days! but every time my boyfriend is drunk too... sometimes worse as well! Its just this will be the first time im drunk and he is not and im kinda worried about it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Why do you HAVE to get drunk?

naw i dont have to!! xD but i just want to drink thats all and i know after one glass ill be gone like so i just worried about my behavious tis all

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭catyb20

if you're worried about it just enjoy a couple of drinks! No need to be drunk - unless you want to be! Its rare when im in that position, my bf is always the one locked! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

one drink and im gone though!! im scared im going to be like one of those crazy drunk girls you see on the tv!! maybe i can push him into drinking large amounts too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

Try to be careful there ladies, I remember last new years my OH drank so much(I was hammered too mind you) she went missing halfway through the night when her and her friend went to find the toilets. Was never so worried in my life, thought some ****er had slipped something into her drink. Que me scouring temple bar until 3am and stopping by that copshop near trinity every 30min to see if she'd turn up. Turns out she passed out in a bathroom cubicle and found he own way home.

Moral of the story?

Drunk ladies = scary things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭sharkie2008

why would you be worried when you're with your boyfriend? i don't think you need to get him to drink, just don't have too much yourself if you are worried about it

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭catyb20

Drink lighter drinks...i.e wine spritzer....or drown a vodka in coke or something...or dink a non alco drink after each alco! The situation is easily fixed!

it was a joke, he wont be drinking cause he will be taking the car out with him... i just will watch meself and not be like that girl mentioned beforehand

• Advertisement

ah ok, know some people who are like that and feel uncomfortable drinking when others are sober haha

naw naw i wouldnt force him into it at all!! lol thanks for all your advice yall!! :) much appreciated! just afraid to turning into my friends who sit for hours crying to their boyfriends lol

i wouldn't worry about it, we all do it at some point haha. seriously though just go out and enjoy your night, if i don't want to get too drunk i alternate between alcoholic and soft drinks

yeah i think i might be worried about nothing! ill take your advice and hopefully it will work :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

It usually happens that one of us is home looking after the kids while the other is out with friends, so we both experience being sober while the other is drunk - but not out at night with them...

I think my husband find me quite amusing when I'm drunk tho I'm not sure he'd appreciate watching me getting there, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

My boyfriend doesnt drink at all ... I DO :D
    Never been a problem when we were out i just go giddy anyway ,,,
    Ha i remember the days that one drink got me drunk lol those were certainly the days ... have fun missingyou

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

She Devil wrote: »
    My boyfriend doesnt drink at all ... I DO :D
    Never been a problem when we were out i just go giddy anyway ,,,
    Ha i remember the days that one drink got me drunk lol those were certainly the days ... have fun missingyou

+1 same here

I usually end up being giddy and stupid drunk! He has a great time telling me all my antics in the morning!!

Once your comfortable with your boyfriend and trust he won't let you make a fool of yourself - go for it. I believe these sober men need entertainment! ha

yeah, i think he is quite looking forward to taking the complete and utter p*** outta me xD hopefully not though....

we were suppose to go out tonight and all but we both lying in bed dying of the cold!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Clare Bear wrote: »

sanity reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

My bf is my favourite person to get drunk with. No matter how tipsy (read: hammered) you are he'll make sure you get home and put you to bed! Also when you're both drunk and you get home to bed it's hilarious too. Drunken fumblings and deep meaningful conversations about life that neither of you can remember in the morning. Awesome!

Before, someone gets on their high horse about binge drinking, I don't do it very often and it makes me happy. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Myself and the Oh would usually drink the same copious amounts and both get plastered

I am off the drink for the next year or so. So I will be the sober one in the relationship now:(.

apparently im 'cute' when drunk, so he doesnt mind when i am and he's not... though never on nights out, cos we dont actually go out... but mostly i love drinking with him, i love those conversations that we get into about life and ****, and he buried around 5 friends in the space of a year a coupla years ago, and likes to reminisce teh good times and stuff, lil depressing in its own way, but it's awesome to hear him talk about the stuff he loves, he's usually too jokey to do it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

missingyou wrote: »
    naw i dont have to!! xD but i just want to drink thats all and i know after one glass ill be gone like so i just worried about my behavious tis all
    Well, sip one glass, and keep it at that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

Clare Bear wrote: »

I'm so with you!! What IS the point? Peer pressure? Everybody is doing it?

Look after your liver and brain cells! You might need em one day :D

peer pressure? ha, lol, not a chance. cos a lot of people, believe it or not, actually *like* the feeling of being drunk. it's nice to just let go, and it's nothing to do with what other people are doing, it's just about me wehn i do it. i love to get drunk, one of my favourite things in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

I think its too socially acceptable to be drunk in Ireland. In other European countries, people are not applauded for getting drunk, its a sign of a lack of control... I drink so I am not coming from a high moral ground here but I do think drinking to get drunk is silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

I hate the term Binge Drinking!!!
    Right so u work all week and then at the weekend wanna go out and get drunk, so what??? Is it more than five and u r classed a binge drinker??
    But if you have a glass or two of wine seven nights a week, thats ok??
    Well i think that is a form of alcoholism!!

Anyway, its ok to get drunk, and especially if your boyfriends looking after you, if he doesnt mind, but dont go too mad.

SarahSassy wrote: »
    I think its too socially acceptable to be drunk in Ireland. In other European countries, people are not applauded for getting drunk, its a sign of a lack of control... I drink so I am not coming from a high moral ground here but I do think drinking to get drunk is silly.

so we should just drink to... be overcharged for a refreshing beverage? enjoy the taste (though i do quite enjoy the smell and taste of my drink of preference, but that is almost entirely due to the association of impending drunkeness)...

getting so drunk you have absolutely no clue where you are, or that you have big mood swings, or get aggressive, or constantly do stupid **** (everyone's allowed a mistake or a bad night, it's when it's happening every time you need to not drink).... then drinking to get drunk is stupid.

otherwise, it's fun, it's relaxing, it's just plain nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

getting so drunk you have absolutely no clue where you are, or that you have big mood swings, or get aggressive, or constantly do stupid **** (everyone's allowed a mistake or a bad night, it's when it's happening every time you need to not drink).... then drinking to get drunk is stupid..

This I agree with.... I know a lot of people who just drink for the sake of it, to go out and be social and to get drunk. They dont even particularily like the drink they are drinking but do so anyway. If you like the drink (I love wine) then drink it but there is no point (in my book) shoving a fat frog down your gob just to get drunk cos you can handle a social coversation without a drink.

• Advertisement

easy for you to say that other people can handle social conversations minus the drinks. i hate meeting new people, i hate getting into conversations with people i dont know quite well unless im drunk. it's about the only way i can handle it without breaking into a sweat, feeling physically nauseous and, with my job, i have to meet new people basically every week, if not every day, and i spend every night ebfore going to a new centre feeling sick, breaking into those sweats and unable to sleep. but with a coupla drinks on me... im so so so much happier meeting people. people drink for different reasons. people have differnet likes, dislikes, and personalities that go with all that. me,t he way i am, i love drinking, cos so often i am so nervous, so self conscious, so phobic about new social situations, that the drink just gives me that release, just that little inhibition that i need. yes, issues that can be worked on without the drink, and im working on it. but i think it's fair to say, that, for the most part, im a good drunk. im generally quite cheerful, bouncy, quite hyper actually, when im out drinking,a nd when im in drinking, im usually just chatty and chilled. a bit of a stereo nazi, but some things just cant be helped.

i hate the 'dont drink to get drunk' thing. it's bull****. i love drinking and getting drunk,a nd i dont think im any the worse for it. when it gets, or i get out of control, that's fair enough, but it very veyr rarely happens.

Advertisement