Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To be or not to be....??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

easy for you to say that other people can handle social conversations minus the drinks.

No its not. I suffered from crippling shyness and also used to drink in social occasions to handle it but its only putting a plaster on the injury, its not healing it... You are still not learning how to talk to new people so its aviious circle as such....

I am not criticising you Crumble Froo, I know where you are coming from and I am merely commenting that getting drunk for the sake of it (or to handle awkward social occasions) is not something I think is a great idea in the long run. Maybe you can handle it but for every 1 of you there are 10 who cant and Irish society makes it too acceptable to be drunk and out of control / not responsible for your actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I don't approve of binge drinking full stop. I won't drink if the person I'm with is driving and not drinking that night. I think it would be weird getting a bit drunk if the other person is sober, it's also not fair on them.

My boyfriend would never come on a night out to a club, that's for girls! :rolleyes: Clubbing would be when I would drink most, but still only get tipsy. I drink at home, and one top up drink in the club so I know I'll be relatively sober at the end and can get home safely. My boyf doesn't worry about me getting really drunk and messy when I'm out.

If I drink with the fella, I have a few cocktails, he has a few beers. Or split a bottle of wine. That's it. If I call up to him after a night out and am a bit giggly and feeling nicely "in the mood", he's a happy boy. He teases me the next day though...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

fair nuff, ss... i still say drinking for teh sake of the feeling of being drunk is great... even when im just sitting in listening to music and cahtting online, i love it. ha, used to frequently get drunk and chat with my b/f on msn, and there was only ever one of us drunk at a time, cos of the time difference... quite funny really.

i just picked up on teh social situation thing as it is so prominent with me, but yep, i do love just drinking for the sake of getting drunk. i love to be out of it... just lie back and watch the world happen around me, and get absorbed in some music, and to just chill, and hang with mates. usually, when i got drunk back home, it was sitting in my beanbag, with about 3-5 good friends in teh room, and we'd watch some dvds, chat, and listen to music, and it was just perfect. couldnt be happier. i'd stay up till the sun got up, and fall into bed... or just pull my blanky over me in the beanbag... and sleep the lovely lovely sleep of sweet drunken unconsciousness. pure bliss.

Advertisement