Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New azureus update; NAT error...

Options
  • 25-03-2008 6:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭

Oh no, not another NAT error thread.
    Well I've managed to solve most NAT errors I've ran into using az over the years...but the latest update 3.0.5.0 installed last week and ever since I have a constant NAT error despite double checking everything on the router, ports opened/forwarded, services and firewall rules allowed, re-booting the router, checking and unchecking UPnP plug in, re-starting Az...nothing helps.
    Uusally when Az launches, a pop up window will appear to tell me that incoming and outgoing ports have been successfully mapped...I'm not getting these at all now.
    Anyone got any further suggestions (except for utorrent)? Could this be a java problem? Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Well the obvious answer would be to try utorrent to make sure its not your internet connection blocking or throttling the traffic. You'd then be sure that its an application issue rather than a network one.

Have you tried multiple torrents on multiple trackers, to see if its an issue there, or is it with all torrents on all trackers?.

Worst case scenario, try roll back to an older version of azureus, and see if that fixes it or see if there's an even newer version of azureus available that might fix the "bug" you're seeing. Also maybe try updating java to the most up to date version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Yeah I'm thinking of rolling back, pretty sure I hvae the latest build and it's updates. It's all torrents on any given tracker, not just one. I'm getting decent traffic up and down but incoming requests for packets are n ot getting through so my overall downtream speed is not what it should be (even though I'm uploading at or near my max allowed limit.
    I've tried switching the listening ports to make sure it's not ISP blocking, but none are mapped by Az as they usually are. Will try utorrent later but I'm fairly sure it's an issue with Az itself.
    It's perplexing. I'm going to try updating java too since a pop up has been telling me to for a few days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Latest version of java has sorted this. Thanks for the help.

Advertisement