Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

whats the highest youve ever paid/been quoted for for insurance?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Highest i was ever quoted was AXA £4000 punt on a 1992 Nissan mica 1.0

Just after i got my full licence thinking my insurance would go down from £2,200 punt.

needless to say i didn't go with axa that year:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

1300 on a 1.4 ashtray worth 200 bucks as a named driver!! had a small arguement with a wall 3months later and got insured on a 1.6i Vecta for 50 bucks extra.... great success!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭thesoulfulldude

mmmmm 8000 for insurance? i dont really beleive some of them.

i was quoted 3500 for a toyota levin 19 with full licence

payed 2200 for a 1.4 golf with provisional

now 1700 with full licence (quinn)

cant get insurance on a s15 till im 21 apperntly so just saving untill then :rolleyes:

mmmmm 8000 for insurance? i dont really beleive some of them.

i was quoted 3500 for a toyota levin 19 with full licence

payed 2200 for a 1.4 golf with provisional

now 1700 with full licence (quinn)

cant get insurance on a s15 till im 21 apperntly so just saving untill then :rolleyes:

Speaking of levins one of my buddies (19 full licence) bought a levin lately 170 odd..ish bhp quinn offered to swop his insurance from a 1.9tdi golf van (ball of ****) at no extra cost!

Speaking of levins one of my buddies (19 full licence) bought a levin lately 170 odd..ish bhp quinn offered to swop his insurance from a 1.9tdi golf van (ball of ****) at no extra cost!

yeah? but how much is it?? :eek:

• Advertisement

1,400 and something

thats pretty ****ing amazing, they wouldnt have any of it when i said i changed my car to a levin:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭davedrave

quoted 1588 on a suzuki swift 993cc, drivers permit, 18years old, and thats with a 25 percent discount from the company

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I know its not a car, but i got quoted 3700eu for a 125 honda NSR back in 2002, that was after i had a years insurance that cost just 800eu,i didnt take them up on their kind offer!:D

Hah i got quoted 3000K for an Nsr 50!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭ExoduS 18.11

2200 merc a-class, 19 near 2nd provo. Apparently a mivec colt would be 2244 ? But i dont think they understand what mivec means as they keep just refferring to it as a colt mirage..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

First year with provisional licence on Rover 1.4 was 2800 with Axa, then after 6 months got pink licence and after got 1 year bonus, insurance fell on 1900K ish euro, and now after 2 years bonus insurance fell on 1490K and that s with Axa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

i'm 19 with a full licence for 1 year and 1 years NCB, and quinn will quote me on any car i like, seems like the highes i can get quoted is about 6000 for a porsche 911 GT3:p

civic type r's are the same price to insure as sir civics, and integras are reasonable money aswel

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

thats causes they know youll pay it:P

moral of the story is if you want a quote bad enough
    youll get it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Got qouted on pug 406 1.8 for 3800eu with quin, then axe insured same car for 1900eu. First time insurance 21 years, full european driving license.

Now MB Clk 200. paying 1200eu wit misses as name driver.

Knowing that in mine country i was paying for Opel calibra red top 50eu per year insurance :D . i was 19 :D

woop wrote: »
    thats causes they know youll pay it:P

moral of the story is if you want a quote bad enough
    youll get it

haha, ya know me too well:p

if i had the money to buy an r34 GT-R vspec skyline i would happily pay 4800 a year to insure it

I thought that you have to be at least 25 years of age and have full no claim bonus to be able to insure skyline.??:confused:

Bobo78 wrote: »
    I thought that you have to be at least 25 years of age and have full no claim bonus to be able to insure skyline.??:confused:

i can get online quotes on them, all i need to do is click amend policy and it takes the extra money out of my account and sends me the cert...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

recently got qouted 2150 on prov for a chiq-a-chento... 1500 for a focus/xzara vtr van... Ahh i always wanted a commie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

p-nut wrote: »
    i can get online quotes on them, all i need to do is click amend policy and it takes the extra money out of my account and sends me the cert...

who are you with?

What company do you get that with?

• Advertisement

quinn direct, and i know ya might think i'm bullsh*tting yas, but i'm not, and i know of at least 2 other lads my age that can get quotes on any car online aswel;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

quinn direct, and i know ya might think i'm bullsh*tting yas, but i'm not, and i know of at least 2 other lads my age that can get quotes on any car online aswel;)

well..even through amending my quote it doesn't work, just says it can't give me a quote.

20, Full License, 1yearsNCB..

doesn't make any sense really!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

ClioV6 wrote: »
    well..even through amending my quote it doesn't work, just says it can't give me a quote.

20, Full License, 1yearsNCB..

doesn't make any sense really!

ah but what have you driven up until now?

hes had a few cars that were of the same insurance group as above mentioned or high group anyway
    might be why theyll quote him

yeah i honestly dont know how i can amend my policy online to get quotes on anything?? i used to not be able to and 2 of my mates were and it drove me mad, but i paid my renewal up front and a week or so later i could get quotes on anything. and as woop said, i've had a glanza turbo and a saxo vts before i got my 106 gti, all which have a similar insurance group. maybe thats why i can do it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭miss enzo

not much i paid 1300 on a 1.3 corolla when i was 20 with a full licence for 2 yrs (i think) and no NCB.

joys of bein a girl eh!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

€1900 for a 1.4 almera. 17 years old and learner permit lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

i got qouted 7000 for a 1'4 focus when i was 17 but the highest i paid was 3800 on a 1'4 focus when i was 18 with quinn

Advertisement