Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

automatic transmission trouble

Options
  • 25-03-2008 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭

hi there
    im just after buying a toyota landcruiser automatic

as usual , there is always a few teething problems when you get a new bus
    today i was doing a bit of toeing and i decided to shift the small gear stick into the diff lock possition, as soon as i did i found i couldnt move the select gear out of PARK and into DRIVE or even REVERSE

so i did what we all do last , i took out the manual , on page 545 it said that if this happends , you have to press the SHIFT LOCK button ( which is beside the select gear ) down while moving the select gear to DRIVE or REVERSE , theese instructions were in the chapter (EMERGENCYS ONLY) and below the instructions it said , consult dealer ) , this procedure worked but every time ive attempted to put the select gear into DRIVE since , ive had to repeat this process

it seems a bit extreme to have to bring the jeep to the garrage for something as simple as this and i as i said there is always teething problems at the start, it is however still under warrant so perhaps i should book her in

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

have you disengaged the centre diff, is the orange light still on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

colm_mcm wrote: »
    have you disengaged the centre diff, is the orange light still on?

i have shifted the small gear stick back and forth a few times but i still have to push down the SHIFT LOCK button in order to move the select gear
    no diff light on

by the way , its not brand new , its 2 yrs old so this is the final yr of warranty
    bought it privatley

Advertisement