Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift for a new mother

Options
  • 25-03-2008 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hey folks, my sister is about to have her first baby and I'm lost for ideas on what to get her. As she is my only sister I want to get her something really nice. She has already bought most of the baby stuff she will need. Any suggestions on a great gift? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭MLE

Maybe a voucher for a day at a spa with you. It may be a while before she can use it though, particularily if she is feeding the child herself. But I think its a nice gift for a woman in that situation as its a chance in the future for her to be pampered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

MLE wrote: »
    Maybe a voucher for a day at a spa with you. It may be a while before she can use it though, particularily if she is feeding the child herself. But I think its a nice gift for a woman in that situation as its a chance in the future for her to be pampered.

This would be a great idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I know what I would have loved - a night in a hotel - ALONE!

After two or three months, a night of uninterrupted sleep, without feeling guilty would have been heaven! So how about a Voucher for a night in nice local hotel and that you will babysit for the full night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

MLE wrote: »

I received this after my daughter was born and it was the best present ever.
    Total relaxation + stayed over in the hotel so had a FULL nites sleep..

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭dewsbury

Cook her favourite dinner(s) and deliver it to her ready-to-eat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

If money isn't an issue how about a camera or camcorder?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭cowsfriend

thanks for the suggestions guys, I had been looking at spa days as a possible idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

You should also do as Dewsbury suggested. A spa weekend is a great treat, but calling round with a cooked dinner, and holding/feeding/changing the baby while your sister eats would be appreciated a lot more in the early weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

Dont want to sound really stupid, but dont forget to include the Dad in the night at the hotel.

My wife really appreciated me taking her to the mountains for dinner and a night at the hotel with the kids having a sleepover at friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭bored and tired

on the baby channel they had a woman on who makes nappy cakes, naff sounding i know, but it was basically a parcell layered to look like a tiered cake, with nappies, clothes, toileteries, anything you want to put in, if you were handy enough at wrapping you could make it up yourself.

i got a present of ious for baby sitting services it was a great present,

plus arriving unexpectedly to do the hoovering, send your sis into the tub or to bed for an hour are great surprises.

• Advertisement
Advertisement