Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contaminated oil delivery in Navan

Options
  • 25-03-2008 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Did any one else get a bad delivery of oil in Navan back in feb 20thish? I have gone thru 5 pumps since I got the delivery and when I checked the tank, there was water at the bottom of the oil supply. I wont mention the company for obvious reasons but am still curious to know if other people have had a similar experience. Can I get a refil for free from them? Will they empty the existing tank, or is that for me to do? What are my options?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

I would expect the company to refill my tank and compensate for any work carried out or replaced parts on your system due to bad oil, You paid for the goods and the service which was not of acceptabe standards and you would be legaly entitled to this under "the supply of goods and services act 1980" (good owl business class:p)Ring them, see what they have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Could it not be a case that your tank might have a leak somewhere allowing rain to get in, was the tank cap off for a while/or kids messing with it?

Why i ask is cause one of our neighbours had the same problem, and thought it was due to a "watery delivery" but it turned out the kids sprayed the garden hose into the tank!

The chances of a reputable oil company delivering a contaminated delivery of oil is highly unlikely due to the oil depots having systems in place to prevent this, unless it was one of the good ould' boys delivering to you in an old '88 oil truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Hi

I work in the oil business in Meath and can assure you that its not water in the oil from your supplier (unless they are absolute joke merchants)

The qualities of fuel being moved at this time of year mean rainwater etc soaking in are even less likely than the .001% chance of it happening in the quiet months. twice daily fuel dips, electronic tank probes that constantly measure ullage, temperature and have the capability of detecting water in a tank mean its virtually impossible.

You'll find the problem is your tank.

Advertisement