Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best world eleven

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

JimiTime wrote: »
    Glad to amuse. You have Ramos, Alves, Bufon, Benzema in ur team. I could have added these, but I haven't seen enough of them, so i went with what i know. Had a feeling someone would object to their inclusion, but I'd say half the folk here are going on reputation rather than actuially witnessing their consistent greatness. I think Richards is young, quick, a great reader of the game and a future great. Petrov would be great to have on the bench to inject real pace down the flank, especially when the right back has been dealing with Messi and Ronaldo for 60 mins. I'm sure there are better options, but I'm not just picking someone based on the words that are written about them. I personally think Gerrard is highly overated, and his talent vastly exagerated, however I'd pick him based on common opinion if I was that way inclined.

Personally i'd rather have Ronaldihno coming off the bench instead of Petrov, but thats just me.

I do agree that some people get in on reputation but i think in the last couple of years Gerrard has been one of the best MF's in the world so i would definately pick him. Don't think Richards is there yet. I think he will be awesome in a few years though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

ibh wrote: »
    Personally i'd rather have Ronaldihno coming off the bench instead of Petrov, but thats just me.

I do agree that some people get in on reputation but i think in the last couple of years Gerrard has been one of the best MF's in the world so i would definately pick him. Don't think Richards is there yet. I think he will be awesome in a few years though.

As I said, the likes of Benzema etc would likely be better optiopns, but I'd be just including them based on hype. Ronaldinho has been fairly poor in the games I've seen him in this season, but even so, would probably still be a better option than Petrov, I take that point. I still think Petrov is a great winger though, and I'd still probably go for him in the squad. Obviously two different types of player. Ronaldinho in his prime would be the first name on the sheet tbh, but his attitude seems to have really impacted his game. With Messi, Kaka and ronaldo that flair is taken care of. Petrov would just blister down the touchline, and guarantee you some dangerous crosses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

1. Coupet

2. Ramos
    3. Evra

5. Toure
    6. Carvalho

4. Gerrard
    8. Kaka
    7. Messi

9. Benzema
    10. Rooney
    11. Torres

Bench; Cech, Maldini, Ballack, Ronaldinho, C, Ronaldo.

Manager : Trappatoni :-p

Stadia: La Bombonera
    133880439_802aac7880.jpg

feel free to criticise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Alot of people picking has bins piss poor and out of form players - Abidal, Toure, Totti, Ibrahimovic etc...

Ronaldo, Gerrard and Ferdinand have to be there. Having excellent seasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

horsebokks wrote: »
    1. CECH
    2. ALVES
    3.EVRA
    4.TERRY
    5. K TOURE
    6.ESSIEN
    7.CRONALDO
    8.GERRARD
    9.TORRES
    10.TEVEZ
    11.MESSI

12.FLABBYASS
    13.KAKA
    14.HENRY
    15. CARRAGHER(mr. versatile)

manager - RODDY COLLINS ( HOPEFULLY EVEN SHODDY WONT MAKE A BALLS OF IT)
    stadium -home leg kilcohan park -away leg glenmalure
    Are you racing that team around a greyhound track?

Who do you think would win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Trilla wrote: »
    Alot of people picking has bins piss poor and out of form players - Abidal, Toure, Totti, Ibrahimovic etc...

Ferdinand isn't in mine cause i'm not basing it on 1 season. Terry, Carvalho, Nesta have imo been better over the past 3 to 4 seasons.

Also, how are Totti and Zlatan 'out of form'? The two best players in their respective teams by miles. And both of them banging in goals, playing regularly and making a major contribution to the whole team.

And I didn't even pick them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Totti got 26 goals in 35 games in Serie A last season, and I believe he was also the European golden boot winner. He's averaging more than one in every two games this season, which is nothing to be sniffed at, especially in Serie A. He's Roma's captain, he's a great free kick taker and I can't think of any players in his position that are better than him.

Players in the Italian league arent hyped up to such a huge extent like Premiership/La Liga players. I wonder if that's something to do with Sky owning the rights to the latter two, but not the Italian league...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Hahahaha. Seriously, HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Totti having a piss poor season. Tell me do you watching any football other than the prem and do you listen to anyone else other than who sky tell you to?

Why does Gerrard have to be there? Have a good season yes but still wouldn't be in my top midfield in the premiership.

Personally I can't believe more havent put in Xavi or Inniesta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Casillas

alves ferdinand carvalho evra

ronaldo essien kaka messi

torres berbatov

subs: iniesta ronaldinho gerrard

manager: fergie

Stadium: Celtic Park (on atmosphere alone)

essien being defensive and kaka attacking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

lololololol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

iregk wrote: »
    Hahahaha. Seriously, HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Totti having a piss poor season. Tell me do you watching any football other than the prem and do you listen to anyone else other than who sky tell you to?

Why does Gerrard have to be there? Have a good season yes but still wouldn't be in my top midfield in the premiership.

Personally I can't believe more havent put in Xavi
    or Inniesta.

It's ok, I made up for them. He's in my team 10 times :D

Apols lads I was mixing up Totti and Toni, for the life of me I dont know how. I rate Totti highly, he's a handful in the awkward role he plays in the Roma formation. But Ibrahimovic ahead of Torres, Drogba, Tevez, Berba, Benzema, Robbie Keane even (oaky cheeky I know but going on this year yep for sure)!? Trezeguet is having a great season also, and if Torres is to play I'd rater have Kaka or Rooney behind him. Ibrahimovic - he's overhyped. He gave next to nothing against Liverpool. Hes scored only 7 goals from open play this year (8 pens) and Inter are top of the league. Not exactly fantastic. Overratted completely. He's not a poor player dont get me wrong, I just don't get the hype. Looks great on youtube yeah but not for me. I'll stick to Kaka and Torres...
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    lololololol
    Not that funny come on lets be fair, I think Ferdinand is having a great season, and wasnt exactly poor in his previous 2 either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

GK: Iker Casillas
    RB: Sergio Ramos
    CB: Nemanja Vidic
    CB: Ricardo Carvalho
    LB: Philipp Lahm
    RM: Cristiano Ronaldo
    CM: Cesc Fabregas
    CM: Kaka
    LM: Andrea Pirlo
    FW: Fernando Torres
    FW: Lionel Messi
    Subs: Gigi Buffon, Fabio Cannavaro, Steven Gerrard, Lucho Gonzalez, Thierry Henry

Manager: David Moyes
    Stadium: Camp Nou

That's my opinion so please don't call me an idiot if you happen to disagree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Apols lads I was mixing up Totti and Toni, for the life of me I dont know how. I rate Totti highly, he's a handful in the awkward role he plays in the Roma formation. But Ibrahimovic ahead of Torres, Drogba, Tevez, Berba, Benzema, Robbie Keane even (oaky cheeky I know but going on this year yep for sure)!? Trezeguet is having a great season also, and if Torres is to play I'd rater have Kaka or Rooney behind him. Ibrahimovic - he's overhyped. He gave next to nothing against Liverpool. Hes scored only 7 goals from open play this year (8 pens) and Inter are top of the league. Not exactly fantastic. Overratted completely. He's not a poor player dont get me wrong, I just don't get the hype. Looks great on youtube yeah but not for me. I'll stick to Kaka and Torres...

Not that funny come on lets be fair, I think Ferdinand is having a great season, and wasnt exactly poor in his previous 2 either.

Well if you mixed up Totti and Toni I guess it isn't. Totti is a legend.

Come on, Ibrahimavic didn't put the ball in the net against Liverpool but he was a right handful. His movement; touch and physicallity are awesome. Again, we are talking about the last few years and this is his worst season in three.

Ferdinand is markedly better this year than he has been the past two years. Plus there are still crunch ties in the league and champions league remaining so we'll see. Surely Nesta, Terry, Cannavarro (this is worst season in years), Puyol and (gasp) Vidic get in before him!!??

• Advertisement

GK: Iker Casillas
    RB: Sergio Ramos
    CB: Nemanja Vidic
    CB: Ricardo Carvalho
    LB: Philipp Lahm
    RM: Cristiano Ronaldo
    CM: Cesc Fabregas
    CM: Kaka
    LM: Andrea Pirlo
    FW: Fernando Torres
    FW: Lionel Messi
    Subs: Gigi Buffon, Fabio Cannavaro, Steven Gerrard, Lucho Gonzalez, Thierry Henry

Manager: David Moyes
    Stadium: Camp Nou

That's my opinion so please don't call me an idiot if you happen to disagree.

Far from it, its a fine team. I havent seen much of Lahm since the WC to justify him in my own team but he has quality. Pirol out left? Id maybe fit Gerrard in there.

BTW TRILLA, Luca Toni has 16 goals in 23 games for Bayern, so you seem to be talking brown once more.

ARMOR87 - Toni na, nowhere near anyones team here so far. Infact, very few players in German league at all. I could list at least 15 strikers streets ahead.
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    but he was a right handful. His movement; touch and physicallity

Really!I just going to have to agree to disagree with you there on that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Isnt Lahm Bayerns 3 choice full back? I havent watched Bundesliga action in so long so Im not quite sure.

eZe^ wrote: »
    Isnt Lahm Bayerns 3 choice full back? I havent watched Bundesliga action in so long so Im not quite sure.

Afaik he was benched in a few Uefa games... cant read into that much though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

GK-buffon

RB-richards
    CB-ferdinand
    CB-carvalho
    LB-evra

RM-ronaldo
    DM-machcarano
    AM-gerrard
    LM-messi

ST-torres
    ST-RVN

subs-vidic, fagregas, kaka

manager-guus hiddink

stadium-Anfield

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Apols lads I was mixing up Totti and Toni

and if u are ur still wrong. toni has been worth his weight in gold this season for bayern. been banging them in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Cech
    -Lahm----Rio----Nesta---Evra
    -Ronaldo--Masch--Xavi---Messi
    RVN
    Torres

Subs: Vidic, Fabregas Aguero
    Manager: Sir Alex Ferguson
    Stadium: Croke Park

id prefer to be able to field a formation of, i guss its pretty much 442 actually

Cech
    Lahm
    Rio
    Nesta
    Evra

Mascherano

Xavi
    Messi
    Ronaldo
    RVN
    Torres

Subs: Vidic, Fabregas, Aguero

Jazzy wrote: »
    and if u are ur still wrong. toni has been worth his weight in gold this season for bayern. been banging them in

put him in your team ahead of 15/20 better strikers then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Trilla, I dont think people are saying he warrants a place in the world 11, I think we are taking issue with your claim that he is rubbish!

While he may not be the worlds best he is on cracking form this season for bayern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Hmmm, changed my mind a little! My best 11 would be:

Casillas

Ramos---Ferdinand---Vidic---Evra

Essien

Fabregas----Iniesta

---Messi
    Ronaldo

RVN

Bench:
    Buffon
    Lahm
    Carvalho
    Xavi
    Kaka
    Robinho
    Drogba

Stadium: Westfalenstadion

An Citeog wrote: »
    Hmmm, changed my mind a little! My best 11 would be:

Casillas

Ramos---Ferdinand---Vidic---Evra

Essien

Fabregas----Iniesta

---Messi
    Ronaldo

RVN

Bench:
    Buffon
    Lahm
    Carvalho
    Xavi
    Kaka
    Robinho
    Drogba

Stadium: Westfalenstadion

No Torres???????? Personal taste i suppose but he's been on fire this year

iregk wrote: »
    Trilla, I dont think people are saying he warrants a place in the world 11, I think we are taking issue with your claim that he is rubbish!.

Yeah i know, im overdoing it and havin a laugh but I've never liked him since the WC...big awkward fcuker but I'll havta admit his record of the years speaks for itself. He's no Totti though! Still think Abidal and Ibrahimovic are overhyped, and Toure has been poor this season.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Eboue?

No Torres???????? Personal taste i suppose but he's been on fire this year

I actually had him in my first team (4-4-2) but I think RVN and Drogba are better suited to playing the lone striker role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭weemcd

there one of these every week isnt there!

Id probably have:

Casillas
    lb- evra
    cb- vidic
    cb- nesta
    rb- zanetti

dmc - cambiasso
    mc - xavi
    amr - c. ronaldo
    aml - robiniho

cf - RVN
    cf - Ibra

Manager - Capello
    Stadium - San Siro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Here you go:

Van Der Sar
    Brown-Ferdinand-Vidic-Evra
    Carrick-Scholes
    Ronaldo-Anderson-Giggs
    Rooney

ok only joking.... here you go

Buffon
    Alves-Ferdinand-Cannavaro-Evra
    Gattuso-Xavi
    Ronaldo-Requelme-Messi
    Torres

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

An Citeog wrote: »
    I actually had him in my first team (4-4-2) but I think RVN and Drogba are better suited to playing the lone striker role.

oh like the roll torres has been playing so well this season;)

redzerdrog wrote: »
    oh like the roll torres has been playing so well this season;)

Meh, I still think Drogba and RVN are better at it.:p You could easily argue the point about Adebayor, Torres, Eto'o, Luis Fabiano, Ibrahimovich, none of whom are even on the bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭cm2000

Gk- Casillias
    Lb- Abidal
    Rb- Zanetti
    Cb- Nesta
    Cb- Ferdiand
    Lw- Messi
    Rw- Ronaldo
    Cm(deep)- Pirlo
    Cm(attacking)- Iniesta
    St- Torres
    St- Ronaldinho

Bench.
    Buffon
    Fabregas
    Kaka

Manager Sir alex
    Stadium Allianz Arena

I made my favourite 11 and then second favourite 11 today for the laugh, and I think they both gelled together well there's almost no difference between the sides.

Casillas

Sagna
    Ferdinand
    Vidic
    Clichy

Mascherano

---Messi
    Fabregas
    Ronaldo---

Etoo----Fabiano

Buffon

---Alves
    Gallas
    Carvalho---Evra

De Rossi

Essien
    Iniesta

Kaka

Torres
    Totti

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Buffon
    Ramos
    Rio----Vidic---Evra
    Essien

Fabregas----Iniesta----
    -Ronaldo
    Messi
    Torres

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

'Keeper; Buffon

Fullback; Evra
    Fullback; Oddo
    Centre back; Ramos
    Centre back; Nesta

Defensive Mid; Essien
    Defensive Mid; Fabregas

Forward; Kaka
    Forward; Messi
    Forward; C. Ronaldo

Striker; Ibrahimovic

4-2-3-1, barce-style tatic with the 3 behind the striker switching a lot.

Subs; Casillas, Carvalho, Vidic, Zambrotta, Xavi, Totti, Amauri.
    Manager; Jose Murinho
    Stadium; San Siro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

weemcd wrote: »
    cf - Ibra
    Seaneh wrote: »
    Striker; Ibrahimovic

Really ?

Ibra - 32 apperances - 20 goals (8 penos)

Torres- 42 apperances - 30 goals (0 penos)

Ibra has only scored 12 goals from open play from 32 games. The vast majority of which have been starts. This is in a team that is walking away with the Italian league. So in 10 extra games, Torres has scored 18 more goals from open play. I know penos count but you really want your striker to be scoring from open play as well.

I think he is amazingly overrated. Great player and scores some class goals but nowhere near best world 11 material. I just used Torres as an example by the way.

My team -

Casillas

Alves
    Ferdinand
    Ramos
    Evra

Mascherano

---Messi
    Kaka
    Ronaldo---

Etoo----Torres

Subs:
    Buffon
    RVN
    Essien
    Fabregas
    Gerrard
    Vidic
    Clichy

Would have someone else instead of Clichy, just cant think at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Ibra is, IMHO, peerless, nobody else plays like him, no other striker in the game brings his team mates into attack as well or creates space for others as well.

Torress is grand, yeah, fantastic even, but Ibra is just insanely gifted.

Ibra is, IMHO, peerless, nobody else plays like him, no other striker in the game brings his team mates into attack as well or creates space for others as well.

I'm a big fan of Ibrahimovic but I wouldn't have him ahead of Eto'o, Torres, RVN and Drogba (last season). He's like a better version of Berbatov imho.

• Advertisement

Ibrahimovic has got 8 assists, Torres has 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

bringing your team mates in isn't about assists.

Personally for me, Eto is by some distance the best striker in the world. The 4 best players in the world are Messi Kaka Ronaldo and Eto. If he was called Etoildinho he would be World Player of the Year at least twice by now.

PHB wrote: »
    The 4 best attacking players in the world are Messi Kaka Ronaldo and Eto. .

fixed*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

GK: Cassilas

DR: Zanetti
    DC: Ferdinand
    DC: Nesta
    DL: Evra

MR: Ronaldo
    ML: Messi
    MC: Kaka
    MC: Gerrard

FC: Rooney
    FC: Torres

Subs:
    Ronaldinho
    Fabregas
    Vidic

Stadium: Şükrü Saracoğlu Stadyumu (Fenerbahce)
    Manager: Alex Ferguson

GK: Casillas

RB: Ramos
    LB: Evra
    CB: Rio
    CB: Vidic

RM: C Ronaldo
    LM: Messi
    CM: Xavi
    CM: Essien

SS: Eto'o
    SS: Drogba

Subs: van der Saar, Cannavaro, Fabregas, Torres

Stadium: Old Trafford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

...........................Casillas......................

D.Alves.............Nesta..........Vidic............Evra

..............................Xavi...........................

..............Iniesta....................Fabregas.........

............................Riquelme.......................

.................Benzema..................Torres.........

Manager: Lippi
    Stadium: Maracanã
    Subs:

Messi
    Kaka
    J.Navas
    Fabiano
    Scholes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

My Serie A knowledge is scratchy at best so won't have many of their players

Casillas

Sagna
    Ferdinand
    Vidic
    Evra

Ronaldo
    Mascherano
    Kaka
    Messi

Eto'o
    Torres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

Cech

Alves----Carragher
    Ferdinand----evra

Mascherano
    Gerrard

Kaka

Ronaldo
    Messi

Torres

Manager-were going for the champions league-Benitez
    Stadium-Croke Park
    subs

Rooney
    Terry
    Fabregas

I reckon this team wold run amuck.

there is so many premier league players as I regard it as the best league and any player that can play in the premier league,would easily adapt to other leagues,the same cant be said for other way around.Xavi etc will be no good in my team

tdv wrote: »

............................Riquelme.......................

Good call my friend, on his day Riquelme is the BEST player in the entire WORLD, sometimes he's just absolutely untouchable. Anybody disagree's and I will fight them. :D

If only he didnt lack consistency, and didnt end up wasting his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

E. Van Der Sar

D. Alves
    R. Ferdinand
    R. Carvalho
    P. Evra

L. Messi
    J. Mascherano
    C. Fabregas
    C. Ronaldo

W. Rooney
    F. Torres

Gaffer - Sir Alex. The Assistant Manager can be Keano.

Stadium - Croke Park so I can see them all in action.

Subs: N. Vidic, D. Drogba and M. Essien.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Cech

Alves
    Terry
    Nesta
    Evra

Essien

Messi
    Ronaldo

Ronaldinho

Torres
    Etoo

Manager - Sir Alex( I prefer Jose but hes probably not entertaining enough):rolleyes:

Subs:Kaka - Drogba - Gerrard

Stadium: Nou Camp

• Advertisement
Advertisement