Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pamela Izevbekhai - Should She Be Deported?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,664 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

zootroid wrote: »
    I haven't read through this thread as it is so long. But regardless of your feelings on the case, and of the risk of her child facing FGM, if the below story is accurate, she should be long gone

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/deportation-case-mother-had-fake-baby-death-papers-inquiry-told-1688446.html

Our course the Nigerian government would be embaresed by FGM eneogh to disgredit her with a false withness...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Rafferty444

tbh wrote: »
    ahhhhhhh. your posts make more sense now you've established context.

Its called waking up, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Our course the Nigerian government would be embaresed by FGM eneogh to disgredit her with a false withness...

Now now. Do you believe this to be the case with Mrs Izevbekhai ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

outfront-conspiracy-watch-tin-foil-hat-big.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

I actually wonder what Nigeria is like re: political system, police honesty etc. I have no personal experience and the background given in Izevbekhai case is hardly objective.

I know countries where terrorizing witnesses or falsifying documents in a public case is unthinkable. I know countries where it's fairly possible. What's it like in Nigeria? It's hardly the straightest country in the world but is it so corrupt that it might be an option?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Now now. Do you believe this to be the case with Mrs Izevbekhai ?

to me, the fact that she could be lying, and the fact that the ambassador is trying to put a spin on a potentially embarrassing situation are equally credible. I always find it's best to wait for all the facts before painting myself into the opinion corners.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

It may be unfair, but unless you have unlimited resources to screen everyone both thoroughly and equally, you do need to put more resources into those who fall into a high risk demographic.
    For clarity, I'm talking about this thread, and the "all Nigerians..." posts.
    It's not a question of what I believe. Evidence has been presented. The assessment of the reliability of that evidence is a matter for the competent authorities.

I'm not saying I don't believe him. I'm saying that the fact that new evidence has emerged doesn't give carte blanche to posters to start calling for her head.
    I have in the form of fotocopys of cheques , and please do not say i better do anything i am here to discuss not be threatened...
    You're here to discuss on the terms set out in the charter, which I enforce.

If you have evidence that social welfare has paid for cars for asylum seekers, post it here. If you're not prepared to post your evidence, then don't make the claim.

...but not all. And that's the extent of my point, which - frankly - I'm getting tired of making.

Yes, some Nigerians are liars and fraudsters. Yes, some Irish are feckless drunks. Yes, some Americans are ignorant rednecks.

I'm not going to permit sweeping generalisations. End of discussion.

I cant understand why this has not made it into national/reputable media sources.

If what you say it true then the public should know.

If what you say is not true then im sure you have your reasons but they are despicable.

The Irish governemnt have been recieving millions of euro in Aid to take more African people in , it is all a ploy from a paper signed in 1915 (think thats the date) by all country , this paper sets out a stratigy to form super states and in order to do this the world will become mixed, in time we will be like america who say they are 1/8 th whatever.
    In time as more nationalitys are in Ireland we will not be able to say we are the native Irish and we will not be able to say our kids or we are decended from just Irish people.
    Why do you think that from 80,000 asylum seekers 69,000 failed but just under 4000 deported over the past 10 yrs ?

Just like in America why are they having so many Mexicans ? but very few are deported , Mexico America and Canada are already micing to form a super state, their cash has been in volts for several yrs now.

England France and Germany have worked towards this for the last 100 yrs and they are mixed to a large part, we have just started.

The payments like cars are to entice African people here in their droves, the government then will look like they are doing something to deport Failed Asylum seekers but it will not be as many as the amount that failes.

This year they intend to deport less than 100 people, so far this year 55 have gone in January and 30 in December of last year.

The Garda say they dont know where they are , why dont they check the restaurants in Parnell street ? Capel street, Fact is they are told by government not to do anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

Just to add to this point:

For the last three years (for which there are figures available), Africans accounted for more than half of all people arrested for cocaine trafficking in 2005 and 2007 and 30% in 2006.

Of these, the single most prominent nationality is Nigerian. In 2005, they single-handedly accounted for half of those arrested. In the other two years it was closer to a third.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/idgbqlsney/

The Irish governemnt have been recieving millions of euro in Aid to take more African people in , it is all a ploy from a paper signed in 1915 (think thats the date) by all country , this paper sets out a stratigy to form super states and in order to do this the world will become mixed, in time we will be like america who say they are 1/8 th whatever.
    In time as more nationalitys are in Ireland we will not be able to say we are the native Irish and we will not be able to say our kids or we are decended from just Irish people.
    Why do you think that from 80,000 asylum seekers 69,000 failed but just under 4000 deported over the past 10 yrs ?

Just like in America why are they having so many Mexicans ? but very few are deported , Mexico America and Canada are already micing to form a super state, their cash has been in volts for several yrs now.

England France and Germany have worked towards this for the last 100 yrs and they are mixed to a large part, we have just started.

The payments like cars are to entice African people here in their droves, the government then will look like they are doing something to deport Failed Asylum seekers but it will not be as many as the amount that failes.

This year they intend to deport less than 100 people, so far this year 55 have gone in January and 30 in December of last year.

The Garda say they dont know where they are , why dont they check the restaurants in Parnell street ? Capel street, Fact is they are told by government not to do anything.
    Refer to post 1595 please

oscarBravo wrote: »
    For clarity, I'm talking about this thread, and the "all Nigerians..." posts. It's not a question of what I believe. Evidence has been presented. The assessment of the reliability of that evidence is a matter for the competent authorities.

I'm not saying I don't believe him. I'm saying that the fact that new evidence has emerged doesn't give carte blanche to posters to start calling for her head.

You're here to discuss on the terms set out in the charter, which I enforce.

If you have evidence that social welfare has paid for cars for asylum seekers, post it here. If you're not prepared to post your evidence, then don't make the claim.

well for 1 i have no clue to who you are at all, secondly if you have read any posts i am in descussion with many people, i joined yesterday and already can see its like being at school , maybe you have too much authority as all i have seen is you giving out at decent people for whatever reason.
    Many posts are educated to the fact, but each time they respond to anything there you are saying how wrong it is, a forum is ment for people to express their views and not to enforce your ego.
    If this is deleted so be it , your prove my point entirely.

I am yet to see any post that ensites Racism, i for one would not like to see those posts, there is a fine line between Racism and thoughts , but saying that it is a line .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭blueythebear

Wow. I've never heard such an awesome conspiracy theory. That is priceless. You have just totally discredited yourself in relation to your welfare fraud stories. Refugees do not get cars from the State. To say so is ludicrous.

Your theory above is complete fantasy and your spelling and punctuation are terrible.

You get a D- and are at the bottom of the class. We may have to keep you back a year too....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

For the last three years (for which there are figures available), Africans accounted for more than half of all people arrested for cocaine trafficking in 2005 and 2007 and 30% in 2006.

OT
    That just means better drugs. I'm all for that. I'm waiting for the day that all the Nigerian drug dealers wipe out the scumbag Irish that bring the worst quality drugs into this country (and do **** like put glass in grass to make it weigh more).

well for 1 i have no clue to who you are at all...
    I'm a moderator of this forum. That means I make sure people post within the terms of the charter, which you clearly haven't read.

Go and read it now. If you're prepared to post within the terms of the charter, you're free to do so - and that means keeping threads on-topic, which your bizarre conspiracy theory isn't.

Don't reply to this post. If you have a problem with it, PM me.

Wow. I've never heard such an awesome conspiracy theory. That is priceless. You have just totally discredited yourself in relation to your welfare fraud stories. Refugees do not get cars from the State. To say so is ludicrous.

Your theory above is complete fantasy and your spelling and punctuation are terrible.

You get a D- and are at the bottom of the class. We may have to keep you back a year too....

so diss prove it and yes my spelling and punctuation is terrible i know, and theory ? no such thing when i have the evidence, and no as said before i cant place it here, i am also the same person who was on the national news for uncovering the false Saftey certs in 2006 for 50 euro , 6 people in FAS lost their jobs over it.

...i have the evidence, and no as said before i cant place it here...
    If you're not prepared to support your claims, don't make them.

so diss prove it and yes my spelling and punctuation is terrible i know, and theory ? no such thing when i have the evidence, and no as said before i cant place it here, i am also the same person who was on the national news for uncovering the false Saftey certs in 2006 for 50 euro , 6 people in FAS lost their jobs over it.
    Come on ourlad! this is thread on the aparent uncovering of a fraud by ms Izevbekhai........ Im sure your a great chap but slinging mud at people without giving evidence is not going to help you convince me that you are telling the truth.

• Advertisement

Come on ourlad! this is thread on the aparent uncovering of a fraud by ms Izevbekhai........ Im sure your a great chap but slinging mud at people without giving evidence is not going to help you convince me that you are telling the truth.

I replie to what people throw at me nothing more or less, one person attacked my spelling big deal.

Just because you cant see something it doesnt meen it isnt there.(evidence)

Everyone: back on topic.

Just because you cant see something it doesnt meen it isnt there.(evidence)

I agree here, but you have not supplied any evidence for your posts. Please feel free to prove your allegations. If you do I will pay for a night out on the town and throw in the taxi fare for going home.

Sorry Oscarbravo, posted before seeing your reply.....

I agree mate not all people from one country should be tarred, i think this case will determin cases in the future for FGM, it will also make our authoritys look at documents provided , this will strengthen our boarders, i cant see one reason why she should now be allowed to stay here.

Fine if the evidence showed she was honest then welcome , but the fact are speaking for themselves.

A newspaper has to report on the facts.

They took the evidence from the Garda immigration and they took from direct people who were reported by Pamela Izevbekhai to have been involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

I agree mate not all people from one country should be tarred, i think this case will determin cases in the future for FGM

Pamela is just one individual case, I don't think it will have any bearing on any other individual asylum seeker's case, even if it is FGM they claim to fear for themselves or their children. No two cases are exactly the same and each case deserves an individual consideration of the facts presented and a determination of the application in accordance with legal principles.

What Pamela's case may do in my opinion is send a strong signal out that asylum applications that lack credibility and lack evidence will not succeed, which is well overdue.

EF wrote: »
    Pamela is just one individual case, I don't think it will have any bearing on any other individual asylum seeker's case, even if it is FGM they claim to fear for themselves or their children. No two cases are exactly the same and each case deserves an individual consideration of the facts presented and a determination of the application in accordance with legal principles.

What Pamela's case may do in my opinion is send a strong signal out that asylum applications that lack credibility and lack evidence will not succeed, which is well overdue.

Although yes you are correct but i am sure in reality behind closed doors the government officials will not see all niegrian cases on a case by case system , they already turn down 99.99% of nigerians, the only reason we have many now "legal" asylum seekers from nigeria is that they benefited from the good friday agreement, something else the government didnt see before it was too late, many of those were already in northern ireland (did the brit gov know what was going to happen so placed them there)
    Blanchardstown isnt that ireland first ghetto ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Is it? Why so? I mean, it's not like refugee status is being granted to everyone and anyone in this country, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

djpbarry wrote: »
    Is it? Why so? I mean, it's not like refugee status is being granted to everyone and anyone in this country, is it?

No but I think the media have not been balanced in their coverage of aylum matters in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

He wont be let by the Nigerian authorities. Hes too likely to seek asylum. His reasons might be embarrasing to them.
    I've never at any point tried to claim that that "all Nigerians are liars and fraudsters." I do believe—based on established measures such as the Corruption Perceptions Index—that Nigerians are more likely to be liars and fraudsters than, say, the Danes, Swiss, or Finns, who come from countries with culturally high standards of honesty and integrity. That obviously doesn't mean that every single Nigerian is a fraudster; but it does say something about aggregate tendencies in populations.

"Since 1995, Transparency International has published an annual Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI)[1] ordering the countries of the world according to "the degree to which corruption is perceived to exist among public officials and politicians".[2]"

This is not an index of corruption of the average Nigerian citizen it is an index of their corrupt official oppressors. Government, Police, secret service etc.

It just means that anything a Nigerian official has touched should not be trusted.

Just so we dont all lose a grip on reality with the latest "Tom Brady". A few things to consider:

There was only a reported 55 recorded death certificates in Surulere district in 1994 even though the population was over 600,000.

Brady cant even quote the doctor. His one source who had "been shown the registry of deaths in the Surulere district in Lagos for 1994 showed only 55 entries. Shall we guess who showed him?

The HSE talked with a doctor as did an Irish reporter. Both verified his legitimacy. Why would this doctor change his story? Perhaps someone showed him too?

There was also a birth cert given in evidence to the Irish Courts no mention of this.

Who showed the Gardai where to look? Why has this evidence not been handed over by Nigerian authorities until now? Has Official Nigerian touched this case?

I'm not disputing that there has been some racist sentiment on this thread. But I think people have also asked legitimate—if uncomfortable—questions about the behavior of Nigerian nationals in our country.
    I think it's fair to ask why a quarter of all asylum seekers to Ireland hail from Nigeria, a democratic country that is not at war. I think it's reasonable to ask why in 2006, at the peak of the biggest economic boom in Ireland's history, 31 percent of Nigerians resident here were on the dole, while only 38 percent were working

Nigeria is not at war although 25,000 Nigerian refugees recently ran from Delta province into Cameroon by Nigerian police (for US Oil Companies))

It is statistiacally harder for Africans to get work than White/Asian people.
    It is not unusual for this population to occuppy the very lowest jobs (handing out papers, working in nightclub toilets etc.) It may say more about our country than theirs.

In these recessionary times, it's fair to ask why the asylum system in this country costs the taxpayer over €300 million annually—twice the entire budget of the Dáil and Seanad Éireann combined.

The Refugee Appeals Tribunal Needs to be improved. Too many inexperienced and inconsistent judges. Government need to look at legal people exploiting loopholes for personal gain (and not just in Asylum cases).
    It's legitimate to ask why applicants claiming persecution from voodoo curses are able to appeal their cases all the way to the High Court.
    That has nothing to do with the individuals and more to do with the Irish Asylum system which is in need of drastic reform. You could also ask why the high court failed to quash the RAT where somebody was turned down because the tribunal member at lenght insisted there was a Law against FGM in Delta state when no such Law existed. Clearly not a fair hearing but still upheld by the high court.
    And it's reasonable to ask why people such as former Portlaoise mayor Rotimi Adebari, who filed for asylum in Ireland on the basis that he faced life-threatening persecution in his home country, can now travel back and forth to Nigeria without fear.

His success in Ireland made him a hero in his native town. He was clearly in a much better position to protect himself (he had a tribal chiefs on his side now) while the people who wanted him hurt were in a weaker position.
    To ask such questions is not racist. But to assume that Nigerians should be spared from scrutiny because of the colour of their skin is racist.

But is saying that thes things happen because they are Nigerians racist?

• Advertisement

No but I think the media have not been balanced in their coverage of aylum matters in this country.

in which direction ? to much in favour ? or against ?

I think we dont hear enough, you sound like your an asylum seeker who is here to push asylum views on us. as Blanchardstown is known as ireland first ghetto

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement