Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pamela Izevbekhai - Should She Be Deported?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

EF wrote: »
    :confused: The loophole has well and truely been closed! Any child born on the island of Ireland since January 1st 2005 is not entitled to Irish citizenship. They are in the majority of cases however entitled to citizenship of their parent's country by descent. Many who did use the loophole came straight to Ireland and claimed asylum, subsequently withdrawing their asylum claim and making an application to stay on the basis of being the parent of an Irish born child.

As far as I am aware, the child will be eligible if the parents can prove habitual residency, of more than three years.

Source:
    10. Q. My child was born in Ireland after 1st January, 2005, are they an Irish citizen?

A. The Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act, 2004, which commenced on 1 January, 2005 provides that certain non-nationals are required to be resident in the island of Ireland for a three year period prior to the birth of their child, for that child to be entitled to Irish citizenship. This altered the previous situation whereby a child born in the island of Ireland was automatically entitled to Irish citizenship. Information on making an application for a passport for a child born on or after 1 January, 2005 can be found on the Department of Foreign Affairs website www.foreignaffairs.gov.ie
    I was always under the impression they were supposed to claim asylum in the first country they land in. As far as I know there are no direct flights to Ireland from Nigeria ? Seems odd that the poor darlings would have chosen soft and naive booming Ireland when escaping possible mutilation or death. Surely a 'third world' (hardly) Ireland would have been better than possible death ?

I think you need to read up on the Dublin Regulation and how that affects "first country they land in" - Link

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭EnigmasWhisper

The Orb wrote: »
    I work in the area and believe me, Nigerians are pi$$ing themselves laughing at the Irish state.

Of course they are, its a joke. We cant take care of our own yet we pay millions upon millions on these people. . .its absurd.

Bye Bye Pamela. Be sure to send our love to all your friends back home. Inform them also that stupid Ireland is no longer the soft touch it was...you dispicable woman

Of course they are, its a joke. We cant take care of our own yet we pay millions upon millions on these people. . .its absurd.

Personally I worry a lot more about the Irish that have turned social welfare into a career, and are cost us a lot, lot more than any other group.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Mena wrote: »
    As far as I am aware, the child will be eligible if the parents can prove habitual residency, of more than three years.

True, sorry I forgot that bit. It would only include those whose parents have are legally resident in the State in any case, and not including those whose parents are seeking asylum or here on visas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I have commented on this thread before and I am still of the same opinion, The women lied she was caught she sould be deported and that loophole should be closed to prevent this happening again

I have been reading the posts along the way and it has become more of a political arguement the kind that this women is playing up to and the reason she has not gone yet but the best words came a few back.

There is no way this women came from nigeria to here direct and if she did its because she knows we are soft, Think of it would you not land in a nicer place like spain or france???? They are in the EU as well.

Finally why has she been moved on from the previous countries she landed in??? because the do not tolerate the sponging. Simple

I am of the opinion she lied she should be deported she lied about multiple facts not one. Deport her simple.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Rafferty444

he was born in england and grew up in dublin

also black people have been in ireland(dublin) since middle ages, although virtually all assimilated into greater population due to their low numbers.

what are you on ? there were not even black people in northern europ during the middle ages, there are NO references thru irish history of black people, NO books NO films NO google, nothing there are absolutly no references so where the hell did you think of that story from ? if you refer to the black irish then you have the hole meaning confused, black irish were the spanish that came here and also the term is from the Irish Travellers, but never from an actuall black person, i suggets you learn befoe you speak, NO BLACK PEOPLE WERE HERE UNTILL THE 1960'S LATE

EF wrote: »
    :confused: The loophole has well and truely been closed! Any child born on the island of Ireland since January 1st 2005 is not entitled to Irish citizenship. They are in the majority of cases however entitled to citizenship of their parent's country by descent. Many who did use the loophole came straight to Ireland and claimed asylum, subsequently withdrawing their asylum claim and making an application to stay on the basis of being the parent of an Irish born child.

I am also aware that at the time of the agreement there were several thousand Nigerians with kids in the north or ireland which all benefited and got passports. the English stitched us up as they new the loophole was there so placed a load of their asylum seekers into the north before the signing.

Personally I worry a lot more about the Irish that have turned social welfare into a career, and are cost us a lot, lot more than any other group.

you speak like a non irish person justifing the non nationals on the dole, in every country there are natives on doles, yes we are the same, but our economy has also gone and wont be back for at least 10 yrs, Asylum seekers cost us over 300 million a yr just to feed and bed, 99% fail the asylum case altho take 7 yrs to do it, those people should be deported after the first failure to secure asylum , tho in yesterdays Independent.ie new messures are at foot and will stop many appeals. we had a very long time being poor and i for 1 will not begrudge an IRISH native welfare, i will begrude non natives as they came for the "work" and stayed for the welfare. the majority (a higher %) of African are on the dole claiming all types of welfare even for bogus classes. I will continue to look after my people way before any black or asian person , and if someone says Racist i dont give a dam . Iv seen men killed defending this land as im part of RSF .charity starts at home.

Bye Bye Pamela. Be sure to send our love to all your friends back home. Inform them also that stupid Ireland is no longer the soft touch it was...you dispicable woman

thats a great thought love it .

How does her favourite song go ?

Im leaving on a jet plane , dont know when il be back again,
    iv packed my bags and the IRISH want me to go, because they told me so.

you speak like a non irish person justifing the non nationals on the dole, in every country there are natives on doles, yes we are the same, but our economy has also gone and wont be back for at least 10 yrs, Asylum seekers cost us over 300 million a yr just to feed and bed, 99% fail the asylum case altho take 7 yrs to do it, those people should be deported after the first failure to secure asylum , tho in yesterdays Independent.ie new messures are at foot and will stop many appeals. we had a very long time being poor and i for 1 will not begrudge an IRISH native welfare, i will begrude non natives as they came for the "work" and stayed for the welfare. the majority (a higher %) of African are on the dole claiming all types of welfare even for bogus classes. I will continue to look after my people way before any black or asian person , and if someone says Racist i dont give a dam . Iv seen men killed defending this land as im part of RSF .charity starts at home.

I'd define that as a racist stance simply because you appear happy, by omission, to fund any white welfare claimant, but not any Black or Asian.

The cost of asylum seekers has nothing to do with the asylum seekers themselves, and everything to do with the inept process and systems put in place by the government. Though it's nice to be able to pick on the soft targets ain't it?

Your gross generalisation really show your argument for what it is, vapid and xenophobic.

And finally, I'd appreciate it if you could do some research and learn for yourself the difference between an asylum seeker and a legal economic migrant. You appear happy to lump the two together which simply smacks of ignorance on the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

I was always under the impression they were supposed to claim asylum in the first country they land in. As far as I know there are no direct flights to Ireland from Nigeria ? Seems odd that the poor darlings would have chosen soft and naive booming Ireland when escaping possible mutilation or death. Surely a 'third world' (hardly) Ireland would have been better than possible death ?

Were you around and of working age in the 70's and 80's? Ireland was poor and there were feck all jobs, people were leaving in droves. They weren't escaping mutilation or death but poverty (although as you point out 'hardly' on the level of that experienced by Africans.) Now if it was alright for Irishmen such as myself to do this and become economic migrants then why would it become wrong if my skin was darker? Why would I have had to been escaping mutilation or death for it to be justified and what would happen if all the Irish around the world were deported home?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

So, is racism apart of RSF policies? I wonder Ruairí Ó Brádaigh would think. :eek:

I'm not going to even comment on what I think of your character as I will probably be banned for doing so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

Source:

I think you need to read up on the Dublin Regulation and how that affects "first country they land in" - Link

the ibc 05 scheme was a once off administrative scheme,to sort out those in legal limbo after the consequences of lobe, chen case and the the constitutional. referendums.as you are aware in 1990, the fajounu (sp) a case which former attorney general and minister for justice, michael mcdowell represented the plaintiffs, confirmed that in most cases, any child born in ireland was entitled to automatic citizenship, and in most cases entitled to care love and company of parent. lobe, as you are aware was factually severly different to fajounu (length of time in country and fact at one point plaintiff sougt and obtained permission for a work permit) and more similar to the trend of the time (ie apply for asylum, give birth within 2-3 months of arrival, withdraw case and apply for leave to remain)

in relation to children born in ireland after 1/1/2005, the habitual residence means legal residence. time as asylum seeker and international student dont count anymore. - see sections 6, 6A, 7 and 7A of irish nationality and citizenship act 1956-2004

i note that there are still a few cases remaining in the department in relation to irish citizen children born before 2005 to be dealt with after a number of cases coming from the dimbo and okwueke cases in 2008. i believe that this matter will soon be put to bed. however, my understanding is that there are now a few cases before the court in relation to family reunification of the fathers who came to ireland 1-3 years after birth of child and after mothers were granted residency under the ibc scheme. interesting times ahead with a few of these.

thats a great thought love it .

How does her favourite song go ?

Im leaving on a jet plane , dont know when il be back again,
    iv packed my bags and the IRISH want me to go, because they told me so.

I heard she can sing a bar or two of ' Nigerian Pie'

But the Irish winter made me shiver
    My face on every paper they deliver.
    Bad news on my Sligo doorstep,
    I couldnt take one more bloody step.

I cant remember if I cried or lied
    When I read about my alleged long lost child,
    But something touched me deep inside
    The day the shamrock dream died.

So bye-bye, miss Nigerian pie.
    Drove my cortina to the welfare office,
    But the wallet was dry.
    And them good old immigration boys were drinkin whiskey and rye
    Singin, "thisll be the day we wave pamela goodbye.
    "thisll be the day she will fly ."

Did you write the book of refugee tribunal rights,
    And do you have faith in those 'Let Them Stay' above,
    If the Irish Times tells you so?
    Do you believe in rock n roll Pam,
    Can Ceili music save your mortal soul,
    And can you teach me how to lie and talk real slow?

Well, I know that youre in love with him
    Is it Dermot, Paddy, Tony or Jim ?
    You both kicked off your sandals.
    Man, I dig those rhythm and blues.

Over to you . . . :D

dlofnep wrote: »
    So, is racism apart of RSF policies? I wonder Ruairí Ó Brádaigh would think. :eek:

I'm not going to even comment on what I think of your character as I will probably be banned for doing so.

Oh i see you like Sinn fein , how did they do yesterday in Tyrone ? oh thats right from 15 commemerations they managed 1 because the familys told them where to go. the day before sinn fein office burnt down in Derry, mm just shows that your bullcrap chat gets nothing done, yes i hate blacks and asians that take the piss from my country, i also hate anyone that does it even white ppl, and unlike any other party we are allowed to have our own thopught aswell as going with the party. Its called democrocy, as for that other bimbo Mina she is obviously a black or an ilegal herself . all today at the GPO Dublin we had Irish people coming to us for answers on how to drop the amount of foreign ppl in ireland, 1 women had to move out of ireland to get work away from her family and friends . and how dare you try to mention someone like Ruairí Ó Brádaigh when he is not here to tell either of us what he would think, its not up to you to decide either way just because you dont agree with me, and i can see many like you on this site full of ****e, you sit in front of a computor with your little thoughts and do fek all about anything, but i bet in time your be telling your grand kids how you faught for the rights of irish ppl, so PUT UP OR SHUT UP, next saturday we will amongst many other be in moore street dublin will you ? 3pm, your so irish that you dont even know what for. i dont care what anyone here has to say especially bollox like you. talk talk talk thats all you can do. moron

:D
    I heard she can sing a bar or two of ' Nigerian Pie'

But the Irish winter made me shiver
    My face on every paper they deliver.
    Bad news on my Sligo doorstep,
    I couldnt take one more bloody step.

I cant remember if I cried or lied
    When I read about my alleged long lost child,
    But something touched me deep inside
    The day the shamrock dream died.

So bye-bye, miss Nigerian pie.
    Drove my cortina to the welfare office,
    But the wallet was dry.
    And them good old immigration boys were drinkin whiskey and rye
    Singin, "thisll be the day we wave pamela goodbye.
    "thisll be the day she will fly ."

Did you write the book of refugee tribunal rights,
    And do you have faith in those 'Let Them Stay' above,
    If the Irish Times tells you so?
    Do you believe in rock n roll Pam,
    Can Ceili music save your mortal soul,
    And can you teach me how to lie and talk real slow?

Well, I know that youre in love with him
    Is it Dermot, Paddy, Tony or Jim ?
    You both kicked off your sandals.
    Man, I dig those rhythm and blues.

Over to you . . . :D

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh i see you like Sinn fein , how did they do yesterday in Tyrone ? oh thats right from 15 commemerations they managed 1 because the familys told them where to go. the day before sinn fein office burnt down in Derry, mm just shows that your bullcrap chat gets nothing done, yes i hate blacks and asians that take the piss from my country, i also hate anyone that does it even white ppl, and unlike any other party we are allowed to have our own thopught aswell as going with the party. Its called democrocy, as for that other bimbo Mina she is obviously a black or an ilegal herself . all today at the GPO Dublin we had Irish people coming to us for answers on how to drop the amount of foreign ppl in ireland, 1 women had to move out of ireland to get work away from her family and friends . and how dare you try to mention someone like Ruairí Ó Brádaigh when he is not here to tell either of us what he would think, its not up to you to decide either way just because you dont agree with me, and i can see many like you on this site full of ****e, you sit in front of a computor with your little thoughts and do fek all about anything, but i bet in time your be telling your grand kids how you faught for the rights of irish ppl, so PUT UP OR SHUT UP, next saturday we will amongst many other be in moore street dublin will you ? 3pm, your so irish that you dont even know what for. i dont care what anyone here has to say especially bollox like you. talk talk talk thats all you can do. moron

Usually I'd be offended but hell, you can't even spell properly.

O'Coonassa wrote: »
    Were you around and of working age in the 70's and 80's? Ireland was poor and there were feck all jobs, people were leaving in droves. They weren't escaping mutilation or death but poverty (although as you point out 'hardly' on the level of that experienced by Africans.) Now if it was alright for Irishmen such as myself to do this and become economic migrants then why would it become wrong if my skin was darker? Why would I have had to been escaping mutilation or death for it to be justified and what would happen if all the Irish around the world were deported home?

Yes, and Yes . . . I remember those decades well, but I dont remember us all walking naked down Grafton St for six hrs with babies on our backs to get drinking water or starving with the hunger holding empty mugs like those poor unfortunates from the true 'third world'.

Theres a difference between an Irish person emmigrating to work legally, and a Nigerian woman telling lies, forging documents and going through countless courts of law to cheat an immigration system . . . your comparrison is ridiculous.

Leave the 'colour of skin' bullsh** out of it also, its old and so 1990. The racist card is always taken out when the do good pc brigade have nothing else to argue, its tiring. Frankly use your Racist thing all you like, because Irish people are beyond caring about being reagrded as racists for speaking out. Im white, would the Let Them Stay brigade be so concerned about me in the same circumstances I wonder, or are they racists against whites ? I dont care if he skin colour is pink, blue, polka cot purple or black, shes a liar and a fraud. What I do care about is the money she and countlerss others like her have cost us, and how many of her countries people have used our idiotic immigration laws to their advantage.

Shes a liar, and the very fact that she has been allowed to continue to lie in our courts for so long is as infuriating as it is embarrassing. As for Irish people being deported home ? If they are illegaly in a country and break the law by using forged documents etc . . yes they should be. I believe its called 'immigration law'

Well I see what you're saying but not entirely, people come here from the poor places seeking asylum because the most of them are not allowed in as economic migrants.

If you're a doctor or a lawyer then yes for such people you're entirely correct. This class of people who are very expensive to train being leeched from third world by rich nations who can't be bothered to train their own is somewhat disturbing. However, if you're say a security guard or a roadsweeper then you've no chance of becoming an economic migrant. That is why people make up lies about being asylum seekers.

Indeed, as above.

We didn't need to sure, but imagine if they hadn't been letting barmen and shovel jockeys into all of those places, we'd have lied through our teeth about how paramilitaries were after us or some other thing. Well I know I would have anyhow.

• Advertisement

Usually I'd be offended but hell, you can't even spell properly.

Actually i can spell , im also busy doing other things and dont check what i type, as for you being offended i dont care, by your lack of argument i see im right. A poor persons argument is to attack spelling.

Actually i can spell , im also busy doing other things and dont check what i type, as for you being offended i dont care, by your lack of argument i see im right. A poor persons argument is to attack spelling.

I stopped debating with you when you started using personal insults. Retract those levelled at both myself and dlofnep and perhaps we could continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

dresden8 wrote: »
    How in the spirit of multi-culturalism can we slag off Nigeria's ancient and wise customs?

Shame on all those racists who judge all those people just because they happen to be foreigners.
    Responding to an old post, but it has to be said: What a load of nonsense this kind of thinking is! Where do you stop? What about totally hostile cultures which mandate that all foreigners be murdered and eaten? Those people are entitled to their beliefs, but everyone else is equally entitled to (loudly) disagree with those beliefs.
    According to my own beliefs, murdering and eating people is WRONG and saving an innocent person's life takes precedence far beyond cultural preservation.

Otherwise, you could go and invent more and more destructive 'cultures' and argue that nobody has a 'right' to intervene. Witness the Sharia/village law mutilations and murders of young women for such 'crimes' as refusing to marry another man, or simply being suspected of an affair or even the woman who was stabbed to death by her brother for "spending too much time out of the house". Is that 'ancient and wise' custom? Do we have no right to criticise or intervene with such brutal acts, simply because they are part of a 'culture'?

By OUR laws and beliefs, forced FGM is wrong and fundamentally damages human rights. Therefore it is WRONG to send anybody back to a place where it's reasonable to expect that forcible FGM would be performed on them. It doesn't matter one bit what they did or where they came from or how they got here.

There is absolutely nothing racist about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭marti8

dsmythy wrote: »
    Kevin Myers wrote a piece on this.

Pretty much echos my own thoughts on it.

Interesting piece. Now, I neither like nor dislke Myers. In my opinion, the family shuold be sent back to Nigeria. I think the mothers case is weak as her daughters had already lived in Nigeria and had not been exposed to the brutality of FGM. Yes, FGM is wrong, of course it is but it is not upto Ireland to enforce laws or lack of in Nigeria. Why don't the Nigerians do something about it? To put it bluntly she does not have a case for leave to remain.

If you can even borrow the money you will go. If you can get into Europe even your whole extended family will lend you the money. It is still true to say though that it's mostly the middle classes who make it out of Africa but this is not exclusively the case by any means.

"There are many ancillary questions to this little affair. How did Pamela Izevbekhai manage to get from Nigeria to Ireland? En route, how many countries did she pass through where they don't have female circumcision? Why did she choose here as a refuge from the barbaric circumcisers of Nigeria, and not somewhere closer to home?

And even if it's not, are we to be the refuge for every single Nigerian or Somalia or Chadean or Kuwaiti woman who wants to avoid genital mutilation? So all they have to do is get here, allege that if they go home they'll be circumcised, and then we must give them asylum: is that it? And if we don't, are we then to get the self-appointed cranks from Residents Against Racism accusing us of being racist, and then RAR will be rewarded with their usual quota of headlines? "

I concur

As for Irish people being deported home ? If they are illegaly in a country and break the law by using forged documents etc . . yes they should be. I believe its called 'immigration law'

Well you see here's the crux of the matter. Immigration law favoured us all over the world even when the 'natives' were opposed to it. It doesn't favour the Africans too well. That's why they're washing up dead on the beaches in Europe and telling lies to get in.

We'll only really take Africans if their Governments have invested big money in their training or they can prove that they face persecution. If they are just poor ordinary hard working class people they can fvck off and starve. And what the sickest thing is, is that it is our economy, our protectionism, our corporations and our European governments and interventions that have made and are making Africa into a basket case.

Some woman from a dirt poor place told some lies to get into a place where by comparison they have all the money in the world. If you were her, standing in her shoes, how can you claim with any credibility that you would never do the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I'm going to entertain this post, because it's the likes of you who give Republicans bad names. Now it's time to dissect this for what it truly is.
    Oh i see you like Sinn fein , how did they do yesterday in Tyrone

While Sinn Féin is a small party in the 26 counties, it still has 4 more TD's and scores more councillor's than RSF could ever muster. In the 6 counties, we are the largest nationalist party, by far.

I find it hilarious how someone who supports a microscopic group like Republican Sinn Féin, would have the audacity to even begin to debate party support with me.

Let's be frank, in terms of all-ireland politics; Republican Sinn Féin is one grain of sand on a beach.. And while Sinn Féin (Or PSF as you might call them) isn't as large as it would like to be in the 26 counties, it's still got a hell of alot more support than you'll ever get.
    and how dare you try to mention someone like Ruairí Ó Brádaigh when he is not here to tell either of us what he would think

I know exactly what Ruairí would do - He'd send you packing for being a bigot & a racist.
    Its called democrocy

Strange, I was almost certain it was called democracy.
    you sit in front of a computor with your little thoughts and do fek all about anything

Hm, let's see. I've campaigned on education cuts on numerous protests across Ireland. Campaigned on job loss and highlighted job retention strategies. Marched in solidarity for the Waterford crystal workers. I've leafleted many areas in town for the Lisbon campaign aiding the win of a No vote in my city, canvassed local areas for upcoming elections, sold Easter Lillies on my days off from work, cleaned up local Republican monuments, scrubbing shíte from the ground and stones... and then some.

All in all, I'd say I've been pretty active over the past year. What is it you have done? You don't know the first thing about me.
    as for that other bimbo Mina she is obviously a black or an ilegal herself

I don't even know what to say about this.. "Obviously a black or an illegal"? As if they are both mutual?

What exactly is it you have about "blacks".. I work with many people originating from Africa and they just so happen to be very friendly, hard working and genuinely nice people to be around. Oh and look, they are working and pay tax, contributing to our society! How evil of them!

• Advertisement

O'Coonassa wrote: »
    If you were her, standing in her shoes, how can you claim with any credibility that you would never do the same?

If I were her, I would ask instead to be fed and supported by you :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement