Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pamela Izevbekhai - Should She Be Deported?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

It's like this.....I'd lie too if it meant protecting my kids

protecting them from what ?? they're not in any danger from FGM, ask the Nigerian Ambassador.

The 'stories' (and that's exactly what they are, stories) you are hearing about the kids being in danger are cobblers. If anything, an example should be made of Pamela Izevbekhai, she should be made pay for her court time, and then sent home. This, and only this, will send the right message to anyone else who has any ideas about taking us for a ride, and exploiting the sentiments of gullible people in Ireland, who imo, seem only too happy to put their own warped sense of self righteousness, before the FACTS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

It's like this.....I'd lie too if it meant protecting my kids, wouldn't you if you have any. We're being lied to every day by Dail Eirann but us dopey Irish people just keep on taking it.

Whether we are being lied to by the Dáil or not is irrelevant and has nothing to do with this discussion tbh.

Fair enough you would do everything to protect your kids, as would most people - I am not complaining about her motives. But
    1) she is a proven liar, who has made a mockery of our lenient justice system and all true asylum seekers
    2) she has cost the tax payers a fortune bringing her case to every court in the land under false pretenses.
    3) she has made a mockery of the decent Irish people who tried to help her.

She should be done for perjury and thrown out of the state. I do feel sorry for the kids, but we are NOT responsible for the children of the world and attempting to provide social services for them is not practical. No matter how harsh it sounds.

Finally the message that this sends out - it is okay to come to Ireland with falsified documents, have a lash at getting citizenship through all the courts in the land free of charge, manipulate the good nature of Irish people ...... You will at worst be thrown out of the country without fear of prosecution.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭HollyB

This post has been deleted.

Absolutely.

Everybody who cries wolf is making it more and more difficult for those who are genuinely in need of asylum to get the protection they need. How much sympathy and support will there be in the future for women in need of protection from FGM, or for any asylum seeker? How much more skeptical will people be about claims of persecution, if prominent cases like the Izevbekhai case fall apart in public - which, incidentally, is one of the dangers of turning certain asylum seekers into virtual celebrities, if fraud is uncovered, then there's fall-out for all asylum seekers.

Those who persist in supporting Pamela Izevbekhai may find that, after the Supreme Court finds against her and she is deported, their own credibility will have suffered. How much support will they be able to whip up for their next cause celebre if they are seen to have, as you so aptly put it, bleat on behalf of cases that are viewed as being undeserving, or even fraudulent? Why should anybody believe that the next case they champion is any more genuine or deserving?

It was also never supposed to become a back door for people who wanted to move to a different country for economic reasons, personal preference or for any other reason than a genuine risk of persecution.

I'm not opposed to immigration, however it should be done through legal channels and I firmly believe that it is the right of every country to regulate immigration as they see fit, provided that genuine asylum seekers are accommodated. It is the citizens of the host country, through their government, who should have the right to decide on what terms they want to welcome citizens of other countries into their country.

In Ireland's case, that means that Ireland is entitled to apply whatever restrictions and conditions she wants to non-EU citizens entering the country. If people want to immigrate to Ireland, it's up to them to do so through legal channels. Abusing the asylum system is not acceptable, which is why I believe that for those, like Pamela Izevbekhai, who have been here for years because they dragged out the asylum procedure with as many appeals as they possibly could, should not be allowed the right to remain because of the length of time they've been in the country, the "roots" they've set down, etc, if they are found not to merit asylum.

Those who abuse they system should not be rewarded for it, not even if they manage to become media darlings.

She should be done for perjury and thrown out of the state.

Hypothetical question - if Pamela was charged with perjury and convicted, is it possible to make arrangements for her to be extradited to Nigeria to serve her sentence there, or would she have to serve it in Ireland? What's the legal situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Very true and the reality of that is demonstrated by the manner in which Eire has since it`s inception taken in those who were genuinely adrift on the stormy seas of life.

Take a stroll across top the East Gate of St Stephens Green and read the inscription on the plaque of the "3 Fates" statue,given to Ireland by the German Government in thanks for our role in taking in a small but significant number of German "War Orphans" after the 1939/45 War.
    Many of these children settled in Ireland and never returned to Germany.

The original Vietnam War "Boat People" who came here in the aftermath of the great US South East Asia adventure.....

The Bosnian families who arrived and became as of one with us.....

The key to the successful assimilation and integration of these people was in the controlled,managed and supported elements of their initial time in Ireland.

That Management is VITAL in this entire process and is above all what I want most to come from the Pamela Izevbekhai case.
    It is exactly that level of Management which ms Izevbekhai and her many and varied supporters week to wear down and have set aside on the most spurious of grounds.

Hopefully,Ireland as a State will emerge stronger for all of this,and as maidenireland elequently states...
    Maybe if we took up for ourselves more in this country and grew a pair we wouldn't be so narrow minded.

That is EXACTLY what Ireland is doing in respect of Pamela Izvebekhai and it ain`t no bad thing !!!

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

marcsignal wrote: »
    protecting them from what ??

Nigeria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭rkeane

O'Coonassa wrote: »
    Nigeria.

Weak arguement, she will be sent home to her upper-class life in Nigeria....nothing wrong with that. If I had my way she would be serving a long sentance back home for this carry on.....but I'll settle for her deportation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

AlekSmart wrote: »

The Bosnian families who arrived and became as of one with us.....

Aren't they kept in Mosney, in some camp?

rkeane wrote: »
    Weak arguement, she will be sent home to her upper-class life in Nigeria....nothing wrong with that. If I had my way she would be serving a long sentance back home for this carry on.....but I'll settle for her deportation.

lol if she was a member of the Nigerian elite she wouldn't be here she'd be drinking the cream in Nigeria. Anyhow I'm not even talking about her but about her two girls. Perhaps you wish to wash your conscience by pretending life in Nigeria is fine, it isn't.

Perhaps you wish to wash your conscience by pretending life in Nigeria is fine, it isn't.

I`m not certain that it`s the collective Irish conscience that needs washing,I`d settle for some evidence of Ms Izvebekhai attending to hers first.

I`m not aware of anybody in this thread promoting Nigeria as some African Nirvana flowing with milk n honey,but as countries in that region go,Nigeria is well developed,stable and it could be said,as well governed as Ireland is.

I believe that Ms Izvebekhai`s daughters are in no more danger of FGM at this stage than any other young girls of the same age and social background.
    I do not for a moment accept that there will be some form of "Reception Committee" awaiting Ms Izvebekhai upon her return.

Instead I suspect that the "Normal" Nigerian business arrangements will be adhered to,and with Ms Izevbekhai`s well proven talents for media management to the fore,I predict a period of media "Stardom" in her home country.
    It will not surprise me one bit to see Ireland,it`s people and it`s laws depicted in some flowery and negative manner as Pamela works her new found fame.

Nigerians,at least the one`s I have worked with,are a remarkably focused people when it comes to business and developing it,they can turn a buck where other less adaptable people would walk away beaten.

However,unlike some posters,I have less than full confidence in our native political system to see this through.
    With the current infighting and potential for Governmental self-destruction I can see the LTS campaign pulling a PR stroke yet.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

• Advertisement

lol if she was a member of the Nigerian elite she wouldn't be here she'd be drinking the cream in Nigeria. Anyhow I'm not even talking about her but about her two girls. Perhaps you wish to wash your conscience by pretending life in Nigeria is fine, it isn't.

Asylum isn't granted or withheld based on what the applicant's home country is like in general (unless there's a war involved), it's about the specific risk of persecution that the applicant faces personally. It is for the applicant to prove a specific risk and, if they are determined to be at risk from persecution and have no recourse within their home country - ie. appeal to official authorities or relocation within the country - they are granted asylum.

This isn't about whether Nigeria is a Utopia, or even about what the Izevbekhai family's economic circumstances are there. It's a question of whether or not they face a significant risk of persecution there, and if their only recourse was to seek asylum in another country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

of course she should be deported ,the lying cheating ****

Well say that to the 150 million people who live in Nigeria....this woman has tried to attain asylum in Ireland based on fraudulent documents....she will be deported...and I'm happy about that fact. They are in no more danger than the rest of her fellow citizens...an example needs to be made in this case. Wednesday and Thursday are going to be the days when her myth caves in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 fraz1971

Jaysus if you want to comment at least keep up with things. I've been called a racist for saying Pamela is a scammer, so here's my take on it.

Pamela said that they were well off in Nigeria. She had a highly paid job and Tony was a successful businessman in the IT industry. He was so successful that he visited the UK regularly on business trips, hence the multiple entry visa. RAR and letthemstay.org played up the fact that they were the elite of Nigerian society in order to convince people that they were not economic migrants, and were giving up a great deal to move to Ireland. I am not convinced by this. I think they are bog standard middle class Nigerians, which do not have as good a lifestyle as middle class Irish people. If you look at the interviews with family members you can see that they are not wealthy by where they live. Therefore they could possibly be economic migrants. Also Pamela said she lived in a flat. There was no security. If they were high flyers then they should have lived in a security estate and their kids could have played in the garden.

The basis of her claim was the fact that she had a daughter die due to FGM. There is absolutely no evidence that this daughter existed. All she had was a birth cert, a death cert and ONE photo of a baby. Pamela has admitted that they are fake, yet the bleeding hearts say the doctor is telling lies. Then they tell us he is corrupt because he wanted money to be interviewed by the media. Well why wouldn't he? I think that the doctor is an honourable man. He stayed in Nigeria to provide a valuable service to his community instead of being tempted by the big bucks in Ireland.

Go to letthemstay.org. All you will read are emotions. It's not hard to pick apart the story of a liar. You will read how common FGM is in Nigeria and accounts from "experts" about how common it is. It must be happening on every street corner if they are anything to go by. According to Pamela, even the villagers (I thought she was a city banker) will gang up and carry out the barbaric practice against the wishes of both parents. The police won't even do anything about it even though it is illegal (yeah right). But hey, how can the police stop this barbaric practice when it is so widespread? Fair enough you might think. They can't control such a widespread practice. Go to letthemstay.org and go to the column entitled 'Family left living in limbo as suspected 'economic tourists'. Read down the column and you will find this "Pamela is from a very different tribal culture and community in Nigeria than Tony, and she hadn't even heard of FGM before she gave birth to Elizabeth". OK, not only had she not heard of this very common practice, but she hadn't been told about what is a dangerous and commonly practiced tradition in Tony's family? WOW. They mustn't talk to each other very much (although the heart wrenching column tells us how strong their love is). I had a school picked out for my kids months before they were born. I certainly would have told my wife about FGM if she were preganant and I wanted it practiced. I think letting her know about it would only have been fair. Pamela has a son in his late teens and the subject never came up whilst she was pregnant with him? OK. Was the practice not carried out on any of Tony's family members between dating Pamela and giving birth to Elizabeth?

Then we have the big scary army officer who is Tony's father. OK. He has so much power and is a force to be reckoned with. Considering how much embarassment he has caused the government in Nigeria you would think he would be pulled in and have some strong words directed at him. I smell more bull with this one.

Then they moved to an apartment and the in-laws found them. A fight ensued and Tony has the scars on his face to prove it. Oh speaking of scars. Letthemstay.org made mention of Tony's tribe. Speaking of tribes. Many tribes in Africa carry out facial scarring. They think it looks good. I have seen facial scarring in Africa. It's more common than FGM. Women and men scar their faces. Google 'African facial scarring'. Some scarification can involve patterns and some are just straight lines on the cheeks. Some scarification looks a mess. It can be just one straight scar on the cheek.

There is only the account of Pamela regurgitated over and over at letthemstay.org. First we have the fake documents. Then we have the evil in-laws who have said nothing about the case. We haven't even had a photo of the in-laws from Pamela or Tony their son. The Garda investigated the case and reported their findings. Dermot Ahern acted on those findings and it's state racism according to RAR.

I don't think Pamela meant to let things go this far. I think she was scooped up by upstarts like RAR and various other NGO's and they ran like the devil with it. Pamela didn't break the law and run into hiding without help. It looks like Pamela will be deported. What have the dogooders who promoted themselves gained for Pamela? They have made such a big issue of the case of FGM and "state racism" that neither Ireland or Nigeria want her. They have coaxed this woman into embarassing all involved including people in Ireland who took her at her word. Some will still champion Pamela's cause, but I think that is only the few die hards who want to save face. It would be better for all involved it Pamela were repatriated tomorrow. Some will argue that she will now be in danger. Not through FGM, but from people who are unhappy with the nigerian people being portrayed as inhumane savages. All I have to say to the die hard save face brigade is this. You will really save face if you travel to Nigeria and live with Pamela and her family in order to protect them if you think they are in danger. After all you caused all this trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

Excellent post, thank you; it really brings things into perspective well. Just a tiny clarification:
    Some scarification looks a mess (singer seal).

Seal's scars are actually caused by a rare skin disease he went through as a child. But of course facial scarring is very popular in Africa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 fraz1971

Seal's scars are actually caused by a rare skin disease he went through as a child. But of course facial scarring is very popular in Africa.

I stand corrected. I only learned of scarification when I first worked in Africa. One of the guys who met me at the airport in Douala had scars. I thought he got them in a fight. I then started to notice quite a few others with scars and put two and two together. I thought seals were self inflicted. Thanks for setting me straight.

fraz1971 wrote: »
    Jaysus if you want to comment at least keep up with things. I've been called a racist for saying Pamela is a scammer, so here's my take on it.

Pamela said that they were well off in Nigeria. She had a highly paid job and Tony was a successful businessman in the IT industry. He was so successful that he visited the UK regularly on business trips, hence the multiple entry visa. RAR and letthemstay.org played up the fact that they were the elite of Nigerian society in order to convince people that they were not economic migrants, and were giving up a great deal to move to Ireland. I am not convinced by this. I think they are bog standard middle class Nigerians, which do not have as good a lifestyle as middle class Irish people. If you look at the interviews with family members you can see that they are not wealthy by where they live. Therefore they could possibly be economic migrants. Also Pamela said she lived in a flat. There was no security. If they were high flyers then they should have lived in a security estate and their kids could have played in the garden.

The basis of her claim was the fact that she had a daughter die due to FGM. There is absolutely no evidence that this daughter existed. All she had was a birth cert, a death cert and ONE photo of a baby. Pamela has admitted that they are fake, yet the bleeding hearts say the doctor is telling lies. Then they tell us he is corrupt because he wanted money to be interviewed by the media. Well why wouldn't he? I think that the doctor is an honourable man. He stayed in Nigeria to provide a valuable service to his community instead of being tempted by the big bucks in Ireland.

Go to letthemstay.org. All you will read are emotions. It's not hard to pick apart the story of a liar. You will read how common FGM is in Nigeria and accounts from "experts" about how common it is. It must be happening on every street corner if they are anything to go by. According to Pamela, even the villagers (I thought she was a city banker) will gang up and carry out the barbaric practice against the wishes of both parents. The police won't even do anything about it even though it is illegal (yeah right). But hey, how can the police stop this barbaric practice when it is so widespread? Fair enough you might think. They can't control such a widespread practice. Go to letthemstay.org and go to the column entitled 'Family left living in limbo as suspected 'economic tourists'. Read down the column and you will find this "Pamela is from a very different tribal culture and community in Nigeria than Tony, and she hadn't even heard of FGM before she gave birth to Elizabeth". OK, not only had she not heard of this very common practice, but she hadn't been told about what is a dangerous and commonly practiced tradition in Tony's family? WOW. They mustn't talk to each other very much (although the heart wrenching column tells us how strong their love is). I had a school picked out for my kids months before they were born. I certainly would have told my wife about FGM if she were preganant and I wanted it practiced. I think letting her know about it would only have been fair. Pamela has a son in his late teens and the subject never came up whilst she was pregnant with him? OK. Was the practice not carried out on any of Tony's family members between dating Pamela and giving birth to Elizabeth?

Then we have the big scary army officer who is Tony's father. OK. He has so much power and is a force to be reckoned with. Considering how much embarassment he has caused the government in Nigeria you would think he would be pulled in and have some strong words directed at him. I smell more bull with this one.

Then they moved to an apartment and the in-laws found them. A fight ensued and Tony has the scars on his face to prove it. Oh speaking of scars. Letthemstay.org made mention of Tony's tribe. Speaking of tribes. Many tribes in Africa carry out facial scarring. They think it looks good. I have seen facial scarring in Africa. It's more common than FGM. Women and men scar their faces. Google 'African facial scarring'. Some scarification can involve patterns and some are just straight lines on the cheeks. Some scarification looks a mess. It can be just one straight scar on the cheek.

There is only the account of Pamela regurgitated over and over at letthemstay.org. First we have the fake documents. Then we have the evil in-laws who have said nothing about the case. We haven't even had a photo of the in-laws from Pamela or Tony their son. The Garda investigated the case and reported their findings. Dermot Ahern acted on those findings and it's state racism according to RAR.

I don't think Pamela meant to let things go this far. I think she was scooped up by upstarts like RAR and various other NGO's and they ran like the devil with it. Pamela didn't break the law and run into hiding without help. It looks like Pamela will be deported. What have the dogooders who promoted themselves gained for Pamela? They have made such a big issue of the case of FGM and "state racism" that neither Ireland or Nigeria want her. They have coaxed this woman into embarassing all involved including people in Ireland who took her at her word. Some will still champion Pamela's cause, but I think that is only the few die hards who want to save face. It would be better for all involved it Pamela were repatriated tomorrow. Some will argue that she will now be in danger. Not through FGM, but from people who are unhappy with the nigerian people being portrayed as inhumane savages. All I have to say to the die hard save face brigade is this. You will really save face if you travel to Nigeria and live with Pamela and her family in order to protect them if you think they are in danger. After all you caused all this trouble.

Pretty good post, I wonder will the financial cost of this sham be published after Pamela is deported?

HollyB wrote: »
    Asylum isn't granted or withheld based on what the applicant's home country is like in general (unless there's a war involved), it's about the specific risk of persecution that the applicant faces personally. It is for the applicant to prove a specific risk and, if they are determined to be at risk from persecution and have no recourse within their home country - ie. appeal to official authorities or relocation within the country - they are granted asylum.

This isn't about whether Nigeria is a Utopia, or even about what the Izevbekhai family's economic circumstances are there. It's a question of whether or not they face a significant risk of persecution there, and if their only recourse was to seek asylum in another country.

You're talking about what is 'legal' but I'm talking about what is moral. It is basically wrong to deport children softened by time in the West into sub-Saharan Africa where everybody is persecuted by violence, corruption, poverty and disease.

You're talking about what is 'legal' but I'm talking about what is moral. It is basically wrong to deport children softened by time in the West into sub-Saharan Africa where everybody is persecuted by violence, corruption, poverty and disease.

I don't know whether you are deluded or are just playing the man rather than the topic. In a previous topic you condoned Nigerian 419 scams.

Question: Are you actually condoning these scams??
    Answer: In general I am most certainly.

Link for that is here

Your supposed morals don't seem up to much, I rest my case

rkeane wrote: »
    I don't know whether you are deluded or are just playing the man rather than the topic. In a previous topic you condoned Nigerian 419 scams.

Question: Are you actually condoning these scams??
    Answer: In general I am most certainly.

Link for that is here

Your supposed morals don't seem up to much, I rest my case

lol what equivalence do you find between a poverty stricken person fishing for corrupt fools to scam and the act of a State removing little kids to a hostile and deadly environment? Where is the moral equivalence in these actions? I think your compass is badly broken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

lol what equivalence do you find between a poverty stricken person fishing for corrupt fools to scam
    Spoken like a true 419er. Don't speak of moral compasses when you don't even understand basic morality. The core issue of this case is based on fraud. Forged documents were submitted to the High Court and the Supreme Court and the European Court of Human Rights. The case is up for mention on Thursday and given the way that the mood of the Irish people has changed, it would not bother many to see an immediate dismissal and deportation. It would upset the fanatics in the Letthemstay mob who are trying to reframe the issue to divert the public's attention from the fraud that was perpetrated in the case.

I think that the Sunday Tribune has a piece on some new developments in the case but it is not online yet. There has been a rather deafening silence from the once gullible members of the Irish media and the reportage is becoming more realistic in that it is not taking claims at face value. This case still has the capability to negatively affect the careers of some Irish journalists.

Regards...jmcc

jmcc wrote: »
    The core issue of this case is based on fraud.

On the contrary, the core issue is the poverty and inequality from where the fraud springs. However the Rich never look any further than their own noses, even if you die in the dirt in front of their eyes they will not notice.

Gosh O`Coonasa`s vivid description of Nigerian State,Society and Peoples really does make me pause and reconsider some of my previous thoughts....
    Perhaps I AM wrong in my beliefs ?
    Perhaps Nigeria IS a desertified wasteland with endemic plague,dysentry,malaria,famine and,of course FGM ?

Or perhaps not....All in all,I`ll consider the evidence that is already in the public domain and add it to the bits and pieces I find out for myself about Nigeria,Its Cultures and it`s Peoples (The PLURAL is important here).

At the end of the day perhaps O`Coonasa is correct in thinking ......
    I think your compass is badly broken.
    ,so with that in mind I`ll revert to navigating by my own senses and perhaps the Celestial bodies.....even by those standards I`m very comfortable with returning the Izevbekhai`s to their homeland and keeping close tabs on their adventures thereafter,cos one thing is certain....This Lady and her Family will surface again.

On the contrary, the core issue is the poverty and inequality from where the fraud springs. However the Rich never look any further than their own noses, even if you die in the dirt in front of their eyes they will not notice.

God you make me laugh, the core issue is not poverty in this case, its about fraud

Perhaps in your mind. However back here in Ireland (Planet Earth), the Irish Supreme Court has to deal with the fact that forged documentation was apparently used as the basis for Irish High Court appeals and forged documentation was submitted as the basis for this case. The European Court of Human Rights asked the Irish government to stay the deportation order while it considered whether or not to hear the case. I don't think that you quite appreciate the absolute toxicity of uttering forged documents to the Supreme Court or to ECHR. But then as we have seen from your support of 419er fraudsters earlier in the thread, fraud is acceptable if it achieves your objectives. Somehow I don't think that the Supreme Court and the Irish people see it that way.

Regards...jmcc

jmcc wrote: »
    back here in Ireland (Planet Earth),

I think you'll find the Planet Earth you refer to is far larger than you imagine.

I think you'll find the Planet Earth you refer to is far larger than you imagine.
    Engaging in more sillyness are we.....I think you need to grow up. This discussion is about a woman who has cost the Irish taxpayer nearly half a million euros in a case based on forged documents. It is also about her inevitable forthcoming deportation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

lol what equivalence do you find between a poverty stricken person fishing for corrupt fools to scam and the act of a State removing little kids to a hostile and deadly environment? Where is the moral equivalence in these actions? I think your compass is badly broken.

WTF?!
    Poverty stricken? On a computer, sending e-mails. Yeah, I can see the Trocaire ads now...

...Just one pound a day will allow The rightful heir to the Cambodian throne set up an appropriate website to find 'genuine, loyal peoples who they can utmost trust with their secret financial windfall, that is current sitting in an account with no beneficiary'.... :rolleyes:

Seriously:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeKHCiTBzu4

Did you see how nice his house was?!
    Cars, exercise bikes, leather couches...

Scammers are nothing but f*cking scum. They're not poor unfortunates rebelling against the wealthy. They're lazy sh*ts who are afraid of a decent days work.

Yes, but this is Ireland. And in Ireland we have rules and laws. You don't seem to have any respect for our laws or institutions given the way that you seem to consider the submission of forged documentation to the Irish Supreme Court and the European Court of Human Rights to be acceptable. Uttering forged documentation completely destroys the basis for the case. It has resulted in the legal team for PI coming off the record (removing themselves from the case). But you obviously don't see any problem with submitting forged documentation. The State investigated the claims and submitted affidavits showing that the documentation submitted by PI was forged. The Irish Supreme Court has to deal with that reality rather than your questionable "moral compass".

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement

Are you seriously suggesting that Naomi and Jemima Izevbekhai have been so "softened" by living in one room in a direct provision hostel that life in their parents' "pretty comfortable and spacious" home in Nigeria, complete with "four household maids" would seem harsh by comparison? Or that being dragged to and from the courts, while being cut off from part of their family, would be preferable to them being reunited with their father and brother?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement