Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pamela Izevbekhai - Should She Be Deported?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 irishjohn25

paddy147 wrote: »
    She should be deported,shes a bare faced liar and is now trying to cover her tracks by more unfounded and false claims.And shes also using up my tax and your tax to stay here while shes tries to stay in the country by any means possible.

Im fed up with all this crap in this country.These asylum seekers get away with murder in this country,they get everything handed to them on a plate,the minute the land in this country,yet the hard working genuine irish person get bent over and fcuked over by the govermneant if they do anything wrong in their lives.

She used false/fake documents so noiw she must be kicked out,regardless of having kids or not.

well said paddy147

its the truth. this country is going down the tubes and we have to listen to this crap.

is there any nigerian with the guts to admit that the irish economy is completely ruined and that you are an extra drain on dwindeling resources

thats the truth

and you want us to jump up and down with joy when we see this bitc^ lieing through her teeth, costing the country a small fortune.

why dont you ask the irish people faceing repossession what their opion is on the matter

irish people are terified of the word raceist

im not -

i admire any person who comes to this country to work for a better life - that means paying your way, adding to sociecty

i despise any person who comes to this country to claim every benifit they can so they can sit on their ass's and call us raceisit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Wheely

well said paddy147

its the truth. this country is going down the tubes and we have to listen to this crap.

is there any nigerian with the guts to admit that the irish economy is completely ruined and that you are an extra drain on dwindeling resources

thats the truth

I do agree with you on one thing, its bad enough the country going down the tubes without listening to THIS crap. "Is there any Nigerian with the guts to admit that the Irish economy is completely ruined and that you are an extra drain on dwindling resources?" What sort of question is that? Rhetorical? What if there is? Surely statistically its more than likely? "That's the truth" Eh what exactly is the truth? That they're a drain, that the economy is ruined, that no Nigerian will admit to either or both of these statements. Organise your thoughts man, ugly as they might be.

and you want us to jump up and down with joy when we see this bitc^ lieing through her teeth, costing the country a small fortune.

why dont you ask the irish people faceing repossession what their opion is on the matter

irish people are terified of the word raceist

im not -

Oh this much is clear irishjohn, that said I'm sure most Irish people can spell the word "racist" On the flipside though, I'd go as far as to wager most racists can't. The only thing you know about this "bitch" as you call her, unless you know her personally, can only be what I and everyone else knows. Of course there are people out there who lie and abuse the system, their reasons for doing so aren't uniform and identical across the spectrum. I don't feel i've enough information about this woman to refer to her as a bitch, maybe i'm slower to form opinions than you are. Maybe I'm one of those Irish people who are TERRIFIED of the word RACIST. Who knows.......
    i admire any person who comes to this country to work for a better life - that means paying your way, adding to sociecty

i despise any person who comes to this country to claim every benifit they can so they can sit on their ass's and call us raceisit

You cannot even SPELL society, the proportion of foreign nationals who claim BENEFITS is far less than Irish nationals (are they contributing to society, paying their way) and NOBODY calls ANYBODY a "raceisit" because THAT'S NOT EVEN A WORD!

I'm not commenting either way on the substantive issue being discussed here, I'm merely replying to what I perceive to be a narrow-minded, RACIST badly-thought out post. Just so as anyone else coming along after me can see that not all of us on this wonderful little island (note sarcasm) have the same enlightened opinions as irishjohn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 irishjohn25

another idiot

"i admire any person who comes to this country to work for a better life - that means paying your way, adding to sociecty

i despise any person who comes to this country to claim every benifit they can so they can sit on their ass's and call us raceisit "

that is my position

if you want to call me racist over it go right ahead - i couldnt give a shi^

and i mean what i said - i hate - completly hate and despise people who come here to sit on their ass and live on benifits - that being their original goal - and there are many

but no - racist, racist , racist , racist

go on - wear yourself out - see if i give a ****

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

How exactly does any foreigner come here simply to sit on their arse and claim benefits?

You do realise that without first contributing 2 years worth of PRSI stamps, nobody is entitled to JB?

As for an asylum seeker, they're not allowed to work, so have no choice but to be in the situation they are in.

Your original sentiments are fine, it's the gross generalisations that generally piss people like me off.
    "i admire any person who comes to this country to work for a better life - that means paying your way, adding to sociecty

i despise any person who comes to this country to claim every benifit they can so they can sit on their ass's and call us raceisit "

Your first post essentially made the claim that the only Nigerians here are living off the state... Which is patently untrue.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

This thread has occasionally yielded some excellent debate.

It has also been a platform for some... lesser quality contributions. The latter are tedious and repetitive, and contribute nothing whatsoever other than pointless spleen-venting.

Let's keep the thread interesting, informative and entertaining from now on, shall we?

• Advertisement

another idiot

that is my position

if you want to call me racist over it go right ahead - i couldnt give a shi^

and i mean what i said - i hate - completly hate and despise people who come here to sit on their ass and live on benifits - that being their original goal - and there are many

but no - racist, racist , racist , racist

go on - wear yourself out - see if i give a ****

Im not wearing myself out, I dont spend my time hating and despising unlike yourself. Nor am I an idiot. Your posts are vulgar, heavily laden with profanity, anger, bad grammar and terrible spelling. I dont need you to admit what any right-thinking member of this forum can plainly see. Pathetic response by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Can the Supreme Court decide on Friday to dismiss the case since the submission of forged documentation to the SC and the HC is so fundamental to the case?

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭blueythebear

Mushera wrote: »
    Blueythebear, you seem to have a good handle on the situation!! Is there any chance in your opinion that PI will be deported in the not too distant future? This time next year will she still be an issue and taking up court time? If there is an order to deport issued, who is to say that she will not go into hiding again. It would appear that you can get lots of places by simply refusing to adhere to the laws of the land. We are too soft in Ireland but I believe that this will change - it has to for all our sakes.

Thanks but I'm probably way off base as it's all really guesswork. I don't know anymore than anyone else here about this case.

As for whether she'll still be clogging up the courts system for the next year...I doubt it. I believe that a deportation order has issued against her and the only reason she’s still here is due to the fact that the European Court of Human Rights has requested that Ireland do not act on it. The ECHR are making a decision this week (I think but I could be wrong there) as to whether there is a case worth hearing and if not then Ireland can deport away. I think with all the publicity involved, if a Supreme Court hearing has to take place (depends on whether this new evidence can rebut the States evidence that Elizabeth never existed), it will take place sooner, rather than later. She does not need to be in Ireland for the Supreme Court case anyway and it’s likely that the State will seek to act on the deportation order.

I would say that this publicity has backfired on her as she won’t be able to disappear again as her face is too well known in Ireland. I think that this whole case is a fiasco at this stage. The fact is that this case does not set out any precedents in relation to FGM in asylum cases. It does not shed any new light on FGM in Nigeria. It should not be seen as anything more than an individual isolated case which has gone too far because of the fact that a lot of people believed this woman’s story and took up a struggle on her behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

I believe that a deportation order has issued against her and the only reason she’s still here is due to the fact that the European Court of Human Rights has requested that Ireland do not act on it.
    The State gave an undertaking to the ECHR not to execute the deportation order while they considered the case. However the State submitted its affidavits to the ECHR in March dealing with the forged documentation and other facts. It also notified the ECHR that it would not be seeking a friendly settlement of the case and has asked for its undertaking not to execute the deportation order to be withdrawn. The ECHR wrote to PI and asked for her reply by 29th of April. The case is up for mention before the Supreme Court on 30th April. I don't know if it is of any importance but it is up for mention before the Chief Justice.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭blueythebear

jmcc wrote: »
    The State gave an undertaking to the ECHR not to execute the deportation order while they considered the case. However the State submitted its affidavits to the ECHR in March dealing with the forged documentation and other facts. It also notified the ECHR that it would not be seeking a friendly settlement of the case and has asked for its undertaking not to execute the deportation order to be withdrawn. The ECHR wrote to PI and asked for her reply by 29th of April. The case is up for mention before the Supreme Court on 30th April. I don't know if it is of any importance but it is up for mention before the Chief Justice.

Regards...jmcc

That sounds about right. At least alot more right than my version!

I don't think it's of any significance that it's before the Chief Justice, merely that it's in for mention. There's no point in bringing in 5 judges unless there's a hearing on.

I'll look forward to seeing what goes on on Thursday in the Supreme Court. I'll be there with a 6 pack and an oversized novelty foam pointy finger...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Do we have any information on Tony Izevbekhai's efforts to gain asylum in the UK? What was his case based on?

No Donegalfella,we appear to be a little short on information on the redoubtable Mr Izevbekhai`s UK refugee status application.

I was struck by how little reaction there was on the board to this little tid-bit which, I feel,adds yet more spice,If t`were needed,to this already bubbling cauldron.

This now appears to be a far wider scenario than simply the Izevbekhai Family vs Ireland and its Government.
    I believe that Ireland has somehow been identified by some heavy movers and shakers in the People Trafficking Trade as a vulnerable mark and is now being placed under siege.

If the Government blink on this one case then I fully expect the Industry to move quickly into top-gear and then we`ll know all about the trials and tribulations of running a sweet-shop.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭opo

AlekSmart wrote: »
    I believe that Ireland has somehow been identified by some heavy movers and shakers in the People Trafficking Trade as a vulnerable mark and is now being placed under siege.

I believe the role of traffickers is completely overplayed when applied to wealthy Nigerians as in this case and they use this to their advantage.

As this extract reveals:
    Oluwole Market

The notoriety that is associated with the Oluwole Market in Central Lagos has come to foreshadow the fact that there is more to the whole market than the dubious trade that goes on in a section of the market. Many legitimate commercial activities go on in the market. These include textiles, clothing, shoes and other domestic items.

However, the section that has attracted public opprobrium is known to be a haven of all sorts of illegal activities. It is said that there is no kind of document that can not be forged by the fraudsters who use the place as their operational base. The same section of the market is also notorious for forging or tampering with international passports, fake entry visas of various European as well as other western countries. Bank statements are also piece of cake for them when it comes to having it forged.

http://odili.net/news/source/2006/feb/11/604.html

Doesn't this place sound like the perfect place to get forged death certs, passports etc?

I don't believe we are any more under siege by scheming Nigerians today than we ever were, with the exception of the IBC debacle.

I further believe the role of the mysterious benevolent/malevolent trafficker (none of whom ever appear to be caught or identified) owes more to myth than fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

I don't believe we are any more under siege by scheming Nigerians today than we ever were, with the exception of the IBC debacle.

I further believe the role of the mysterious benevolent/malevolent trafficker (none of whom ever appear to be caught or identified) owes more to myth than fact.

Excellent post opo,and worthy of debate.

We are now in some state of confusion as to the Izevbekhai families actual means and social standing in Nigeria.

Pamela`s initial accounts of being from a well funded "Proffessional" family with maids,swimming pool and associated other fripperies may of course now be taken with a pinch of salt.

There is also now a great deal of uncertainty over the identities of the "In-Laws" who were originally and convienently depicted as connected to the Nigerian Military elite.

So yes opo,perhaps you are correct and Pamela is merely a one trick pony,but I`m still leaning to somebody watching in the background to see how this pans out.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 fraz1971

If there's one thing worse than a racist then it has to be a 'smart arse' who tries to debase someones argument because of poor spelling or grammar.

Maybe our own people would get a better education if we weren't spending so much money on asylum appeals and welfare for foreigners.

Does anything think that maybe Nigeria with all it petro dollars should share the burden of its citizens in Ireland? At least that way some Nigerians would benefit from their massive oil revenues.

fraz1971 wrote: »
    Maybe our own people would get a better education if we weren't spending so much money on asylum appeals and welfare for foreigners.

I call bull**** on that comment. If you really think the education issues faced in Ireland today are caused by money spent on asylum appeals and welfare for foreigners, you're so far out of touch with reality that continuing any sort of debate with you is pointless.

How about you show some figures to back-up this baseless assertion, or retract it. Do you even have the slightest clue what's spent annually on asylum appeals and welfare for foreigners?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭SWL

Mena wrote: »
    I call bull**** on that comment. If you really think the education issues faced in Ireland today are caused by money spent on asylum appeals and welfare for foreigners, you're so far out of touch with reality that continuing any sort of debate with you is pointless.

How about you show some figures to back-up this baseless assertion, or retract it. Do you even have the slightest clue what's spent annually on asylum appeals and welfare for foreigners?

350 Million Twice the cost to run the Dail, that’s an official government figure, thinks its post on this thread a few pages back also. Either way it is lot Money.

For 2008
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/false-claims-help-bill-for-asylum-seekers-to-hit-8364300m-1366632.html

SWL wrote: »
    350 Million Twice the cost to run the Dail, that’s an official government figure, thinks its post on this thread a few pages back also. Either way it is lot Money.

For 2008
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/false-claims-help-bill-for-asylum-seekers-to-hit-8364300m-1366632.html

That is a lot, can't argue that. Will have to find some way to reduce it, for a country this small it's excessive.

I stand by my point though, this has nothing to do with education in Ireland, which appears to be much like the HSE, a money pit black hole.

fraz1971 wrote: »
    If there's one thing worse than a racist the it has to be a 'smart arse' who tries to debase someones argument because of poor spelling or grammar.

I was debasing his argument because of poor spelling, poor grammar, vulgarity and, oh yeah, the fact that it was a poor argument. All valid reasons.

Oh and your totally entitled to your own opinion about which type of person is worse than which etc etc, but me? Well, I'd take a smart-arse over a racist any day. But you keep whatever company you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 fraz1971

I just think it is lousy throwing up someones grammar and spelling. Everyone is entitled to an opinion regardless of their education. Maybe you think that only those of us with third level education are fit for debate?

The word 'racist' has been abused by loons like RAR. I oppose mass immigration, abuse of asylum laws and illegal imigration. If that defines me as 'racist' then so be it. The authorities found no basis for granting asylum in Pamela's case. This is called state racism whilst ignoring the fact that we have already opened the floodgates too widely.

Ireland has taken in refugees before without any objections. This is different. Our laws and liberal attitudes are being abused.

Just because the Dail wastes money it does not mean that all government departments must follow. I pay enough taxes to have a say on where my money goes, and I choose Irish people first. Like it or lump it. If the citizenship referendum is anything to go by 80% of our people agree with me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Wheely and fraz1971, you both appear to be better posters than you're currently being. Pack it in, or you can have a week to cool off.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Mena wrote: »
    I stand by my point though, this has nothing to do with education in Ireland, which appears to be much like the HSE, a money pit black hole.

I have to agree with you Mena, yes the amount spent on this case is huge, but the inefficency of the asylum process simply reflects the bureaurocracy and red tape that clogs up other Govt depts, like education and the HSE.

Using the Pamela Izevbekhai case money to pump into these depts would be throwing good money after bad. I think the key, which has already been mentioned, is reform of the asylum system, to make it fast track. This would prevent cases dragging on as long as this one, creating snags, loopholes and delaying tactics as they go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

jmcc wrote: »
    The Raven. wrote: »
    Meanwhile, who is paying for the new-found 'Nigerian solicitor'?

The answer is, surprisingly, in the Sunday Tribune article:

"Izevbekhai and her husband Tony, who lives in Nigeria following his deportation from the UK when his application for refugee status failed, have now hired a lawyer in Nigeria who is examining the validity of these documents."

Thanks, jmcc, but it was a rhetorical question and hence did not require a reply. Perhaps that wasn’t clear. It was meant in relation to the fact that Ms. Izevbekhai has run up a huge bill at the expense of the Irish taxpayers, yet she and her husband can now afford to hire a ‘solicitor’ in Nigeria.
    I think that the State's affidavits re the forged documentation and the identity of the doctor have already been submitted and accepted by the SC 'de bene esse' (for the time being). It is up to PI to provide evidence that would refute these affidavits. Since PI has already admitted that the documentation was forged, the State wins that round. PI also has to reply to the ECHR by 29th April regarding the submission of forged documentation.
    The Chief Justice said the court would allow in the State’s affidavits de bene esse (for the present), allow Ms Izevebkhai two weeks to reply to those and then, on a date to be fixed, deal both with the State’s application to dismiss and the motion to come off record. He listed the case for mention only on April 30th to update the court.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2009/0404/1224244010307.html

Yes, I suppose we can assume from this that the State did submit the affidavits on that day, although it wasn’t made clear in the article.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

I was in court that day.
    The proceedings began with PI's counsel (Mel Chrystle SC) applying - out of turn - for an adjournment and being firmly refused by the Chief Justice.
    The court moved on to other business for 40 mins or so and then reached PI's turn in the list. Again Chrystle applied for an adjournment and was again rebuffed. SC for the Minister then asked that the new affadavits be entered into evidence and there were some exchanges that I couldn't quite hear but the gist was that her lawyers were jumping ship and that papers had not yet been entered at the SC office - more kerfuffle as to why that was the case when the judges had all read in the meeja that this was likely to happen and that as Senior Counsel Mr Chrystle was in full possession of the relevant facts and should be in a position to deal with the State's application! - More excuses and breast-beating then led to the acceptance of the new docs "de bene esse" and PI was grudgingly given her - albeit short - adjournment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

Thanks, PQ. Well done! It's great to get first hand information from someone who was actually there :)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Mushera

So is anything likely to happen tomorrow? Or will there be more mention and delays but no outcome? Another postponement to a later stage no doubt!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

It amazes me how the "justice" system indulges criminals and asylum seekers, and does not afford decent tax paying citizens the same benefits.

This woman has used up enough of OUR money. It's time for the justice system to tell her to get the hell out of our country. It's not like she's staying here to pay back all of the people who believed her nonsense. She is a leech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 thescruff

IN ONE WORD YES!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Newstalk reporting that the supreme court has granted her another month to get legal represetation. FFS this has gone beyond a joke!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement