Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pamela Izevbekhai - Should She Be Deported?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭rkeane

The Raven. wrote: »
    It was mentioned on Aertel. Nothing yet in the newspapers on line. RTE had the following:

I wonder who will pay the new solicitors. I can't imagine her succeeding at this stage.

Tbh I'd give Cork City a better chance of winning the Champions League over Pamela Izevbekhai avoiding her deserved deportation. Basically she has fecked up her "case" by submitting fake documents, no court is going to look kindly on her case now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Mushera

What does up for mention mean? When is the case to be actually heard and a decision reached?

Mushera wrote: »
    What does up for mention mean? When is the case to be actually heard and a decision reached?

I imagine there will be another quick session on the 28th of May, after that there will be the main event. The state will fast track this for sure, a lot of people are pissed off with the fraudulent behaviour of this woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭johnathan woss

hey O'Coonassa,

Could you post up your home address?

As I was walking to the bus in town today i passed a homeless man.
    He looked like he could really do with a wash, a hot dinner, and somewhere to sleep tonight.
    Oh and some new clothes and a new pair of shoes.

Once you post up your address I'll go back into town, give it to him, and pay his taxi fare out to you out of my own pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

He looked like he could really do with a wash, a hot dinner, and somewhere to sleep tonight.

things like that makes me sick,we look after our outsiders more better than our own people

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

rkeane wrote: »
    Tbh I'd give Cork City a better chance of winning the Champions League over Pamela Izevbekhai avoiding her deserved deportation. Basically she has fecked up her "case" by submitting fake documents, no court is going to look kindly on her case now.

ay now have some faith in the mighty cork city fc:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

hey O'Coonassa,

Could you post up your home address?

Once you post up your address I'll go back into town, give it to him, and pay his taxi fare out to you out of my own pocket.

Just a wee bit sharp perhaps..?

However,given the tenor of O Coonasa`s posts there may be some justification for the comment.
    It`s a moot point however,in that Jonathan Woss`s homeless man might be sent packing were he to be of European Caucasian extraction !

To return to the more relevant aspect however,I am intrigued at the identity of the "New" Legal Reps of Ms Izevbekhai.

I am also curious as to why it has taken this length of time for Brophy Solictors to come on board given that Ms Izevbekhai`s spokespersons were assuring the interested public that a new Legal Team was "waiting in the wings"

The comparison with the Great Agbonlahor case is equally germane as the eventual fate of that family appears to have been less cataclysmic than was being portrayed.

However I would be most surprised if Mssrs Brophys had not learned a great deal from that case and I`m sure they will apply that learning in a manner designed to get maximum exposure for their new client.

It is worth speculating as to whether or not this practice is operating Pro-Bono in this instance or whether Ms Izevbekhai is now in receipt of funds to allow such representation.

In the meantime I remain less than confident that the State will act with any reasonable haste here.
    Unlike many posters here I have a high degree of respect for the abilities of a well organized PR campaign to sway a Politician`s mind and unlike Pamela Izevbekhai I`ve never been invited into Seanad Eireann nor have I had the benefit of a civic reception from a Mayor.....both items which stand to the good in this odd little Republic.... :rolleyes:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Thank god my taxes dont pay for this merry go round any more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Mushera

I would not be so sure that this woman will not be here this time next year. It will be sad for us as a whole if she is but nothing would surprise me. The only thing going against her really is the forged documents. If she manages to string it out long enough she will probably be granted leave to remain. When you accept the fact that there is no justice in this country then whatever happens will not surprise you. She should have been deported long ago, that much is obvious! She wasn't and probably won't be now, whatever she has done. Hey the Elysian Tower in Cork is for the majority unoccupied. The penthouse suite might be suited to Pamela and her husband when he arrives. No doubt the state would be willing to pay for that!!! As for our elderly, some of whom live in apalling conditions, the families who struggle to cope to care for children with special needs, they must continue to make do for themselves! I saw recently a familiy fundraising to buy a machine for rehabilitating people who had spinal injuries - €300,000. We could have two of these machines for what this dishonest and opportunistic woman has cost the Irish people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Serenity Now!

Fred83 wrote: »
    things like that makes me sick,we look after our outsiders more better than our own people

:rolleyes:

Let me guess, they take our women and our jobs and don't look right too, yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭HollyB

Mushera wrote: »
    If she manages to string it out long enough she will probably be granted leave to remain.

Especially with the kids.

There's already a shift towards "they've been here for so long, Ireland is their home", etc, as opposed to straight-forward "they'll be tortured in Nigeria". If they're not deported over the summer holidays - I'd say it could be a bit unrealistic to expect that they'll be deported before the end of the school year - then there'll be tantrums from RAR and their ilk about how cruel it would be to uproot them during the school year, then they won't be able to be deported before Jemima's first communion, and so on.

:rolleyes:

Let me guess, they take our women and our jobs and don't look right too, yeah?

To be honest, I don't think that there's anything unreasonable about expecting that the Irish government should prioritize the needs of Ireland's citizens above the needs of foreigners. I would say that their first duty should be to the Irish.

HollyB wrote: »
    To be honest, I don't think that there's anything unreasonable about expecting that the Irish government should prioritize the needs of Ireland's citizens above the needs of foreigners. I would say that their first duty should be to the Irish.
    Y'see, some people tend to (conveniently) forget that many 'foreigners' here are in fact residents or citizens who contribute as much as any 'Irish'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭johnathan woss

Why are you putting IRISH in quotes ?

Are you saying that being 'Irish' is a figment of our imaginations ?

Why are you putting IRISH in quotes ?

Are you saying that being 'Irish' is a figment of our imaginations ?
    Because I would suspect the poster I was replying to has a different idea of what being Irish means to myself.

I saw recently a familiy fundraising to buy a machine for rehabilitating people who had spinal injuries - €300,000. We could have two of these machines for what this dishonest and opportunistic woman has cost the Irish people.

Quite a pertinent post Mushera,however as evidenced by the recent shift in the LTS campaign from Factual to Vapourous,its likely to be pooh-poohed by those who might "suspect" people of having a different "idea" of what being Irish means.

As you point out Ms Izevbekhai appears first and foremost a dishonest and opportunist individual whose attempts have been caught out.......The fact that she`s not Irish is of little importance to the core of the case...Her lack of ANY suistainable credible case for the protections she has been claiming.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

i think the justice system has failed the irish people too,it is costing them a fortune already,the system like the hse is just a black hole for money,i think they should learn a valuable lesson from this to stop future attempts to hold back on bogus asylum claims deportations

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Quite a pertinent post Mushera,however as evidenced by the recent shift in the LTS campaign from Factual to Vapourous,its likely to be pooh-poohed by those who might "suspect" people of having a different "idea" of what being Irish means
    The money they mention is a mere drop in the ocean compared to that sieved to the Tribunal industry here.
    AlekSmart wrote: »
    As you point out Ms Izevbekhai appears first and foremost a dishonest and opportunist individual whose attempts have been caught out.......The fact that she`s not Irish is of little importance to the core of the case...Her lack of ANY suistainable credible case for the protections she has been claiming.
    Excellently put and would have saved 80% of this thread ever having to be written if any of us had thought to write it like that in the first place :D

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

Of topic but in similar vein:

From todays turbine:

Laos drug woman on voting register despite never living here

Ali Bracken, Crime Correspondent

A young woman facing a possible death sentence if convicted of drug smuggling in Asia is registered to vote in Ireland's up-coming local elections despite the fact her mother claims her daughter never lived here.

Twenty-year-old Samantha Orobator, whose mother Jane and sisters live in north Dublin, was arrested in Laos last August after allegedly being caught with 680g of heroin while trying to board a plane to Thailand. She is being held at the Phonthong prison.

Jane Orobator told the Sunday Tribune that her daughter had been living in the UK since she was eight and had only visited Ireland for holidays over the past 12 years.

Despite this claim, this newspaper has established that she is listed on the Fingal Register of Electors as being resident in the same home as her mother and sisters in Fernleigh, Castleknock.

"She was obviously living at that address at some stage. That register was drawn up about two years ago. All it entitles her to is a vote in the local elections, no benefits or anything like that," said a spokeswoman from Fingal County Council.

"We know she's in jail in south-east Asia but we cannot remove her from the register. She has to fill in a form saying that isn't where she resides. Either she or her mother told the council she was living at that address. She is entitled to vote in the upcoming local elections if she appears to cast her vote."

Twenty-year-old Samantha Orobator, whose mother Jane and sisters live in north Dublin, was arrested in Laos last August after allegedly being caught with 680g of heroin while trying to board a plane to Thailand. She is being held at the Phonthong prison.

That`s a substantial weight of H to be carrying.......

"We know she's in jail in south-east Asia but we cannot remove her from the register. She has to fill in a form saying that isn't where she resides. Either she or her mother told the council she was living at that address. She is entitled to vote in the upcoming local elections if she appears to cast her vote."

Interesting observation,especially as several constituencies are sporting Candidates who make their Non-National status something to merit election to Local Administration.....mind you the native Irish have treated all elections with disdain verging on contempt for so long that few will notice anyway !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

PapaQuebec wrote: »

From todays turbine:

"She was obviously living at that address at some stage. That register was drawn up about two years ago. All it entitles her to is a vote in the local elections, no benefits or anything like that," said a spokeswoman from Fingal County Council.

Hmmmm . . . . I know people who have been removed from the register without signing forms to say that they aren't living there. So that doesn't ring true.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I cant understand how this circus is being allowed to continue for so long,why is it we dont hear of similar cases in Germany etc?

Probably because English is the "First Official Language" of Nigeria ?

This of itself allows many to excuse all forms of Nigerian sourced malarkey as acceptable due to us "Caucasian Middle Class Oppressors" being responsible for the enforced adoption of that langage back in the day ?

The mainland Europeans tend to be somewhat more robust and direct when dealing with such dilemmas..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

Iolar wrote: »
    I cant understand how this circus is being allowed to continue for so long,why is it we dont hear of similar cases in Germany etc?
    Perhaps because many government organs in Ireland suffer from a bad case of bureaucracy? To see an example of this, try phoning or emailing a busy government office such as the GNIB or Entemp. I'd be very surprised if it took 3-6 months to issue a work permit in Germany!
    Too many hoops to jump through, too much passing the buck. I know someone who deals with asylum applications and moans about excessive levels of red tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

A young woman facing a possible death sentence if convicted of drug smuggling in Asia is registered to vote in Ireland's up-coming local elections despite the fact her mother claims her daughter never lived here.

The funny thing is, if she'd made it to Ireland, and the authorities in Laos were seeking her extradition, she'd have a better, more genuine and more believable case for asylum here, than Pamela Izevbekhai.

I was merely wondering why someone would deliberately place her name on the electoral register? With a view to what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

I was merely wondering why someone would deliberately place her name on the electoral register? With a view to what?

very good question PapaQuebec, I wonder is there a possibility there is someone living here under her name ??

off topic, maybe, but food for thought nonetheless.

I didn't really want to start a new thread on the topic is all!

How about keeping on topic guys? This discussion is about the fraudulent asylum claim of Pamela Izevbekhai and "should she be deported".......though I think the latter bit has been answered many times in the affirmative. Only another short while till we get rid of her....I hope.

• Advertisement

rkeane wrote: »
    How about keeping on topic guys? This discussion is about the fraudulent asylum claim of Pamela Izevbekhai and "should she be deported".......though I think the latter bit has been answered many times in the affirmative. Only another short while till we get rid of her....I hope.

At this point, I think that until the Izevbekhai family are actually on a plane bound for Nigeria, we can't be sure of the outcome of their case. At least now the political types who supported Pamela can withdraw their support without loss of face, in the aftermath of the revelations about the forged documents, and the serious doubt cast over whether Elizabeth Izevbekhai actually existed in the first place, let alone died under the circumstances Pamela has claimed. Just because they took her story at face value at first, it doesn't oblige them to continue to believe it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement