Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pamela Izevbekhai - Should She Be Deported?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭HollyB

EF wrote: »
    It would be a sad state of affairs if our asylum system became even more of a game for con artists trying to push their luck and test every nook and cranny, before the State is forced to fork out money deporting them, which could be much better spent elsewhere, rather than being a system which grants protection to those genuinely in need of it.

I'd say that we're going to have that problem as long as people are willing to abuse the asylum system.

Anybody who is truly worried about the plight of genuine asylum seekers should be absolutely furious with Pamela Izevbekhai and with everybody who tries to manipulate the asylum system in order to use it as a back door for economic migration. Those who abuse the asylum system make it more difficult for those who are genuinely in need of sanctuary from persecution to find refuge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

jmcc wrote: »
    I have. And I've read a lot more than one.

There is a rather uncomfortable truth for happy-clappies such as yourself that slavery existed for thousands of years - in Africa, Europe, and the Americas. Africans were enslaving each other just as it went on elsewhere in the world. Some of the great ports in Africa were heavily based on slavery and it was Africans enslaving other Africans as the basis of this commerce. History, you will find, is rarely as clear cut as a simple Sunday magazine article.

Even in your heart you know slavery is against The Law but you are arguing because it existed and exists that some how that makes it right. History you will find, is nothing but a monkey creeping out of the jungle. We've lost the tails but not the attitudes :o
    Societies expand and they require resources. They either acquire these resources by trade or by conquest. You can see the same patterns throughout history. It is the history of the Human race rather than the happy-clappy, let's all be friends view of history. It is frequently bloody, often nasty, and the product of a ruthless quest for survival.

Baboons expand and require resources. They either aquire these resources by sharing or by conquest. You can see the same retarded cycle throughout History. Comes a point where an ape has to say to itself that the whole monkey behavoiur has to come to end or we as a species will come to an end. Logic dictates, it's for the best really...but if you want to behave like a baboon you should get a banana republic :rolleyes:
    Neo-colonialism? So it is ok to have the Chinese take over African resources but the nasty Europeans and Americans have to be kept out at all costs? Even the phrase "neo-colonialism" reeks of 1970s Marxist-Leninist "thinking".

Neo-colonialism is wrong no matter which of the monkeys are chewing up the ecosphere to make baubles to sell to bauble loving consumer monkeys. I'm libertarian I believe in liberty and I believe in Humanity, that's what the use of the phrase is at.
    So what does the CAP have to do with a bogus asylum seeker and an Irish court case?

:DThe CAP is bogus nonsense from bogus apes that are given to calling themselves European. But the bogusness of their bogus stuctures far outweighs the bogusness of individuals who have to dodge to avoid such bogus structures in order to attain their freedom from something as simple as having to suffer seriously all their short lives.
    A European is a resident of a well defined set of nations each with their own history. These are societies based on laws created by their own people. You evidently do not respect those laws or those societies or those people.

Apes ought to stop behaving like apes and start behaving like humans with Humanity IMO. The defined set of nations with their own nationalisms, all the same monkey propaganda about the 'out-group'. :pac:

hahahaha do you think our ancient ancestors could just wander into other tribes territories and live there as they saw fit ?

If a woman and two children had sneaked into another tribe's territory thousands of years ago do you or do you not think they would have been fed and given free accomoadtion, education and healthcare ?

aha funny, are you still thinking like a monkey from thousands of years ago?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭opo

HollyB wrote: »
    Perhaps they intend the asylum system to confer more rights than simply permission to reside in Ireland, for those who would choose to arrive as asylum seekers even if the borders are open to all comers.

Should the borders be opened, maybe the plan is that, while most immigrants will just have the right to come to Ireland and to work here, those who seek asylum will have the right to be accommodated and provided for by the state - though apparently not in direct provision centres, according to the Cork Anti Racist Network (https://www.indymedia.ie/article/90738) - as well as provided with free third level education at the expense of the taxpayers of Ireland.

OK, but you are leaping ahead and suggesting that not all immigrants would have rights to enter here freely and that individuals seeking asylum would have additional rights. In other words, a border would be in effect.

I am referring to the open borders scenario that O'Coonassa wants ie the right to go anywhere he pleases on his planet.

(Mind you, given his last few posts - I am not sure where that planet is)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

O'Coonassa wrote: »
    Even in your heart you know slavery is against The Law but you are arguing because it existed and exists that some how that makes it right.
    I have stated that slavery existed and has existed for thousands of years. That is historical fact. I pointed out some of the problems with your simplistic interpretation of history but I did not comment on the immorality of slavery. Your rubbish about "The Law" is merely a crude attempt to avoid having to provide evidence or facts for your claims - not unlike a certain bogus asylum seeker.
    History you will find, is nothing but a monkey creeping out of the jungle. We've lost the tails but not the attitudes
    So does merely trying to immitate my sentences make you as smart as me? Perhaps in your own mind it makes you a genius on a par with Einstein or Leonardo DaVinci and is a display of wit that would make Oscar Wilde jealous.
    Comes a point where an ape has to say to itself that the whole monkey behavoiur has to come to end or we as a species will come to an end.
    No. The whole concept of "us" and "our's" is deeply encoded at a biological level in most species. Humans are not an exception. It is our better nature that allows us to overcome such primal instincts and co-exist. The danger is when a society or group of humans consider that they are being threatened by an unwanted incursion on their territory. Then, humans turn in to one of Nature's most efficient killing machines. And all that good and evil exists in every human. Societies are a way of lessening the impact of such tendencies and they are based on laws - laws that they create to maintain stability and peaceful co-existence.
    I'm libertarian I believe in liberty and I believe in Humanity, that's what the use of the phrase is at.
    I don't think that you are a libertarian, even with a small 'L'. Perhaps the Libertarians on the thread could explain that Libertarianism goes far beyond a simplistic and cargo-cultish belief in "liberty".

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement

I have stated that slavery existed and has existed for thousands of years. That is historical fact. I pointed out some of the problems with your simplistic interpretation of history but I did not comment on the immorality of slavery. Your rubbish about "The Law" is merely a crude attempt to avoid having to provide evidence or facts for your claims - not unlike a certain bogus asylum seeker.

Ah you can try and wriggle off the hook but I slagged the industrial scale European slave trade and you started warbling about how slavery has always existed. Your intention in doing so was a fairly clear attempt to negate the importance of the trade. The Law isn't rubbish at all, it's been with us a long time.
    So does merely trying to immitate my sentences make you as smart as me? Perhaps in your own mind it makes you a genius on a par with Einstein or Leonardo DaVinci and is a display of wit that would make Oscar Wilde jealous.

lol surely nobody could possibly be a 'smart as you', imitation is the sincerest form of flattery you know? :D
    No. The whole concept of "us" and "our's" is deeply encoded at a biological level in most species. Humans are not an exception. It is our better nature that allows us to overcome such primal instincts and co-exist. The danger is when a society or group of humans consider that they are being threatened by an unwanted incursion on their territory. Then, humans turn in to one of Nature's most efficient killing machines. And all that good and evil exists in every human. Societies are a way of lessening the impact of such tendencies and they are based on laws - laws that they create to maintain stability and peaceful co-existence.

Whose territory? 'Us' and 'ours' are ape concepts that long ago used to be based on actual genetic inter-relatedness. Nationalism has taken that instinct and twisted it, it's a makey uppy perversion that was framed at the behest of the powerful. The grouping is now imaginary, existing without direct blood-ties and requiring a constant stream of propaganda to uphold the illusion. If I can include you in the group I can I include anybody.

I don't think that you are a libertarian, even with a small 'L'. Perhaps the Libertarians on the thread could explain that Libertarianism goes far beyond a simplistic and cargo-cultish belief in "liberty".

Regards...jmcc

Perhaps they could, let's see if they believe in liberty for humanity or just for some makey uppy sub-set and then we can argue about who's the libertarian. The fathers of the American Revolution kept their slaves so it's plain to see that some can pay lip-service to liberty and not believe in at at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭suspectpackage

How many people here have been to Nigeria? I haven't but I imagine it is not a nice place to live at all. I would be surprised if anyone on this forum could last one year living in Nigeria, I'd say that the differences between living in Nigeria and Ireland are immense.

This is something to think about before we say she should be thrown back home.

While I agree that she is a scumbag for pulling the cons she has pulled, and probably should be sent back on merit, it's worth remembering that Nigeria is probably HELL to live in and faced with that prospect, even the most honest of us would try underhand tactics to save ourselves from that life.

Are you Irish? I ask that question because the spelling of your nick is rather curious - as if it is spelled phonetically. I have never heard of the people who died in the Famine referred to by Irish people as "our Ancestors". Indeed the phrase suggest some kind of massive disconnect as if you are talking about people with whom you have nothing in common. The immediate identification of what you refer to as "our Ancestors" would narrowly be "the Irish people" or on a wider basis "Irish Catholics". Many would consider them as relatives who died rather than "our Ancestors". Referring to them by your term is just a completely alien way of thinking. There is a continuity of thought in Irish history of a place and people that defines us as a society and as a nation. It is the quintessential "We Irish". That's why I find your phrase more like one that you found in a rather dry history of Ireland.

I'm from Earth :D But if you knew Irish culture anyways well you'd know who Bonaparte O'Coonassa is. As for the famine, I didn't mention it, so what does that make you look like? If I had mentioned it I wouldn't have used the word Ancestors to refer to it's victims because you can't be descended from dead people. I've lived in places where people have great respect for the Ancestors, not a bad thing at all really. They stretch back all the way to the Rift Valley and only more recently became labelled 'Irish' or 'European'.

Ah you can try and wriggle off the hook but I slagged the industrial scale European slave trade and you started warbling about how slavery has always existed.
    So here you are arguing with yourself and winning? The slave trade supplied the USA, and Africa as well. But to your right-on simpleton mind, it was only those nasty Europeans who were at fault.
    Your intention in doing so was a fairly clear attempt to negate the importance of the trade.
    No. It was a futile attempt to explain to an idiot that it was not a recent invention and that it had existed for thousands of years.
    The Law isn't rubbish at all, it's been with us a long time.
    It is rubbish. It is merely a mental crutch for someone who really can't support an argument with fact or evidence.
    Whose territory? 'Us' and 'ours' are ape concepts that long ago used to be based on actual genetic inter-relatedness.
    More rubbish. Your use of "apes" and "baboons" would ordinarily be taken as an insult here but I tend to err on the side of caution and consider you a fool who can't argue like a grown-up. Territoriality is found in most species. It is not a specific trait of primates.
    Perhaps they could, let's see if they believe in liberty for humanity or just for some makey uppy sub-set and then we can argue about who's the libertarian. The fathers of the American Revolution kept their slaves so it's plain to see that some can pay lip-service to liberty and not believe in at at all.
    So you don't really have much of a clue about Libertarianism then? Here's some help:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarianism

Regards...jmcc

I'm from Earth
    There are some who would wonder. I asked if you were Irish.
    But if you knew Irish culture anyways well you'd know who Bonaparte O'Coonassa is.
    I can't say that I've ever read the book. So, since you are so happy to insult Europeans and Irish people by calling them "apes" and "baboons", are you Irish? And why do you support bogus asylum seekers instead of those who really need asylum?

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭johnathan woss

aha funny, are you still thinking like a monkey from thousands of years ago?:P

Is that your way of saying you were wrong when you said "Clearly the other law that surrounds the imaginary makey uppy borders is just made up nonsense aimed at keeping the poor down South and stopping all of us from freely wandering our Earth. It cuts against The Law." ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭johnathan woss

How many people here have been to Nigeria? I haven't but I imagine it is not a nice place to live at all. I would be surprised if anyone on this forum could last one year living in Nigeria, I'd say that the differences between living in Nigeria and Ireland are immense.

This is something to think about before we say she should be thrown back home.

While I agree that she is a scumbag for pulling the cons she has pulled, and probably should be sent back on merit, it's worth remembering that Nigeria is probably HELL to live in and faced with that prospect, even the most honest of us would try underhand tactics to save ourselves from that life.

Well I do not agree with your opinion of Nigeria at all. And I'm surprised O'Coonassa thanked you seeing as he claims to have lived in Africa and to have many African friends. I wonder if they would be happy to hear people say that nigeria is probably HELL ?

If you are correct about Nigeria though, and it is HELL to live there, then exactly how many Nigerians should we let into Ireland ?

1 million, 2 million, 3 million, 10 million ? ......

If we let in enough then Ireland will simply become Nigeria, no?, only colder....

So here you are arguing with yourself and winning? The slave trade supplied the USA, and Africa as well. But to your right-on simpleton mind, it was only those nasty Europeans who were at fault.

But I was talking of Europeans and their historical propensity to not treat poorer and less developed peoples in a reasonable and fair manner. Some things don't change I was saying.
    No. It was a futile attempt to explain to an idiot that it was not a recent invention and that it had existed for thousands of years.

It never existed on an industrial scale until it was encouraged and developed by Europeans. If you can't see the difference between traditional forms of slavery and what was done to supply the colonies of the new world then your moral compass is broken.
    It is rubbish. It is merely a mental crutch for someone who really can't support an argument with fact or evidence.

No it's not rubbish, it's The Law. It existed before we could even write.
    More rubbish. Your use of "apes" and "baboons" would ordinarily be taken as an insult here but I tend to err on the side of caution and consider you a fool who can't argue like a grown-up. Territoriality is found in most species. It is not a specific trait of primates.

lol you're the one out and out calling me a fool, a child and an idiot but somehow you're the one who's considering being insulted. :D Funny, so "grown-up" to argue in such a manner. You seem to be saying we're no better than even the lower orders below primates. When I hear people like yourself expounding nonsense I'm inclined to agree but I know real Humans who're better than monkeys.
    So you don't really have much of a clue about Libertarianism then? Here's some help:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarianism

Regards...jmcc

From your wiki link, a definition from the IEP.

"Libertarians are committed to the belief that individuals, and not states or groups of any other kind, are both ontologically and normatively primary; that individuals have rights against certain kinds of forcible interference on the part of others; that liberty, understood as non-interference, is the only thing that can be legitimately demanded of others as a matter of legal or political right; that robust property rights and the economic liberty that follows from their consistent recognition are of central importance in respecting individual liberty; that social order is not at odds with but develops out of individual liberty; that the only proper use of coercion is defensive or to rectify an error; that governments are bound by essentially the same moral principles as individuals; and that most existing and historical governments have acted improperly insofar as they have utilized coercion for plunder, aggression, redistribution, and other purposes beyond the protection of individual liberty."

It seems you don't actually understand what that means.

There are some who would wonder. I asked if you were Irish.

I can't say that I've ever read the book. So, since you are so happy to insult Europeans and Irish people by calling them "apes" and "baboons", are you Irish? And why do you support bogus asylum seekers instead of those who really need asylum?

Regards...jmcc

By saying I'm from Earth I'm saying I'm not Irish. However my pass book, my parents and the place and culture in which I was raised all have that label. I grew out of it :) I'm happy to insult apes whatever group they think they belong to. I support anybody who wants to move around our planet to find work. It's not at all 'bogus' for people to try to do this, it's our God given right.

But I was talking of Europeans and their historical propensity to not treat poorer and less developed peoples in a reasonable and fair manner. Some things don't change I was saying.
    And it only confirms you rather simplistic European bad - Others good simpleton view of history that insists on judging ancient societies by modern mores rather than examining these societies in the context of their times.
    It never existed on an industrial scale until it was encouraged and developed by Europeans.
    And of course the part played by Africans in the slavery system is conveniently ignored in your view of history.
    No it's not rubbish, it's The Law. It existed before we could even write.
    It does not exist. It is rubbish. It is just your own construct that enables you to evade providing facts and evidence.

lol you're the one out and out calling me a fool, a child and an idiot but somehow you're the one who's considering being insulted.
    I called you a fool because I think you are a fool. You are acting like one by insulting everyone here and when challenged you resort to stupidity hiding behind such fanciful constructs of "The Law" as if you thought you were Judge Dredd.
    You seem to be saying we're no better than even the lower orders below primates.
    Instincts like territoriality are common to many species. They are encoded at a biological level.
    When I hear people like yourself expounding nonsense
    Considering the rubbish you come out with to defend your position, I'm surprised you could tell what is nonsense and what is sense.

Regards...jmcc

. I support anybody who wants to move around our planet to find work. It's not at all 'bogus' for people to try to do this, it's our God given right.
    It would seem that you don't understand the fundamental difference between an economic migrant and an asylum seeker. This thread is about a bogus asylum seeker who is abusing the asylum process. The money wasted on this abuse of the legal process could quite easily have been used to save lives.

Regards...jmcc

And it only confirms you rather simplistic European bad - Others good simpleton view of history that insists on judging ancient societies by modern mores rather than examining these societies in the context of their times.

But what I'm saying is that the unreasonableness isn't confined to 'ancient' times. It persists to the modern era, that was the whole point of stating what I stated.
    And of course the part played by Africans in the slavery system is conveniently ignored in your view of history.

Not in the slightest, I get great entertainment value out of slagging my mates in Africa over just this very issue. It's just that it isn't at all relevant to the European wrongs that we were discussing.
    It does not exist. It is rubbish. It is just your own construct that enables you to evade providing facts and evidence.

What facts do you want? Every social mammal has it's law written on it's heart by instinct. Without the law their societies and cultures would never have arisen. They'd have disintegrated as soon as they set out. Morality isn't just an abstract concept, it's The Law.
    I called you a fool because I think you are a fool. You are acting like one by insulting everyone here and when challenged you resort to stupidity hiding behind such fanciful constructs of "The Law" as if you thought you were Judge Dredd.

lol you dragged the little invented laws of elites into this and I countered that there is older and more important Law. I haven't insulted anybody unless you think that calling apes apes is an insult.
    Instincts like territoriality are common to many species. They are encoded at a biological level.

Yeah and you can argue the same about violence and rape. Doesn't make them right though does it? Doesn't mean we can't escape them or shouldn't try.
    Considering the rubbish you come out with to defend your position, I'm surprised you could tell what is nonsense and what is sense.

Touché lol In the future, if our species survives your thinking, you'll be ridiculed as a primitive for having held and entertained the notions you cling to.

It would seem that you don't understand the fundamental difference between an economic migrant and an asylum seeker. This thread is about a bogus asylum seeker who is abusing the asylum process. The money wasted on this abuse of the legal process could quite easily have been used to save lives.

It would seem that you haven't quite grasped that anybody escaping from where their average life expectancy would be in their 30's or 40's is always both an asylum seeker and an economic migrant. What money has been wasted has been wasted by people who think like you.

Morality isn't just an abstract concept, it's The Law.
    Rubbish! Morality is flexible and its definition changes over the years and often differs from society to society. It is always used as a tool by those who don't want to think for themselves and wish to control and oppress others. But then any true Libertarian would be aware of such arguments.

And as for your economic migrants - some of them are just in search of the economic benefits of an EU social welfare system. If they were intent on seeking work and contributing to society, such economic migration not be such a problem. This thread concerns the case of a bogus asylum seeker who has used forged documentation and evidence. It is not about your happy-clappy "One World" view. How many lives could have been saved by the money wasted by this case - or does this matter to you?

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

she should NOT be deported at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Rubbish! Morality is flexible and its definition changes over the years and often differs from society to society.

Examples? Murder is murder, always has been, the Law is the same from ever since. Whether a society does or doesn't recognise that fact isn't the issue. Some societies, especially since we invented agriculture have been very messed up and perverse.
    It is always used as a tool by those who don't want to think for themselves and wish to control and oppress others. But then any true Libertarian would be aware of such arguments.

Please, which of us is very clearly arguing for control and oppression of other human beings? Not me anyway.
    And as for your economic migrants - some of them are just in search of the economic benefits of an EU social welfare system. If they were intent on seeking work and contributing to society, such economic migration not be such a problem. This thread concerns the case of a bogus asylum seeker who has used forged documentation and evidence. It is not about your happy-clappy "One World" view. How many lives could have been saved by the money wasted by this case - or does this matter to you?

As I say, the responsibility for the money wasted lies with people such as yourselfish who wanted to persue some woman seeking a better life for her kids. Same heads behind the CAP and a whole host of other anti-human baby killing initiatives. The woman in this case could all along have been working and contributing. Instead her and all others fleeing from there to here are forced onto social security and not allowed to work. You keep using the word 'bogus' but it's your world view and the system you favour that's 'bogus'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭paddyboy23

a person who talks sense donegalfella

Examples? Murder is murder, always has been, the Law is the same from ever since.
    Rubbish! Human sacrifice, killing enemy prisoners, raiding - these were all moral things at one time.
    Whether a society does or doesn't recognise that fact isn't the issue.
    Here we go with the moral relativism then? You decide in your own mind what is right and wrong and therefore societies should follow you.
    Please, which of us is very clearly arguing for control and oppression of other human beings? Not me anyway.
    Actually you are. You are trying to impose your simpleton views on societies and want them to accept them despite the fact if they are carried to their logical conclusion would destroy both the societies and the emigrant.
    As I say, the responsibility for the money wasted lies with people such as yourselfish who wanted to persue some woman seeking a better life for her kids.
    Nonsense. It was lawyers and others with their own agenda (LTS/RAR) that have wasted Irish taxpayers' money.
    Same heads behind the CAP and a whole host of other anti-human baby killing initiatives.
    Really? They do get around, don't they.
    The woman in this case could all along have been working and contributing.
    More rubbish. If she was such a great economic asset then wouldn't she be working in Nigeria? It is not like Ireland needs more bankers.
    You keep using the word 'bogus' but it's your world view and the system you favour that's 'bogus'.
    Your happy-clappy rubbish doesn't cut it here. The first duty of a country and society is to its citizens and members. She is a bogus asylum seeker. Her case has been found to be without merit on multiple appeals. She was supposed to be deported but broke the law and absconded. The money wasted on this case could have saved lives - but that's irrelevant to happy-clappies like yourself who seek to impose their own warped view of reality on those of us who have to pay for it all.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

There remains a significant number of people who appear remarkably willing to portray Nigeria as some form of awful disease ridden stinking hell-hole.....not that Ireland is totally free from those either,however if we are in the business of granting asylum on the basis of how nice one`s country is then replace the word NIGERIA with the word CONGO and perhaps consider why we see so few Asylum applicants from that country.... :(

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

Rubbish! Human sacrifice, killing enemy prisoners, raiding - these were all moral things at one time.

And still are with some groupings, but the mass of Humanity has always known such things to be wrong, and our entire stretch of history and march of progress has been a very clear and definite moving away from and avoidance of such Babylonian horrors.
    Here we go with the moral relativism then? You decide in your own mind what is right and wrong and therefore societies should follow you.

No, no moral relativism, what is right and wrong relies on the universal and objective moral truths of our species.
    Actually you are. You are trying to impose your simpleton views on societies and want them to accept them despite the fact if they are carried to their logical conclusion would destroy both the societies and the emigrant.

Nope, you were arguing for control of the free movement of Humanity across the Earth. There's the control freakery. If we follow your thinking to its logical conclusion you are effectively arguing that throughout the penal times and the 19th century ecerybody would have left this island to seek a better life elsewhere. But they didn't, they hated to leave forever the same as anybody would. Your doom-mongering that immigration will destroy societies and emigrants is without foundation. They're only coming for the money to send home, hate the weather and hate the culture. Most Africans in the west desire to get home with a bit of money behind them, that is all.
    Nonsense. It was lawyers and others with their own agenda (LTS/RAR) that have wasted Irish taxpayers' money.

No, people like you called in the lawyers and wasted my tax and moreover didn't give the woman the opportunity to work in order to offset the ridiculous cost.
    Really? They do get around, don't they.

Indeed they do but if we can't rub them out our species is finished on this planet.
    More rubbish. If she was such a great economic asset then wouldn't she be working in Nigeria? It is not like Ireland needs more bankers.

What a silly thing to say. You can even be a doctor or a politician in Africa and not get paid as much as one of our dole heads. Ireland has a large financial services sector, even in these times they're still taking on staff. Let the best man or woman win the contract.
    Your happy-clappy rubbish doesn't cut it here. The first duty of a country and society is to its citizens and members. She is a bogus asylum seeker. Her case has been found to be without merit on multiple appeals. She was supposed to be deported but broke the law and absconded. The money wasted on this case could have saved lives - but that's irrelevant to happy-clappies like yourself who seek to impose their own warped view of reality on those of us who have to pay for it all.

The first duty of a Human is to Humanity. Anybody who swears allegiance to anything less is a traitor to it. You can repeat the word 'bogus' as often as you like but it doesn't make the system you favour any less inhumane.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

And still are with some groupings, but the mass of Humanity has always known such things to be wrong,
    No they have not.
    No, no moral relativism, what is right and wrong relies on the universal and objective moral truths of our species.
    Don't tell me, an ex-Arts/Philosophy student who's ended up with an NGO?
    Nope, you were arguing for control of the free movement of Humanity across the Earth.
    That would be a good thing considering how some migrations can destroy environments.
    If we follow your thinking to its logical conclusion
    You haven't a clue about what I think. All you have is what you think and therefore you project the antithesis of your mindset on others in that it is simply you are right and everyone else is wrong.
    Your doom-mongering that immigration will destroy societies and emigrants is without foundation.
    The competition for limited resources can end up destroying both societies and countries.
    They're only coming for the money to send home, hate the weather and hate the culture. Most Africans in the west desire to get home with a bit of money behind them, that is all.
    And with that you have just destroyed your argument for PI and why she should not be deported.
    No, people like you called in the lawyers and wasted my tax
    If I recall correctly, it was PI's endless appeals that wasted the money. But then don't let little things like the truth get in the way.
    Indeed they do but if we can't rub them out our species is finished on this planet.
    That's a strangely inhumane attitude to fellow human beings, isn't it? Is the mask slipping? You want to kill all bankers/lawyers/politicians. Does this include PI or does she get some special dispensation in your warped reality?
    The first duty of a Human is to Humanity. Anybody who swears allegiance to anything less is a traitor to it.
    So are you a Stalinist or a Marxist or a Leninist communist? Anyone who is a banker/lawyer/politician does not, in your mind, qualify as a human being and can therefore be eliminated?
    You can repeat the word 'bogus' as often as you like but it doesn't make the system you favour any less inhumane.
    I'm not the one advocating killing people because of their profession.

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Most Africans in the west desire to get home with a bit of money behind them, that is all.

Pity one that did have some money behind them did not stay there.

• Advertisement

You haven't a clue about what I think.

Oh but I do, you've been saying what you think.
    I'm not the one advocating killing people because of their profession

And it's largely overblown reactionary nonsense. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement