Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car is a wobbling!!! :eek:

Options
  • 25-03-2008 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Ok, so had to get new rear tyres on my accord, so called into my local tyre place the other day, had them put my current fronts which are 3months old onto the back of the car, and two new tyres onto the front.

Everythin seems to be fine, but on the drive home i felt this wobble every so often, esp going round corners. It was a very windy day so thought it was that. Now this week im driving alot, and ive noticed that there is a serious wobble with the car. Is not a shaking that would indicate that the wheels need balancing. Its more the i go round a corner, i straighten up, then the car may wobble once or twice then drive on straight with a slight wobble every 6or7 secs.

There is a slight pull to the left so the alignment is prob out, as its def not the camber of the road.

Anyone got ideas what could be causing this??:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Loose wheel? Easy to check!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Jaysus, ya should of gone for a 2.4 6 speed....

...sorry, check that the tyres are the right inflation, 30psi, check for uneven wear and damage to the track rods / suspension arms.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

mike65 wrote: »
    Loose wheel? Easy to check!

Mike.

bloody hope not, ive been doin alot of miles last two days, so best to jack up each wheel and check em then

Volvoboy wrote: »
    Jaysus, ya should of gone for a 2.4 6 speed....

-VB-

Are ya on commission for honda mate ;)

Well ive checked PSI on sunday and it was fine. and ive no idea how to check the track rods but car was serviced two weeks ago, and brake pads were changed so the mechanic should ave spotted that. (Hopefully)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Are ya on commission for honda mate ;)

Well ive checked PSI on sunday and it was fine. and ive no idea how to check the track rods but car was serviced two weeks ago, and brake pads were changed so the mechanic should ave spotted that. (Hopefully)

:D no, only messin, if there were any decent they'd have checked for any damage on a service, did ya check to see it the wheels are tight?

• Advertisement

Volvoboy wrote: »
    :D no, only messin, if there were any decent they'd have checked for any damage on a service, did ya check to see it the wheels are tight?

well i check one wheel there, then got some dinner, then the gravitational pull of boards.ie caught me. :rolleyes:

ill check the others now and nip into service station to check psi in the mornin when the tyres are cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

maybe the wheels wern't balanced?:confused:

Plug wrote: »
    maybe the wheels wern't balanced?:confused:

the front two were def balanced, not sure about the ones on the back (which i got switched from the front) as i was chattin to a guy i knew who was there too and didnt see them done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭tippbhoy

did the hubs from the back get moved to the front. Possibly a buckle :confused:

tippbhoy wrote: »
    did the hubs from the back get moved to the front. Possibly a buckle :confused:

there 17" alloys, and the alloys from the back, were then used on the front with new tyres.

• Advertisement

well started to rain, but i got two wheels checked and they were on tight, so ill have to check to others tomorrow

Advertisement