Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uniteds Current Squad (Ronaldo, Nani etc etc)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Tauren wrote: »
    Arsenal, 4-2 win. Arsenal FACup final, yeah we lost but he was AMAZING. Liverpool on Rio's return, he tore liverpool's left side apart that night.

i said the exact same thing and i was cut down too. face it, this lad starts a thread, thinks that because of this, he can deny everybody their right of opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I don't see how somebody could be the best footballer in the world without performing

depends really

what would people class "best" as? most effective? or the player with the most talent? or a cross between the 2?

there are more talented, skillful, versatile, and intelligent players than ronaldo. there are players who perform in more big games than him. There are players better at distributing the ball and awareness of team mates. But what ronaldo has over everyone else, is that he uses exactly what he has to its maximum potential and its working amazingly, the guy is a phenomenon

as ive said, theres no player in the world id rather have in my team, but do i think hes the best football player in the world? no

simple as that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

woooo232 wrote: »
    Why is it too much to ask that the supposed best player in the world shows his amazing talent and bosses games against big teams?? I cant believe that Liverpool fans in particular are so easily won over by the hype machine.

+1

I didn't realise people were so easily swayed by the likes of Keys and Redknapp.

There is no doubt in my mind he is the best in England right now but to be regarded as the best in the world requires him to do it in major games outside of England.

Some people on this thread want to pretend that he wasn't totally outclassed by Gattuso last season in the Champions League.

Let him prove his class in Europe as Best once did before we proclaim him the greatest on the planet because he scores against the likes of Bolton and Derby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

He's bloody effective at dismantling rubbish teams, that's for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Also, since when did Ronaldinho drop out of the best player in the world debate. better than messi IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Also, since when did Ronaldinho drop out of the best player in the world debate. better than messi IMO

since he stopped performing pretty much, he'll be back up there if he gets his act together tho im sure

But surely by your logic he should be at the top or right beside it. After all, he has only stopped "performing"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Some people on this thread want to pretend that he wasn't totally outclassed by Gattuso last season in the Champions League.

Its kinda annoying how people keep refering to this game. Is it the sole example of him not performing against a "big team". (I know more will be mentioned now :D).

But milan as a team dominated united as a team. I keep hearing oh but keane against juve, but the fact is that united were always in that game as a team. Same applies to kaka, milan are rarely dominated as a team and when they are e.g. Arsenal then Kaka doesnt perform.

Gattuso was a CM anyway, as mentioned before its easier to shine in the center as opposed to the wing where you're completely dependant on others.

Is there any examples of games he hasnt shown up in this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Liverpool at Anfield.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Liverpool at Anfield.

no player actually stood out that day. ronaldo had 1 moment of brilliance in that game that should have resulted in a goal, . gerrard and torres hardly got a kick all day, they offered nothing what so ever.

if ronaldo scores on sunday, will people say he is the best player in the world? i dont think so, people will just keep judging him and looking for other excuses. personally, i think he will score, but it makes f**k all difference as whether he does or not, he will still be the best player in the world IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Indeed. Ferdinand completely dominated Torres that match for example. Playing the top teams generally means playing a higher quality opposition and this obviously has a knock on effect of making it harder to shine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

He's the best player in the world along with Kaka...

But he has a long long way to go before we can class him " a phenomenon " like Zidane etc....

I can understand why people dont want to call him " the best player in the world" because they are used to insanely good players like Zidane,Van Basten etc being the so called best in the world...

He's at the same level Henry was in the unbeaten season imo, a beast and incredible to watch, but that didnt stop Henry flopping in the latter stages of the Champions League, Euro's and the World Cup 2 years later...

Same/probably will happen Ronaldo...

In that he will do it all the way up to the Semi's, but when the pressure is really on and your team is on the verge of being knocked out, he might not be able to make the difference...

Something the best of the best have done many times...

You are only the best, when you can beat the best and Ronaldo has done that yet...

Mad_Max wrote: »
    Its kinda annoying how people keep refering to this game. Is it the sole example of him not performing against a "big team". (I know more will be mentioned now :D).

This is the kind of ridiculous hype I was referring to. That was the sole example of him not performing against a big team? Well just off the top of my head, what did he do against Chelsea in the FA Cup Final? People refer to the Milan game because it was his biggest occasion in Europe and the fact is he failed the test. Kaka did not. Gattuso did not.
    Mad_Max wrote:
    But milan as a team dominated united as a team.

Yes indeed and Ronaldo was dominated as well. Great players influence major games.
    Mad_Max wrote:
    Gattuso was a CM anyway, as mentioned before its easier to shine in the center as opposed to the wing where you're completely dependant on others.

LOL yeah so when Ronaldo consistently gave the ball away and produced nothing worthwhile in the match, that was the fault of United's central midfielders was it?

The reality is last season people spoke of him being the 'world's best' and such claims were shown to be extremely premature following his Milan performance. IN EUROPE, he has not proven himself to be the world's best as yet and I would argue he needs to do so to achieve that title.

Do I think he can manage this? Yes. Do I hope he manages it? Hell yes. But to say he's the best based purely upon Premier League matches is falling into the English hype machine in my opinion.

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    He's the best player in the world along with Kaka...

But he has a long long way to go before we can class him " a phenomenon " like Zidane etc....

I can understand why people dont want to call him " the best player in the world" because they are used to insanely good players like Zidane,Van Basten etc being the so called best in the world...

He's at the same level Henry was in the unbeaten season imo, a beast and incredible to watch, but that didnt stop Henry flopping in the latter stages of the Champions League, Euro's and the World Cup 2 years later...

Same/probably will happen Ronaldo...

In that he will do it all the way up to the Semi's, but when the pressure is really on and your team is on the verge of being knocked out, he might not be able to make the difference...

Something the best of the best have done many times...

You are only the best, when you can beat the best and Ronaldo has done that yet...

Have been thinking about this today myself. He is a strange mix. One of his best attributions is raw power and pace' he really does have phenominal pace for such a well built lad. This as you know will put you head and shoulders amongst most of the opposition. Not only that, but he has extremely fast feet and a boat load of tricks to go with them. He is also supremely confident at the moment. Those attributes combined will make you unstopable. He also has the gift of being in the right place at the right time. He is also good in the air.

He is not incredibly gifted in the way that say Zidane, Ronaldhinio, Kaka or even maybe Messi is but he is alot more effective than some of them - even at their best. These players just effortlessly glide by players and don't seem to care what anyone else is doing. In the same way that Torres does it. Fabregas also.

Gerard and Keane are as highly regarded for similar 'non sexy' reasons as Ronaldo. It is hard to put in words what I mean but I think that is why some have troubles admitting that Ronaldo is possibly the best in the world at present.

Personally, I would prefer Ronaldo or Gerard in my team at the moment over Ronaldhinio or Kaka as you are gonna get alot more goals out of them.

He is not incredibly gifted in the way that say Zidane, Ronaldhinio, Kaka or even maybe Messi is but he is alot more effective than some of them - even at their best.

Gerard and Keane are as highly regarded for similar 'non sexy' reasons as Ronaldo. It is hard to put in words what I mean but I think that is why some have troubles admitting that Ronaldo is possibly the best in the world at present.

Every one of these players you mention has done something Ronaldo has not. Know what it is?

Win the champions league? Your point?

His lack of Champions League medal is not solely down to him. Nor does the lack of medal mean he cannot be discussed alongside them.

Djimi Traore has a ****ing CL medal. Does that mean I he is world class where Rio Ferdinand isn't?

Win the champions league? Your point?

My point is that these guys have helped win their team a European Cup and that we should wait and see if Ronaldo can do likewise before going OTT with the praise.

Gerrard against Milan, Keane against Juve, truly epic performances against top sides and Ronaldo needs to produce similar imo to justify the 'Sky hype'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

can someone name a better player in the world atm?
    Kaka isnt better this season
    neither is messi

Keane didn't win the Champions League and hell, Gerrard hasn't even won a premiership, does that prevent him from being a great in the english league?

• Advertisement

My point is that these guys have helped win their team a European Cup and that we should wait and see if Ronaldo can do likewise before going OTT with the praise.

Gerrard against Milan, Keane against Juve, truly epic performances against top sides and Ronaldo needs to produce similar imo to justify the 'Sky hype'.

They have.. I appreciate exactly what you are saying but I honestly cannot think of a more effective player this season. I think even United supports will openly admit that without his goals this season, United may not be 3 points in the lead at the top of the league.

The top teams are involved in 2 world class competitions - the CL and EPL. Scoring a stupid amount of goals throughout the season, regardless of the opposition, and being a massive part of possible league success, has to be worth nearly as much.

Ironically enough, Liverpool are regularly dismissed as merely a cup team with their recent successes in the CL used to dismiss their league credentials. Now Ronaldo's performances in the league are partially being dismissed due to his non performance in a CL final.. Baffles me to be honest.

Bubs101 wrote:
    Keane didn't win the Champions League and hell, Gerrard hasn't even won a premiership, does that prevent him from being a great in the english league?

Keane has the medal and lifted the cup on the night and they wouldn't have made it there without him so I disagree with your first statement.

Gerrard's consistent exceptional performances make him a great in the English league. Ronaldo has no such record in Europe.
    They have.. I appreciate exactly what you are saying but I honestly cannot think of a more effective player this season. I think even United supports will openly admit that without his goals this season, United may not be 3 points in the lead at the top of the league.

I'm a United fan myself and think he's a phenom. That record of his is outstanding and I also can't think of a more effective player this season - in England. Europe is another story.

I just think we are in danger of watering down what it means to be 'world class' when you look at what others who have been bestowed that title have done in major games.

We could be..

Think of all the best players in the world though over the years. They are nearly always playing on the continent. The football played on the continent now is on a par (being generous imo) with what is played in England.

In generaly, you don't get to see the like Zidance, Kaks or whoever over the past 20 years play week in week out. Sometimes, all you see of them is in semi finals or finals or short snippets on tv. You don't get to see bad performances or the chance to identify glaring weaknesses.

I also think that people still have a problem admitting that the EPL is possibly the best league in Europe. The top4 of England are cetainly more effective in Europe than the top4 any other league at the moment.

Even Capello said it recently, the EPL has a massive percentage of the best attacking players in the world with Rooney, Ronaldo, Gerard, Torres, Fabregas, Adebayor, Lampard, Drogba and on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

i said the exact same thing and i was cut down too. face it, this lad starts a thread, thinks that because of this, he can deny everybody their right of opinion.

Actually mate you were the first one to try and deny people their right of opinion by constantly calling for this thread to be closed. Then when I called you on Ronaldo's performances against the big teams you dismissed me as needing to do some research and listed games against the top four where you said he was man of the match. Except I went and did the research that you did not do and found out that he was not the man of the match in any of the games that you wrongly claimed he was.

So I called you on it... And you still dont seem to have an answer for it???:confused: You did not say that in your opinion that he was the man of the match... you presented it as fact. And as such I was perfectly entitled to show that your so-called facts were nonsense.

Look stop with the BS. Post constructively in this thread that you wanted closed so much or dont bother posting at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Gerrard lol, the game would have finished 6-0 if Hamann didnt come on and baby sit him...

Gerrard was one of the main reasons they were down 3-0, didnt get near Kaka and Pirlo, letting them have total control, Hamann was the star that night...

Keane along with Shearer is very over rated....

Keane like Shearer was not that overly talented imo, Keane missed the champions league final because a much more talented player had a chance to bury them and when Keane did go blow for blow with a central midfield king he failed ( Redondo ) had the beating of him in every area..

I dont think Keane, Shearer or Gerrard have ever been the best players in their position in the world at any time..

Actually mate you were the first one to try and deny people their right of opinion by constantly calling for this thread to be closed. Then when I called you on Ronaldo's performances against the big teams you dismissed me as needing to do some research and listed games against the top four where you said he was man of the match. Except I went and did the research that you did not do and found out that he was not the man of the match in any of the games that you wrongly claimed he was.

So I called you on it... And you still dont seem to have an answer for it???:confused: You did not say that in your opinion that he was the man of the match... you presented it as fact. And as such I was perfectly entitled to show that your so-called facts were nonsense.

Look stop with the BS. Post constructively in this thread that you wanted closed so much or dont bother posting at all.

Hi,

My name is Alan.

I like your posts.

Especially when you're putting homer (ed) back in his box.

Kind Regards,

Alan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Wow, somehow this word being effective has transformed itself.
    Ronaldhinio, Kaka or even maybe Messi is but he is alot more effective than some of them - even at their best. These players just effortlessly glide by players and don't seem to care what anyone else is doing.

How you can think these words don't describe Ronaldo is just utterly beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

How anyone can not see that Ronaldo is world class after the last 18 months is absolutely beyond me. Take off your blinkers. Ronaldinho, Kaka, Messi and Henry have all gone missing on the big stage, but nobody disputes their class.

nekkidbibleman,
    a Liverpool fan.

Gerard and Ronaldo do so with pure athleticism, more pace and power. Kaka et all tend to be to be more skillful players that get past players with drop of the shoulder and so on. They somehow manage to go on a mazey run that takes them past half the opposition.

Now, that is not to say that Ronaldo does not use skill to get past players but he is defo more about pace and strength in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Gerrard lol, the game would have finished 6-0 if Hamann didnt come on and baby sit him...

Gerrard was one of the main reasons they were down 3-0, didnt get near Kaka and Pirlo, letting them have total control, Hamann was the star that night...

Keane like Shearer was not that overly talented imo, Keane missed the champions league final because a much more talented player had a chance to bury them and when Keane did go blow for blow with a central midfield king he failed ( Redondo ) had the beating of him in every area..

I dont think Keane, Shearer or Gerrard have ever been the best players in their position in the world at any time..

Quite possibly the dumbest post ever posted in the soccer forum.
    Ill trim it down for anyone that didnt read it
    - Hamann was the star in Istanbul, Gerrard was crap
    - Keane was overrated and not talented
    - Shearer was overrated and not talented
    - Redondo tought keane a lesson in old trafford in 2000 which means keane is
    obviously crap, completely failed to mention the fact that keane beat Juve
    on his own the year before in Turin.
    - Shearer, Gerrard nor Keane have ever been the best in the world in their
    positions.
    Maddness
    Mindblowing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Kaka is extremely fast. He beats people with a great first touch, and extreme pace to get past them. I don't think I've ever seen Ronaldo drop the shoulder, because it doesn't really work for him, nobody watches his body, everyone watches his feet. Messi Kaka and Ronaldo all have very similar dribbling styles. Messi is probably the best dribbler in there, then Ronaldo, then Kaka. That's not surprising since the first two are wingers.
    I can't understand how you'd compare Ronaldo to Gerrards dribbling style. Gerrard runs at players, and tends to run in relatively straight lines, like a central midfielder does. Ronaldo can go left, go right, go anywhere really.

I'm really confused as to how you can think that Gerrard and Ronaldos dribbling styles are in any way comparable.

• Advertisement

Maybe I am wrong, not sure tbh. I have honestly not seen Ronaldo go on mazey runs like those you see the likes of Messi regularly go on.

I am not saying that their dribbling styles are indentical. I am saying that they both use their strength and pace to go past players. Ronaldo has quicker feet and tends to use that side of his games more. Zidane, Kaka or Messi, while obviously powerful and fast, have a different style in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

You my good friend are simply wrong. To score over 30 league goals a season, 3 seasons running, is fact alone.

I would certainly feel that at various stages of their carear both, Keane and Shearer, would be in the starting 11 (in their respective positions) of a World 11 team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

IrishMike wrote: »
    Quite possibly the dumbest post ever posted in the soccer forum.

I'd second that. To suggest that Keane was overrated is such nonsense that it's bordering on trolling just to get a reaction. While not necessarily the most gifted player skill-wise (relatively speaking) he was a midfield colossus who often dragged United through games almost singlehandedly, and has the medals to prove it. Shearer was a goal machine who would have walked into any team on the planet.

Actually mate you were the first one to try and deny people their right of opinion by constantly calling for this thread to be closed.

listen "mate", please point out where i asked for the thread to be closed constantly? you will in fact find that about 6 or 7 other people, asked for this to be closed on the original pages. i asked why was there an other thread when there was one last week, there is a difference. i said one with 3 exclamations also, as in having a luagh to close the thread, you class that constant?again, seriously lacking facts and blowing off steam to act the hard man and try to make your self look cool and show me up, well you know wat, bring it f**king on "mate" :cool:

i was at 3 of those 4 matches, were you? in fact, how many times have u seen ronaldo play live, never??? ronaldo was also the best player on the pitch in the other 1(highbury). im saying he was the best player on the field in those 4 games and im sticking to my guns. if you want to bring up some poxy match reports, then fire ahead, we all have our opinions and if you want to go with somebody elses on a historical match report, then thats fine with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

You said that he was man of the match and that he is the best player in the world "FACT". You are wrong on both counts.

He was not man of the match in the games that you said he was and do you know how we know ? because the man of the match is an actual award given to the best player in the game. It is an irrefutable fact that he was not man of the match at the games you said he was so at least take a step back, admit you were wrong, then get on with the argument instead of continuously moving the goalposts. In your opinion he was the MoM, fair enough, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Just as the OP is entitled to his and is unbelievably allowed to disagree with you.

As for the best player in the world "FACT" remark, I would laugh but I think you really do believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

You said that he was man of the match and that he is the best player in the world "FACT". You are wrong on both counts.

He was not man of the match in the games that you said he was and do you know how we know ? because the man of the match is an actual award given to the best player in the game. It is an irrefutable fact that he was not man of the match at the games you said he was so at least take a step back, admit you were wrong, then get on with the argument instead of continuously moving the goalposts. In your opinion he was the MoM, fair enough, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Just as the OP is entitled to his and is unbelievably allowed to disagree with you.

As for the best player in the world "FACT" remark, I would laugh but I think you really do believe it.

Whats so wrong with believing that Ronaldo is the best player in the world right now? Because you just happen to dislike him?

The thing about believeing that he is the best player in the world right now and saying that he is the best player in the world "FACT" is that they are two completely different things.

How are you to quantify such a thing ? Is he better than Lescott ? Nesta ? Cech ?

If it is a fact, then please feel free to prove it.

He was not man of the match in the games that you said he was and do you know how we know ? because the man of the match is an actual award given to the best player in the game.

so every "MOM" is an award given out ya? so, one person picks MOM and then every single fan in the world has to agree with it?
    for example sven goran picked MOM at the FA cup final in 2004 (not sure how picked it in 2005) and he picked van nist. the world and his mother knows ronaldo was the best player on the field that day. cos he got it wrong, does that mean ronaldo was not the best player on the field? just cos rooney actually walked away with with award in 2005, does that mean he was better than ronaldo? no it does not. im saying ronaldo was the best player on the field in those games and i stand by that, end of story. your moving goalsposts not me. i aint changed my story, your trying to do that. and yes, i do believe ronaldo is te best player in the world, millions of others do also. what is so funny about that? you dont respect my opinion and you constantly try to highlight faults in my posts, so this is nothing new. thanks for your feedback though. have a good day.

The thing about believeing that he is the best player in the world right now and saying that he is the best player in the world "FACT" is that they are two completely different things.

How are you to quantify such a thing ? Is he better than Lescott ? Nesta ? Cech ?

Cech is a good goalie, but without Makelele at his best in the Chelsea team he has been tested a lot more and not been as reliable as he once seemed. Lescott is a good defender. Plenty of better defenders out there so I dont know why you mentioned him. Nesta has been poor for Milan over the last year, as have most of their players, including FIFA's golden boy Kaka, so yes actually, I would say he is much better than those you have listed. Throw a few more names at me and ill be happy to keep up the debate.

feel free to consult his stats for the last 12 months. now compare them to any other player in the world right now, anybody come close? im sure theres loads of "facts" in there to keep you reading for a while.

heres another fact for you, he has just broke a 30 year old record at united, held by one of the greatest wingers ever to play the game. any other player in the world at the moment breaking records like that with at least 10 games to go in the season? if your unsure what stats or facts im referring to, ill gladly provide them for you. again, thanks for your post.

• Advertisement

feel free to consult his stats for the last 12 months. now compare them to any other player in the world right now, anybody come close? im sure theres loads of "facts" in there to keep you reading for a while.

heres another fact for you, he has just broke a 30 year old record at united, held by one of the greatest wingers ever to play the game. any other player in the world at the moment breaking records like that with at least 10 games to go in the season? if your unsure what stats or facts im referring to, ill gladly provide them for you. again, thanks for your post.

Also, just to put how astounding breaking this record is, George Best had 32 in 53. Ronaldo has 33 in 37.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Also, just to put how astounding breaking this record is, George Best had 32 in 53. Ronaldo has 33 in 37.

is that a fact ya?:D it better be, or we will be pulled up on it, we need to proove every on ere from now on:)

never realised bests was 53 games, jaysys, thats some achievement alright.

But Best was more of a winger where as Ronaldo spends most of his time supporting a solitary striker

And yet you have failed once again to back up your "FACT" with anything. If you say something is true and are challenged on it then either back it up or back down. You have already had to backtrack on one of your statements in this thread, you now know that you can do it, surely the fear of the unknown is not there for you any more.

He has done well this season and I do not deny that he is a class player with a lot more to offer but best in the world, there are better out there.

Fabiano, Benzema, Puyol, Nesta, Lucio, I could go on, and you could make excuses why each is not better than Ronaldo but just as you say that Cech is not a good keeper without Terry in front of him, Ronaldo would be nothing without a good defender behind him as he rarely gets back and a good striker beside him (let's face it he plays as part of a front three as much as he does an out and out striker) to take players away from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

again, seriously lacking facts and blowing off steam to act the hard man and try to make your self look cool and show me up, well you know wat, bring it f**king on "mate" :cool:

You do realise that this is an anonymous message board? How could anyone possibly act the hard man? I'm not trying to show you up... You are doing that all by yourself! "bring it f**king on "mate" :cool:" LOL:D
    i was at 3 of those 4 matches, were you? in fact, how many times have u seen ronaldo play live, never??? ronaldo was also the best player on the pitch in the other 1(highbury). im saying he was the best player on the field in those 4 games and im sticking to my guns. if you want to bring up some poxy match reports, then fire ahead, we all have our opinions and if you want to go with somebody elses on a historical match report, then thats fine with me.

Ok lets just take one of those games... Utd 4 Arsenal 2... are you seriously saying that Ronaldo was better than Roy Keane that night? It was of course the notorious Keane - Viera tunnel staredown game when Keane bossed Viera and Arsenal. I dont care how many live games you have been to... If you though that Ronaldo played better than keane that night you clearly know nothing about football. Or at the very least you may need to take a trip to an optician!;)

See the problem is that you started off by presenting your opinion as fact. You are of course entitled to your opinion but not to present it as fact. You are perfectly entitled to consider Ronaldo as the man of the match in any game you like. But when you present it as fact and attempt to belittle others it is not so cool. And then when I disputed your "facts" you started saying that I was trying to stop you having an opinion! When did disagreeing with somebody equate to trying to supress their opinion???? Ridiculous really!:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

See the problem is that you started off by presenting your opinion as fact. You are of course entitled to your opinion but not to present it as fact. You are perfectly entitled to consider Ronaldo as the man of the match in any game you like. But when you present it as fact and attempt to belittle others it is not so cool. And then when I disputed your "facts" you started saying that I was trying to stop you having an opinion! When did disagreeing with somebody equate to trying to supress their opinion???? Ridiculous really!:confused:

yeah i have to agree with you! sorry homer but he is right! dont get me wrong, i am a utd fan and i do thinkj that ronaldo is the best player in the world at the moment for sure, he is better than he was last year and i can see the awards coming his way, he is an astonishing player and i dont think anyone is as good as him at the moment (and heres the three vitally important letters) IMO

All of this has been opinion and everyone is entitled to them! if you disagree with someone, fine but try get a discussion goin and not an arguement,
    can't we all just get along!??! :D

this is just going to run and run, we are not going to agree and that is that. lets just say that we can resume this thread once the final whistle blows at OT tomorrow. im expecting ronaldo to be double marked by liverpool as the norm on all "big games" united play, but he will still show his class. im expecting no player to dominate the game, its too huge an occasion for that and it normally is and will be.

and by the way wooo32, this forum is not as anonymous as you may think, theres quite alot of people on here know each other including me. nobody may know you as your new to this place, but alot know who i am (i play with the forum soccer team amongest others), thats all i am saying.

viva ronaldo.

I would imagine the only reason we are not going to agree is that you are making outlandish statements. FACT/
    and by the way wooo32, this forum is not as anonymous as you may think, theres quite alot of people on here know each other including me. nobody may know you as your new to this place, but alot know who i am (i play with the forum soccer team amongest others), thats all i am saying.

Seems like you are threatening a member of the soccer forum there homer, perhaps you should tone it down a bit eh..

lol

i dont think so T4TF

• Advertisement

Mr Alan wrote: »
    lol

i dont think so T4TF

And yet the tone of the post and all that lead up to it suggests otherwise. Anything else Alan ?

Advertisement