Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Accident

Options
  • 25-03-2008 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

My 04 car which I only got 5 weeks ago last night was hit in the left rear wheel when parked outside my house and this axle is completely out of line and the chassis is suspected to be twisted. I am told it may be a write off, the guy who hit my is insured by the same company as me, my question is if it is written off will I get the full insured value or what is felt to be the book price?

Also, as i just taxed it 2 weeks ago what is the procedure for claiming back the tax?

Many thanks for any advice given.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

You only ever get replacement value on any write off. They stopped paying out insured value sometime in the early 80s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

kenny11 wrote: »
    My 04 car which I only got last night was hit in the left rear wheel hen parked outside my house and this axle is not completely out of line and the chassis is suspected to be twisted. I am tld it may be a write off, the guy who hit my is insured by the same company as me, my question is if it is written off will I get the full insured value or what is felt to be the book price?

Also, as i just taxed it 2 weeks ago what is the procedure for claiming back the tax?

Many thanks for any advice given.

Think it is the book price. Although insurance may just give the insured value if it is lower than book price. They will just say you insured it for X, here is X euro. If they do this, fight them on it with emails linking to similar cars on carzone.

Also it is good they are with same people. Immediately ask for a courtesy car from them. their insurance will be paying for this. Tell the insurance this straight away, it tends to get them on the back foot to start :)

get your own mechanic to check it out but they will want their accessor to look at it to write it off.

Not sure about the tax, talk to the tax office and explain and it may help. Not sure

Advertisement