Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Diesel Cayenne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

VW make a better fist of the styling IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

I can never understand, if you were spending that much on a car, why would you want a diesel?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

resale value, running costs, that said, a diesel Porsche proves how they're diluting the brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭maidhc

A diesel porsche suv. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

jimbo78 wrote: »
    I can never understand, if you were spending that much on a car, why would you want a diesel?

Diesel is hardly a sign of poverty. Edit - to clarify my point, sometimes a diesel engine is actually one of the more desirable in the model range - for instance the BMW 535d.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

eoin_s wrote: »
    Diesel is hardly a sign of poverty.

+1

Not with Diesel @ €1.30ish a litre nowadays!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

This is what happens when accountants start running things. Pointless venture. What next, a Lambo MPV?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

It's the Porsche Cayenne though - they have hardly ruined a masterpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,420 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

maidhc wrote: »
    A diesel porsche suv. :mad:

+1

I was horrified when Porsche launched the Cayenne. But now they're fitting a cheap Volkswagen diesel engine in it as well? :mad:

The only decent 4x4 diesel development as of late is the Subaru Forester Boxer Diesel.

The Porche Diesel idea just don't tug my rug at all.

• Advertisement

I can see footballers and their WAGs queuing up at dealerships for this car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

bazz26 wrote: »
    What next, a Lambo MPV?

lm002.jpg

lamborghini_r3-95.jpg

At least the tractor has a purpose. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,420 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

LOL, the LM002 had a timing problem. Had it been launched in Dublin only in 2006 (instead of a global launch in 1986) with a retail price of €200k (in girls' money about 5 posh hand bags) in Brown Thomas, it would have been a major marketing success :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Only thing I liked about the Cayenne was the headlights that looked around corners for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

stevec wrote: »
    Only thing I liked about the Cayenne was the headlights that looked around corners for you.

My younger brothers Bravo has that. I really don't see the point of the Cayenne, petrol or deisel...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

colm_mcm wrote: »
    resale value, running costs, that said, a diesel Porsche proves how they're diluting the brand.

or, if they don't do a diesel, there won't be a brand to dilute. More in their line to make the flat 6 a diesel.

At least then the oil leak will be unexpected :rolleyes: !

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Makes me laugh, most of ye thought that a diesel R8 was a good idea, but when a Porsche badge is applied it "dilutes the Porsche brand".

What's wrong with a diesel Cayenne? Don't anyone say that the Cayenne is a proper Porsche, a proper Porsche is a sports car, not an SUV anyway. They diluted the Porsche brand by building a yummy mummy's car, not by putting a diesel into a yummy mummys car. The damage was done years ago when Porsche decided to build a Cayenne in the first place.

Why is diesel a great idea in a supercar, but not in a 4X4? I always thought it would be the other way around, no:confused:? Diesel is best suited to working vehicles, not in thrill machines like a supercar. That was why Rudolf Diesel invented the engine named in his honour for in the first place.

As an aside, Audi aren't bothering with the hybrid Q7 after all, "the numbers don't add up" apparently. They're sticking with diesel instead for the US.

Wonder how this will affect the Cayenne hybrid?

E92 wrote: »
    Why is diesel a great idea in a supercar, but not in a 4X4? I always thought it would be the other way around, no:confused:? Diesel is best suited to working vehicles, not in thrill machines like a supercar. That was why Rudolf Diesel invented the engine named in his honour for in the first place.

a) Audi are well known for their TDI engines and they do not really make sportscars a la Porsche
    b) Building a sportscar with a high performance diesel can only strengthen their brand, especially in the US where "TDI" is a brand in its own right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

Porsche Diesel MPV :D
    112_0605_HB_concours_29z+porsche_tractor+front_view.jpg

• Advertisement

Blue850 wrote: »
    Porsche Diesel MPV :D

At least they are not putting a single cylinder semi diesel engine into the Cayenne!

Don't think Porsche ever made the tractor for any longer than a few years post WWII., the name was licenced out for most of the production. They were quite common in Ireland though.

Stunning looking tractor for the period.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭blackbox

E92 wrote: »
    The damage was done years ago when Porsche decided to build a Cayenne in the first place.

+1

...made even worse by that ugliness!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Their is more to Porsche than a 911. Why can't they diversify into different markets and have a diesel engine. So went the world oil supplies run out you wouldn't want Porsche to try something new. The Panamera is coming out soon and i bet that will come in for the same criticism. It's not a real Porsche. A Porsche shouldn't have 4 doors. Blah, blah blah.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

kikel wrote: »
    So went the world oil supplies run out you wouldn't want Porsche to try something new.
    How about this for a crazy idea - lightweight sports cars?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

And ye are all offended by the Cayenne. Wait till ya see whats to come

:p:D

fiat_500_posche_01.jpg

fiat_500_posche_02.jpg

PS I know these pictures are not of any real porsche

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Anan1 wrote: »
    How about this for a crazy idea - lightweight sports cars?
    +1.

With a diesel Cayenne, Porsche have come up with the automotive equivalent of an Irish solution to an Irish problem.

They should bin the Cayenne if they're that concerned about their carbon footprint, and put BMW EfficientDynamics technologies into their sports cars, which can cut CO2 emissions by up to 23%, and make proper Porsches lighter, which would get down the CO2 even more, instead of this 4X4 rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The Cayenne earns porsche enough money to spend on R&D for their sports cars. No Cayenne, no sports cars :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

My point was that VW already build this car only better looking, with a decent choice of Diesel engines.

As Clarkeson says in Top Gear of the V10 TDI: What an engine.

It is interesting though that the Cayenne is the main earner for Porsche.

WHITE_P wrote: »

It is interesting though that the Cayenne is the main earner for Porsche.

well, as they say - FOOLS AND THEIR MONEY.......:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

well, as they say - FOOLS AND THEIR MONEY.......:p

Too True:D

Advertisement