Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cheapest Petrol

Options
  • 25-03-2008 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

I'm not certain if this thread has been discussed before,but i was driving out of Portlaoise towards Mountmellick today,theres a filling station there selling petrol at 112.9c/litre.Unfortunately,I live in West Meath! I always thought that Tesco was the cheapest,actually bought some there this morning at 117.9/litre.Is this the cheapest petrol for sale in Ireland currently,or has anyone seen better value than this? And i also wondered,would there be a difference in quality between 'Tesco petrol' and the more established,but more expensive,brands?..... Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭MCMLXXXIII

One thing that's great about living in the petrol-priced-obsessed US is that almost all of the map websites (Mapquest, etc) lists all "gas stations" and the current price per gallon. I don't know of anything back home, it's too bad though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Todoquetengo

Wow that's cheap, can't beat that but the filling station in Terenure opposite Rosie O'Gradys - not sure which brand it is and I go there all the time :p - is 116.9, which is the best I've seen in Dublin or surrounding area!

My friend is a manager in another filling station and he said he's had a few taxi drivers in who've complained about the quality of Tesco petrol :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

www.pumps.ie - I believe a boards.ie member runs it.

Advertisement