Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DODGY! Well DODGY Camper sale!

• 25-03-2008 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

I saw this camper on Autotrader.co.uk

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/caravans/ADRIA/Ne-2-7-8-27-64-133-146,N-25-171-4294955534/search.action

the adria coral camper........

- so, i dropped the vendor an email, and got this reply -
    The motorhome is in perfect working condition. It's in showroom condition, no scratches, no dents, accident-free ,full service history, HPI clear . The problem is that at this moment I am located in Germany for the next 2 months because I've just started a new business here with an old friend of mine. Also I must let you know that the vehicle is here with me but I will arrange to be shipped at your door without any problem.
    It's a UK model,right hand drive and it still has UK registration, because I didn't paid for Germany import. You will receive the original invoice, logbook, keys and all the documents to register it into your name .
    Genuine reason for sale: unfortunately a divorce is forcing me to sell it under market value.
    The sale will be through a third part, WorldPay-Internet Payment Solutions, meaning that WorldPay will hold and insure your money until receipt of the vehicle in good condition. You will be given a 7 days inspection period before releasing the payment. The inspection period is starting from the day you will receive the vehicle.
    Final price is 8,699.00 GBP (this price includes the shipping and insurance).
    If you realy are interested please reply with your name and address so I can reserve the car for you,

Best Regards, Peter Carroll

what do yis think? Well Dodge or wha? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Yup, I wouldn't touch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

There isn't a bargepole long enough ...

Basically you send money to some "reputable" third party and there is no camper at all.

These guys usually "clone" old ads.

Also (sadly) quite common on mobile.de and autoscout.

report it to autotrader, if it makes you feel better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

already did.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

If you do a search there are a few threads where people play these people. Someone had one of them travelling all over Africa for a money pickup. Just don't use any of your details if you want to play with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

yeah, i've started to play him - they deserve it - muppetz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭oflynno

i got one of those "you've won the lottery " things,just ring pedro in madrid

i emailed him and got his address and sent the brother over to him one afternoon
    the "business" address was a 6th floor appartment in a scummy part of town

brother took a picture of the guy when he opened the door and left

i emailed him back saying he was a private detective as my email address was a protected one,

Advertisement