Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microsoft to shame Xbox Live cheats

• 25-03-2008 10:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/a92236/xbox-live-cheats-to-be-named-and-shamed.html

I have come across one or two cheats in COD4 and Halo 3 and it's a little annoying but most people seem to be playing fair. If they took my gamer points and achievements I'd be pretty pissed though and I don't even have that many :D

Call me cynical but is that not a way for Microsoft to get cheats to buy a new account? Will it apply to people who mod their consoles?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Youve got the Halo cheaters mixed up.

They are "Boosters" not cheating, basically getting your achievements with a friend eg. Him letting you stick him 5 times in Halo.

The ones MS are banning are guys who went online and downloaded gamesaves then put them in their HDD and bang, 1000 GS and all achievements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Well I played against one guy in Halo who couldn't be killed no matter how many grenades or rounds of the assault rifle I pumped into him.

Downloading gamesaves for points? Christ I didn't even know you could do that. Tempting...

When you think of how common it is to download PC game saves, it's a little silly really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'm just tired, I was up late last night trying to get some damn veteran achievement points on COD4..

You seem to have a lot of achievement points Shaneu, anything to hide??

silvine wrote: »
    I'm just tired, I was up late last night trying to get some damn veteran achievement points on COD4..

You seem to have a lot of achievement points Shaneu, anything to hide??
    Not at all, check for yourself.http://profile.mygamercard.net/shane86

• Advertisement

Impressive, I'm a little envious. Take you long to get that many??

How many points did Major Nelson have?

Impressive, I'm a little envious. Take you long to get that many??

How many points did Major Nelson have?

I got my 360 in December 2006.

http://profile.mygamercard.net/major+nelson

Such a collection of muck games on his card!

Anytime left for PS3?

Anytime left for PS3?
    I only use it for blu-ray at the moment :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Ive got 30,000 points since yesterday morning!

MUAHAHAHAHA! Look at the size of my virtual penis!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

ShaneU wrote: »
    I only use it for blu-ray at the moment :D

All they are good for at the mo really! :cool:

Well they do LOOk good under the tv!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Well they do LOOk good under the tv!

So does a Kelly Brook postcard but it ain't much use! (unless you're using it as a visual aid) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

All they are good for at the mo really! :cool:

nah there good for playing while your waiting for the 360 to come back from MS!:p

The should do more inventive ways of punishinng them, like in the middle of a game of halo turn them into a big chicken with no gun and everyone else has to kill them as much times as possible!

Advertisement