Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

From Bolton St to O'Connell bridge by car?

Options
  • 25-03-2008 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

Ive tried this small journey several times but have to break some rule along the way to get there.

Whats the legal route please anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

The smart answer is to walk it!

Try this, it may or may not work but it's a damn handy site
    http://www.dto-journeyplanner.ie/dtojp/jsp/content/start.do

It's designed for cyclists and walkers to get routes. So use the cycling option as cyclists don't break ROTR or go down one-way streets ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Start at Bolton St.
    Kings Inn St.
    Parnell St.
    Around Parnell Sq.
    Down O'Connell St.
    Arrive at O'Connell Bridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Dont think you can go down O'Connell St unless you're a bus or taxi. I think the quickest way is Bolton St., Capel St., along the quays and onto the bridge.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Bolton+St,+Dublin,+Dublin,+Ireland&geocode=&dirflg=&daddr=O'connell+bridge&f=d&sll=53.352473,-6.269588&sspn=0.012424,0.040169&ie=UTF8&ll=53.348451,-6.26534&spn=0.012425,0.040169&z=15

Or you could head over to Gardiner St, down across the Liffey at the Customs House, along the quays at the Ulster Bank building and onto O'Connell bridge from the south-side.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=Bolton+St,+Dublin,+Dublin,+Ireland&daddr=53.352703,-6.255941+to:O'connell+bridge&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=15&via=1&sll=53.348451,-6.26534&sspn=0.012425,0.040169&ie=UTF8&ll=53.35342,-6.261649&spn=0.012423,0.040169&z=15

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

As far as I know you can, only not via North Frederick Street coming from Dorset Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

Through Bolton Street, leading right on to North King Street. Turn left onto Church Street at the traffic lights. Continue down to the river Liffey and turn left just before the bridge on to the North Quays. Continue driving up the quays, the river Liffey is on your right and turn right at O Connell Bridge crossing the Liffey, is the way I would go!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

down kings inn street,right onto parnell street,left onto wolfe tone street,right onto the luas track and left onto capel street then a left onto the quays and on down to O'connell bridge,
    i used to do it all the time

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Bolton St > Capel St > Quays > O'COnnell St

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

AudiChris wrote: »
    Dont think you can go down O'Connell St unless you're a bus or taxi.

Entirely not the case. The one way is designed to make it as pointless as possible to do so, but its completely allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

MYOB wrote: »
    Entirely not the case. The one way is designed to make it as pointless as possible to do so, but its completely allowed.
    i stand to be corrected but is it not the case that you can go southbound on o'connell street if you come from cathal brugha street but cant come from parnell street or parnell square?:confused:

landydef wrote: »
    i stand to be corrected but is it not the case that you can go southbound on o'connell street if you come from cathal brugha street but cant come from parnell street or parnell square?:confused:

I... can't remember. I'm nearly sure you can come off Parnell Square East anyway. I'm nearly sure I've done it, allowed or not, quite recently too... Now that you've said it I'm starting to doubt it... too far to go check from here this time of the night though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Any time I've come in to O'Connell Street, I've done it from the Garden of Rememberance end, and it forces you left (away from O'Connell St.) onto the the road that has Fibber's on it.

Maybe you can rejoin further down the road, I don't know for sure.

AudiChris wrote: »
    Any time I've come in to O'Connell Street, I've done it from the Garden of Rememberance end, and it forces you left (away from O'Connell St.) onto the the road that has Fibber's on it.

Maybe you can rejoin further down the road, I don't know for sure.

Cathal Brugha Street lets you turn on to O'Connell Street southbound. Main route out of two carparks, actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Start at Bolton St.
    Kings Inn St.
    Parnell St.
    Around Parnell Sq.
    Left onto Parnell Street again
    Right to Cathal Brugha
    Right onto Cathal Brugha
    Left Down O'Connell St.
    Arrive at O'Connell Bridge

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Its a journey they really don't want people to drive, especially not via O'Connell Street.

If thats your total journey, you sound car dependent. :)

Advertisement