Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does anyone know how to relieve stress???

Options
  • 25-03-2008 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

stress is actually killing me at the moment and i dunno wat to do!!anyone help would be greatly apprecited xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Planning out your study will probably help things...
    Going out with friends works for me, though im sure ill be a mental case in the 2 weeks before the exam

what school in limerick you go to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 xxsinluvsyouxx

im in laurel hill....oh believe me out every weekend but nothing helps :mad:

Exercise, walks, time off to relax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Da Bomber

Get organised, make a study timetable and map out all the work that needs to be done, then allow yourself time each day and at the weekend to relax and let some steam off, its important to get a good balance between study and leisure time. After you complete some of your goals reward yourself with a little treat, the small things can make a big difference sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭stripypumkin

im in laurel hill

fcj laurel hill??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

im in laurel hill....oh believe me out every weekend but nothing helps :mad:
    Ya I know it well, in the city so,
    I dont know what stripypumpkin means by fcj laurel hill...

Im not in the city myself but a school 20mins from the city called hospital secondary school, go to tutorial on saturdays to study though

anyway...I agree with what has been said here for relieving stress
    Music helps me a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭life_is_music

really loud music + excercise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 xxsinluvsyouxx

ya i listen 2 alot of music and it only helps me get 2 sleep..ya its laurel hill fcj skul!!!ya i no were hospital is 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Fibonacci23

Me and stripeypumpkin are in the fcj bunclody!

Hi!:D

And about the stress, i'd advise over 8 hours sleep a night and if you find you don't have time, make it!! Get a good balance between all your subjects, eat bananas, and some avacado if ya can bear it, and try rduce the cappucino's if you're anything like me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Nobody else on the aul' heroin no?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Bmark

I recently had to take time off word due to stress - my wife (kindly) sent me for a proper massage - it worked wonders. Its expensive but worth it !!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Chunky Monkey

Ah I'd love a massage :)

Watch a good comedy, one that doesn't require you to think, like Dodgeball or Zoolander. Genuine laughter causes serotonin to be released which of course makes you feel better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Listen to Loud music? Ha, Im not complaining but Is that really gonna rid of stress??

The cure to get rid of stress:
    Do not drink so much that you will be hungover the next day as drink affects the memory and can lead to all sorts of depression and what not..etc

Learn stuff, The reason why you are stressed is because you are not confident in what you know. If you knew all your maths Formulae/rules...etc, theres NO REASON to Have stress.

I agree with whoever said, The little things are the most important things/Treat yourself. Totally true!

Dont give up your sport. GO TRAINING KEEP FIT!
    If u dont do sport, Go for a walk/jog as someone already stated.
    The only way you can know if this helps is by actually DOING IT!
    Excersise is so important, it keeps your mind off EVERYTHING!

STRESS= MESS.

Clean up the mess with Organisation and planning.
    Not easy, I know, but even a little bit of planning reduces stress!

Just look on the Brightside of life: 9 weeks, FREEDOM, SUNSHINE, DRINK, HOLIDAYS, OXYGEN...ETC

This way your not worrying yourself but keep in mind them Poets, Formulae, Quotes, rules...etc for just 9 more weeks of YOUR LIFE!

barcoe4 wrote: »
    Listen to Loud music? Ha, Im not complaining but Is that really gonna rid of stress??

Have you ever tried using a rowing machine/exercise bike/lift weights/beat the sh1t outta a pillow with your favorite playlist playing full blast???

No? - TRY IT

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

beer xbox bit of rugby

And planning my life after the LC.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Bash the bishop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭stripypumkin

The Walsho wrote: »

Now thats one way of doing it!!!

I salute!

The Walsho wrote: »

:D

Made me laugh!

Have you ever tried using a rowing machine/exercise bike/lift weights/beat the sh1t outta a pillow with your favorite playlist playing full blast???

No? - TRY IT

They call that Working out with your Ipod/Speakers up Max VOlUmE!

a PIllow?? Sum of us have feathered pillows which explode when you beat da **** outta dem!

None of that is related to study, this Topic is mainly to relieve stress from school work

barcoe4 wrote: »
    They call that Working out with your Ipod/Speakers up Max VOlUmE!

None of that is related to study, this Topic is mainly to relieve stress from school work

ipod isnt loud enough!! You need an amp of some form.

It is related to relieving stress from school........

you think this is unrelated and yet heroin is??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

A good Hand Shandy and a bowl of coco pops

Definately, You cant beat it dellboy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 samwab

I always find Michael Longleys poem's send me to sleep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KTHRl3iZSw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Sean_K wrote: »
    Bash the bishop.

Never were truer words spoken on a forum. :p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭louis626

eoin2nc wrote: »
    beer xbox bit of rugby

And planning my life after the LC.......

Sounds good to me........

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

Sleep is friggin' awesome!! Seriously I will take an hour's nap before homework any day, then again, I'm king of procrastination and will do a whole lot of other stuff before homework too.:rolleyes: If you're reasonably alert in schools it's a big help. At this stage of the year you should be doing a lot of exam practice in class and for subjects like chemistry or geography it's really easy to take notes in class on what you answered wrong/left out. I aim for minimum work with maximum gain so yeah, sleep is good for that.

Exercise is good alright, but I hardly have any time these days cause my timetable is so full of naps!!! :D

Music is another big one for me, if you're really forcing yourself to sit down and work, or just feeling the pressure, put on a class album, lie down on your bed and just listen, try not to do anything else. (Does all my advice involve doing nothing??!?!)

Reading a good book before you go to sleep is nice, cause it means you escape the sleep-school-home/crash out-homework-study-sleep-school-home etc syndrome. I suppose that falls into the "me time" category people have mentioned, well it's nice to have that time before you go to bed anyway.

devinejay wrote: »
    Sleep is friggin' awesome!! Seriously I will take an hour's nap before homework any day, then again, I'm king of procrastination and will do a whole lot of other stuff before homework too.:rolleyes: If you're reasonably alert in schools it's a big help. At this stage of the year you should be doing a lot of exam practice in class and for subjects like chemistry or geography it's really easy to take notes in class on what you answered wrong/left out. I aim for minimum work with maximum gain so yeah, sleep is good for that.

Exercise is good alright, but I hardly have any time these days cause my timetable is so full of naps!!! :D

Music is another big one for me, if you're really forcing yourself to sit down and work, or just feeling the pressure, put on a class album, lie down on your bed and just listen, try not to do anything else. (Does all my advice involve doing nothing??!?!)

Reading a good book before you go to sleep is nice, cause it means you escape the sleep-school-home/crash out-homework-study-sleep-school-home etc syndrome. I suppose that falls into the "me time" category people have mentioned, well it's nice to have that time before you go to bed anyway.

Couldn't have put it better myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 eoinalmighty

Yes nice for those of you who can sleep but lets say you cant sleep! I for one am really hoping that the fact i lay in bed awake for 2 hours trying to sleep had nothing to do with stress!

Music is awesome! I would class myself as a classical heavy metal head! Love big brassy thick vibrant classical music. Stick it in the stereo bounce around the house like the craziest conductor you've ever seen during the study breaks! Gets those endorphins going!
    Bit v football with the lads or a quick cycle for some fresh air ups the ante a bit. Relieves stress, increases energy and concentration and helps you sleep!

Females are good at relieving stress...they have ways

Females are good at relieving stress...they have ways

Wish i could say the same for the male species...;):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Chunky Monkey

Ah no males can be good too :)

And Eoin, apocalyptica ftw, listened to them all through my study last year :D

Advertisement