Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance companies

Options
  • 25-03-2008 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

Anyone know which insurance companies have branches in Limerick city center and where they are? I've managed to find AXA only. Also insurance brokers in the city would do fine. It's for car insurance. Recommendations/experiences with companies welcome too as it's my first time applying for car insurance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

o malley griffin in lower mallow street, nice people, they are a brokerage

try the online companies as well

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

My first time, I actually used a broker. It was Cullen's insurance in Newport. I just rang them, you can arrange most of it over the phone. At that stage average for a new driver, male, under 25 was about 3500 yoyo. They did mine for 2870 yoyo. Of course, in the few years since, the insurance costs have come down anyway so I'm not sure if they would be able to beat some of the other quotes anyway.
    Of course there are a million websites where you can get a range of quotes without leaving your door so u should try those too. Get a ballpark figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hi Michelle, you don't physically need to go to an insurance office. You can get online/phone quotes from most of the main dealers.

There is a long thread on the Motors forum about insurance companies. Its been going for about 6 years now, but most of the links and info is still applicable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭michelleans

I have tried to get quotes on the internet and a few companies have them up but alot come back with an error asking me to call the company. The funniest one to date was "Sorry no matching combination for the age of the driver and license type" So a 22 year old can't hold a provisional license anymore... right... I hate that crap, I'd prefer to talk to someone..

I'll check out that thread and the brokers, thanks!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Well they all have call centres and brokers have phones. Why not just ring around if you are having trouble with the web based quotes. We are basically encouraging you not to leave the house and go out into the big bad world.
    Particularly if you have to take public transport cos U arent insured!

• Advertisement

I'm going into town tomorrow anyway so it suits to look around. How very unlazy of me to get up and leave my computer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If your not getting quotes online then your better off ringing them directly. Online quotes can be very generic and don't cover every circumstance.

I would get go to the www.goldenpages.ie and start ringing around different insurance companies and brokers.

Also the company/broker doesn't have to be local, most will issue insurance to you from anywhere in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Quinn Direct ftw. They should give you a decent quote. Also, AXA has an office in Limerick on O'Connell street (look for the Expert sign its three doors up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Bmark

Always ring the insurance companies directly - most of the quotes i ever received on line were more expensive than when i rang up !!!!! Quinn Direct seem to be the cheapest from my experience.

I went to the brokers today and was told the cheapest they could find was €1254!!! with AXA... but AXA themselves quoted me at €1017. Going directly to the company will be the case it seems! Quinn direct quoted me €849 for the exact same details!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Hibernian Insurance which in my opinion is the best by far have an office located in Henry street right next door to the Henry Street Guard Station.

EagleStar have a branch in O connell Street..If you pass out the axa office and pass the belltable arts its not too far up on the same side.

hope that helps.

Advertisement