Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stone Carpets

• 25-03-2008 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi Does anyone know about stone carpets, I saw it in a friends house and it looked great, however, does anyone know how hard wearing it is and how long its likely to last. Also how suitable is it for a house.

Thanks

Sealrock

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

I had a friend who had it done too in a new house, she loved it, i thought it looked a bit cold looking and commercial type flooring. My car dealer had it in his premises, i think i just associated it with that.

That said its over 5 years since she had it done, she says its money well spent ( i don't how much money). i have grown to like it.

have you looked at http://www.naturalstonecarpets.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Aunt and Uncle got them in their kitchen and living room and bathrooms 3 years ago and still look great, my brother recently got them in his new house, they don't seem to wear at all and are very easy to clean.

They look great and different, they are a little pricey but not much more expensive than an expensive tile.

The company they used were www.naturalstonecarpets.ie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I liked the thought of them and had seen them in others' houses, but when we went to the showroom I went right off them - maybe it was the thought of them in my house!
    Also, in the showroom they looked very worn on the stairs.
    Visit the showroom if you can, they look very different there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well I wouldn't imagine it is suitable for a stairs, it is hard to say how long it will last, I do know you can get them to re-apply the seal if it gets worn down after a few years.

Be interested to hear from someone who has it for more than 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 termon8r

Are they applicable with UFH?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Sealrock

Thanks for the replies, I'm going to head over to the nsc showrooms and have a look at them, I'm also going to go back to my mate and see how he's getting on with in them over the past year.

Overall it seems to be a matter of taste, although I know what you mean about car show rooms!

Cheers

Sealrock

Advertisement