Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really good band I recently recorded

Options
  • 26-03-2008 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

This is the final mix for a band called A.B.A.M. We did 5 songs over 5 days for an EP release.
    These guys can seriously play!
    The drummer is a professional Irish Dancer so that probably helps with coordination skills:-)
    Dav Nagle, who posts here, called over when we did the first mixes (and will be able to tell you how many layers of tracks we were working with and how complicated these mixes were).
    I am really happy with the finished product (as are the band) but any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
    The song from the EP is called "battle jacket" and is on their myspace page.
    myspace dot com/abamband
    Michael

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Michael,
    Good to see someone being proud enough of their work to mention it here. Too much hiding yer CD under a Bushel going on, if you ask me!

Wouldn't be my bag but the band sound good too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

Hi Michael,

There is a huge amount of talking the talk on boards and that is the nature of a good forum, though the real deal is being able to apply that knowledge when an artist or band in this case ask for so much editing to be done with very little understanding of the skills needed. For example at one point the band wanted a vocoder, then they wanted a different bass EQ, each member throwing requests at the engineer like all you had to do was think the creativity, not execute it. All this was executed to your credit very well. I learnt more that day than I could learn from the web. Hands on is where it is at. How are you doing anyway? I am doing my first album, very pleased to get the call. God damn cold is pis^^^g me off bigtime!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

I had a listen, I'm in work so I only have crappy headphones and a laptop, but it sounds very good. The guitars in particular sound very meaty. Sounds like a good band alright.

I once recorded a demo with you way back in the mists of time, about '93 I think it was, in Lohunda. It was a new experience for me at the time and I learned a lot. Good to see you've gone from strength to strength over the years!

Advertisement