Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monday Night Soccer - Verdict so far

• 26-03-2008 1:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭

Have people seen the new League of Ireland highlights programme on RTE on Monday nights and if so what do you think?

Think the everybody involved are doing a superb job so far. You can obviously see that they have a passion for the league.

Panel not afraid to tackle weekly issues and 8pm time-slot is ideal. Full of humour too.

Better than Peter Collins & Ronnie Whelan on the Premiership anyway!

Challenge will be to keep the high standards in the months ahead.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I like it, but having to watch the last two progammes on the internet it doesn;t do it any justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

It is so much better than EL Weekly its untrue. Its well presented, good issues raised and an excellent time slot. Not to mention it actually has coverage from all the premier division games. Some weeks on elw they would have covergae from 1 or 2!

I like the additionals as well like the archives and the 60 seconds.

Roddy can be amusing as well, certainly a damn sight better than Mr Osam. Thought the Star journo the other night (Lennon?) was nervous as hell, but that will settle itself in the weeks to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

I enjoy it, informal and I like the way they feature one game as part of a story, Tony O'Donoghue travelling with Cobh to Finn Park, in with the referree for B*hs and Pats, and with Blackie Connors trying not to get lynched by either set of fans in the Showgrounds.

Viewing figures are solid and rising by the week. Not quite as high as the English Premier Division highlights, but dramatically higher than the Gah highlights (if there is such a thing).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

I like it apart from your wan who does the 60 seconds interview thingy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭raheny red

Viewing figures are solid and rising by the week. Not quite as high as the English Premier Division highlights, but dramatically higher than the Gah highlights (if there is such a thing).

Whereabouts did you read the viewing figures?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

raheny red wrote: »
    It doesn't matter.

You hate it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The show borrows heavily from the MOTD2 format which is not a bad thing as it works. I think they're really trying to take on board any suggestions from viewers to improve the show which is also a good thing.

gimmick wrote: »
    Thought the Star journo the other night (Lennon?) was nervous as hell, but that will settle itself in the weeks to come.
    Yeah noticed that too, he really did seem very nervous although I just thought he had a stutter. I'm sure he'll get better with time, but I think they just rotate the guests each week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

raheny red wrote: »

Released to the clubs and will be on RTE website soon enough. If you had bought your club like you should have, you would see them too.... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭raheny red

DesF wrote: »
    It doesn't matter.

You hate it anyway.

Ha. It's alright, but the amount of eL fans wetting themselves about it is unreal. It's too cheesy for my liking. BBT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

I like it, especially seeing as I can watch it online. I thought Richard Sadlier was very articulate and I'd much prefer to listen to him than Roddy.

That 60 sixty thing was just cringeworthy though!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

An Citeog wrote: »
    That 60 sixty thing was just cringeworthy though!:o

I think its a great show, EL fans have been waiting long enough for one so can understand everyone getting excited.

The 60 second thing, agree its cringeworthy, however if it starts making household names of playes, especially among kids itll be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

It's absolutely brilliant. The best part is that it is archived and I will watch Monday's show tonight.

Great job to RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

bohsman wrote: »

The 60 second thing, agree its cringeworthy, however if it starts making household names of playes, especially among kids itll be great.

Team layouts pre each game would be nice.

Please god dont use Extratime.ies layouts.

kdjac

Advertisement