Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT Summons !!!

Options
  • 26-03-2008 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi,
    i was recently stopped at a checkpoint , was breathalised (zero!)then the guard started checking over the car. The nct was out of date (a while out) so the guard told me i will receive 3 summonses in the post. I know it was stupid to let it lapse but im just wondering does anyone know what i can expect, fine points etc?? i have never had any dealings with the law !!! the car was insured, taxed and in perfect condition for driving ! thanks for any help !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Why three summonses?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,419 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Bmark wrote: »
    the guard told me i will receive 3 summonses in the post

3 summonses for what?

Edit: Anan1 beat me to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Bmark

1 for no valid nct, 1 for not displaying a valid nct disc- i cant remember what the other one was - i passed through dozens of checpoints recently and was waved on !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Curious about the 3 summonses as well. These guys in Wexford were fined €250 each. Probably differs with court areas, but I would not imagine by very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

the car was insured, taxed and in perfect condition for driving ! thanks for any help !
    I think that with an out-of-date NCT, *technically*, the car wasn't road-legal, hence the summons. (No idea why 3 summonses though, unless you're breaking 3 laws at once?

That said, yours is the first case I've heard of that they're starting to enforce NCT.

The only thing I can suggest is to try to get an NCT pronto, and to track down the guard you were dealing with and show it to him(her?) before the whole court stuff is put in motion. Maybe they were in a bad mood; try to reason with them. You were grand on the most important (alcohol and insurance), it's not like you were some scrote with no tax, insurance, NCT and a flagon of cider under your belt for good measure.

Best of lucK :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

3 summonses, bet you e10 you hear sweet feck all about it:)

what i say is,

hello gard,:)

i had the car through the test last week, failed on a imbalance on the rear shocks, i just replaced them and am taking the car on a little test run.

okay, just make sure you get it.

thanks gard:)

in my case this is 98% true

the gards are out in force the past week and today, , if youve anything dodge id leave the car at home, they aint letting much go.

one of my mates was done for speeding and i was brethalised all within 30mins, counted 30 gards in 3 hours last night, still dont know weather its good or bad.

I think the guard was a reserve - he had to ask an older guard what to do ! knowing my luck i'll be made an example of !! im learnin how to play the mouth accordian as we speak:eek: !!!

I think the guard was a reserve - he had to ask an older guard what to do ! knowing my luck i'll be made an example of !! im learnin how to play the mouth accordian as we speak:eek: !!!

a officer on probation you mean, the reserves cant do this stuff afaik:confused:

dont worry about it, hes just going by the book as hes just out of templemore(id be the same), i d be suprised if you got it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Before I get trampled by the horses, I'm not condoning driving without a valid NCT, did it myself. This seems like a quota filler or a noob trying to make a name.

Write down everything you can remember about what happened. Every word said, every document you were asked for, time date, everything!

You might get the 3 summons' or might not - they have 6 months to issue them. At that point, you will have well forgotten the details, so write it down now. In 6 months if the worst happens, get a solicitor and you may have a chance if you have all the details.

This seems like a quota filler or a noob trying to make a name.

I was just trying to find out some info on what might happen ! The majority of searches on google refer to pages on here so i just thought i would sign up an see if anyone could help !!!!!:o

• Advertisement

I was just trying to find out some info on what might happen ! The majority of searches on google refer to pages on here so i just thought i would sign up an see if anyone could help !!!!!:o

well, youve 6 months, get the nct done! then your honour cant say boo!
    if your car is in as good nick as you say, then.................

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I was referring to the Guard, not you:)
    The advise is sound, you'll thank me in 6 months;)

stevec wrote: »
    I was referring to the Guard, not you:)
    The advise is sound, you'll thank me in 6 months;)
    Sorry i mis-interpreted ur answer - Sorry ! any advise is appreciated thanks !

Advertisement