Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weather in the hills!

• 26-03-2008 3:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi guys,

Just happened upon this forum, and thought you might like these pics:
    (reduced in size and compressed a bit, so as to be web-friendly).

1. When I first heard the term "Brocken Spectre", I thought it meant someone who examines badgers very carefully! Now I know it's this (MacGillicuddy Reeks):
    BrockenSpectre.JPG

2. I see this kind of cloud formation reasonably often. One can get a fair wind whipping over a ridge, and a cloud constantly stays on one side of it, with wisps of cloud disappearing before your eyes as they get whipped away from the "back" of the cloud. (Reeks again)
    Cn Toinne 1.JPG

3&4. Two pictures taken on the Knockmealdowns on a cold day. (No snow, this was frost formed on high ground in windy conditions.)
    FrostyGrass2.jpg
    FrostyHeather.JPG

5. View South from Corrán Tuathail with cloud hugging the ground and the peaks clear (temperature inversion).
    SouthFromCorran.jpg

Hope you like 'em.

H.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Fantastic Pictures Hugh. It is hard to choose a best one. I sometimes forget what a beautiful country we live in. Thanks for the reminder!:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Brilliant pics - thanks for sharing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,470 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Lovely pictures Hugh, great examples of the weather, my favourite is the last one, its always something special to be "above" the weather like that.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

As above thanks for sharing.

Advertisement