Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

help- problem with a mini sd card

• 26-03-2008 5:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭

ok so i have a mini sd card for an n73 and ive tried to put some mp3 on it but when i try to copy them it tells me 'disk write protected, please remove protection or insert another disc' how do i remove the write protection? any help would be much appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Umm..... Is the card lock off? It could be a faulty card lock. Sometimes you have to use a bit of sticky tape over the card lock to get it to read.

Another work around might be to use the nokia software to import an mp3 when the card is in the phone and the phone is USB cabled to the PC maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭amandac

yep card lock is off, ill try the sticky tape thing

never thought of that bollocko, that might be the easier option , cheers

Googled it, and some people said that the locks, partic for the adapter if that's what you are using often get pushed to lock from unlock during the process of insertion to the card reader.
    Other than that, you could also try formatting the card from the phone and then trying again, that seemed to help for other people on forums.

Advertisement