Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

155mph in Barnesmore Video

Options
  • 26-03-2008 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭

I am presuming this video was taken over the Easter Hols when gardai were saturating our roads in the interest of road safety.(Though I guess the date on the cam could be correct also). I just watched it and shook my head... Your views :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3wuuQekWNI

It will probably disappear due to publicity. In a way I hope it does.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Not that much of a shock tbh , it is an infamous stretch of road that because it is long , mostly level and stright . Usually it is infamously well watched well by the gardai to match that though , I've seen a two stops on it alone for the short times I've spent travelling on it. But I am not surprised at the video, I know a person who has claimed to have done similar speeds on said road on a motorcycle. This is just the shear idiocy of a couple of morons (smashey hit the nail on the head) and judging by the look of the video it was shot at some obscure time of the morning so I do think that it is unfair to put any blame on the Gardai for this one. They can't be everywhere all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Oh dont get me wrong I wasnt blaming the Gardai... apologises if it seemed that way... I was commenting on the fact that with so much effort put on slowing fools like this down and so much publicity in the media with regard to the number of road deaths that idiots like this just keep on going. I think a few car confiscations and large fines might get their attention.

There was something recently about grading fines and punishments with respect to speed and surely this is a perfect example of this. I think we would be pleasantly surprised as to how quick word would spread amongst the boy racer fraternity if a few Scoobys and the like were impounded. You can continue speeding after a fine but its hard to do that with no car !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

complete dicks tbh.
    They deserve any harm they do to themselves. Problem is they'll probably take some innocent mother and child with them.

irish1967 wrote: »
    I think a few car confiscations and large fines might get their attention.

I dream of the world where they do this but this countries authorities haven't the "trouser mass" to attempt this :mad:.
    Problem is they'll probably take some innocent mother and child with them.

My worries exactly too , I would have no problem if they would simply "resolve" themselves around a lamp post with out any harm to innocent persons.

• Advertisement

Oh and a quick google of the posters name on Youtube should make it easy for the gardai to find these fools !! hint hint

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Oh and a quick google of the posters name on Youtube should make it easy for the gardai to find these fools !! hint hint
    that would involve some pro-activity...

pffft...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

stupid f*ckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

If they are caught they deserve to be banged up for a long time.

That is the problem on Donegal's roads - but they know that they get away with it till they kill themselves, or somebody else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Did he say 155? I could'nt tell to be honest.

Mike.

• Advertisement

The speedometer looked to be at full tilt tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

muppets

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

How does a 20yr old idiot like this get insurance on a car that can do 155mph??

Senna wrote: »
    How does a 20yr old idiot like this get insurance on a car that can do 155mph??

dont think its a case of how they get it, as long as they can afford it, the insurance companies probably aren't to bothered

On the grounds that this video really pissed me off... and given the wonderful world of the internet and its search engines maybe the Gardai might want to talk to a 20 year old in Donegal town who I have no doubt might want the point them in the right direction.;)

On the grounds that this video really pissed me off... and given the wonderful world of the internet and its search engines maybe the Gardai might want to talk to a 20 year old in Donegal town who I have no doubt might want the point them in the right direction.;)
    Hmmmm, the Donegal News could be sent a link to that clip tomorrow. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

If I was this 'Gary's' mother, I'd do a really good job with a sledgehammer on that car! No need for any Gardai, court or law to deprive him of his wheels. If someone knows who he is, would they just tell his Ma? It might save her a lot of heartache in the end and make Donegal roads a bit safer for everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Now if the Gardai were serious about law and order and road deaths in donegal they'd get the ip address of the person who uploaded that, then find out which of their friends has a blue Impreza and pay them a visit. obviously theres not alot of evidence but certainly enough to have a talk with them and keep them under observation. Its quite possible to contact youtube and seek some of the info.

Certainly would wonder where they were that day as they are usually on that section. Them guys start out from I can see near Clar where the worst junction on that road is too and there's nothing good to say about that behavious, straight or not.

smashey wrote: »
    Hmmmm, the Donegal News could be sent a link to that clip tomorrow. ;)

Great minds think alike...the post got the link about midnight last night... lets see if anything happens

Great minds think alike...the post got the link about midnight last night... lets see if anything happens
    It must be our upbringing. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 CapnMark

Cant believe people would be this stupid. Not only to do 155 mph but to post it online aswell.

Just sent the link to the garda traffic bureau. This muppet should be strung up.

dont know if it makes any difference, or probably enven relavent, but the date on the calander (top left corner), looks like 2005, it can be seen more clearly when his pasenger points the camera at the speedo

in addition to the speed, the road was also clearly wet any lose of control could have sent him quite easily into on coming traffic, could have been quite catatropic at that speed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Heard them on Oceanfm about this a while ago, they had the gardai on talking about that stretch of road. If the speed didn't worry these edjeets I'd say they'll be worried later when the guards look into it.

Surely there can't be that many Scoobies in Donegal...Oh wait. Never mind!:D

Video appears to be private now ...

Gillie wrote: »
    Surely there can't be that many Scoobies in Donegal...Oh wait. Never mind!:D
    Shaddup you. :D
    Video appears to be private now ...
    Damn, I was just talking to the Donegal News and was about to send the link. Now I have to call them and make my excuses. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I really wanted to see that video but its private.

Why would someone want to show the world that they drove 155mph on Irish roads.....idiotic and achieves nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭blue shimmering

bobcar61 wrote: »
    I really wanted to see that video but its private.

Why would someone want to show the world that they drove 155mph on Irish roads.....idiotic and achieves nothing.
    Crazy idiots, didn't get to see the video but don't really want to see it anyway! Someone knows who these Gob****es are and they are just as much to blame as the ones who did this - I travel through the gap everyday and am absolutely scared thinking that these wan.....ers could be on the road doing outrageous speeds! They could not only kill themselves but other innocent road users who are obeying the laws, these young ass...les must not have much else to do with their time - it they had a job or something to do, they would be too tired/more sensible to be at this carry on!

I was listening to Ocean FM this morning and that was the first I heard of it, I was on line yesterday but didn't log onto the Donegal thread so missed out! I am flabbergasted that these young men could be so selfish and down right showoff's who then post it on the Web hoping to give others ideas of what to do, and there are a lot of them around just looking for the next more outrageous thing to do than the last one was!

Shame on them all!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭EAFC_rdfl

could some one post here if this makes it into any of the papers? What response did the Gardai Traffic group give?? Hopefully they will make that young clowns life as awkward as possible from now on. as for insurance - there's a good chance he had none!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Decadent

twas on Highland this morning, Ocean picked up on it so I imagine it will be in the papers tomorrow - I have a sneaking suspicion its the type of thing the indo pick up on too

Advertisement